https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Car Insurance  (Read 3009 times)

Offline Dragontao

Car Insurance
« on: June 29, 2014, 09:41:05 AM »
Just renewed my car insurance, and reasonably happy.

Was with Hastings Direct and went online to get quotes for renewals.

Only one quote cheaper than Hastings, but by the time you added on the extras, it made it more expensive.

Got a quote of £186 for their standard insurance (fully comp + no claims protection etc) or £226 for their premier service.

Next day I get my renewal quote through the post from them - £272, which was £40 more than last year.

Straight on the phone, told them I had a cheaper quote on line (direct from their site, not comparison sites, which quoted about 2 - 3 pound higher on each of the quotes from Hastings).

It annoys me that we have to perform this song and dance every year now, but he was able to do me the Premier insurance for £225, which also includes breakdown cover (roadside assistance and recovery), no compulsory excess, legal cover and all the normal extras. So not only was the insurance £15 cheaper than last year, but saves me near on £100 on breakdown cover for the year ahead.

Can't really grumble at that.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline AVFCRoss

Re: Car Insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 03:30:43 AM »
This is my first year with my own insurance, and I managed to get my Ford Fiesta Zetec 06 plate at £750, which is reasonable enough.

I have 4 years no claims on third party of my dads car (not sure what that really counts for, but I did often drive it for my own conveniences), and the plan was always to hit 25 (which I now have done), in order to get a good premium and start my own insurance history. I can actually afford a much nicer car, but the insurance on them is always the dealbreaker, might see how I go with this for a few years and then maybe look into a car on finance.

Offline jman

Re: Car Insurance
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 08:05:36 AM »
Hastings Direct were voted one of the worst car insurers in the UK drags, I went with them for 2 years and just so happen to have my first motoring accident (not my fault) in 14 years of driving, so had the pleasure of dealing 1st hand with their customer service, hahaha, it's a long story, safe to say I now pay a bit more and am back with direct line now instead

Car insurance is all a fucking con anyway, the government should step in and regulate it, since it is a requirement of law if you want to drive