https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Whoops!!!  (Read 2960 times)

Offline harv

Whoops!!!
« on: December 20, 2014, 12:13:41 AM »
Got a new mobile today. Used the HTC transfer thingy to move everything from my HTC One X to my new HTC Eye and then decided to wipe my phone without checking it first. Looks like the bloody thing just copies stuff from the phone memory rather than the memory card... so I've lost a shitload of numbers Lmfao :-[ ;D ;D ;D

Oops!!! :-[ ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

Re: Whoops!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 01:48:10 AM »
Numbers are usually stored on either the sim card or the phone's internal memory (not on removable storage, though there are applications allowing you to back your numbers up to such memory and restore from there) - and there's usually an option to transfer from one to the other, and you can set either as default.

I'm not familiar with this HTC transfer you mentioned but I'd imagine it transfers numbers from internal memory of your old phone to internal memory of your new phone - so any that are missing should be on your old sim card.

Whether you manage to retrieve your numbers or not, for future ease make sure you set either your sim card or your phone as your default storage and transfer any that are on the wrong one. If every number is stored in the same place on your phone it'll make life much easier when you change phones again in a couple of years' time. (And consider using a backup facility, as mentioned above, to backup your numbers to either SD or cloud.)
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

Re: Whoops!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 12:28:29 PM »
The weird thing is that my texts are there, with the names and numbers, but they're not in my phone book. Very odd. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever