https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Will You Be Getting A 3DS Now..?  (Read 5830 times)

Offline harv

Will You Be Getting A 3DS Now..?
« on: January 19, 2015, 04:21:47 PM »
Now that Nintendo have fixed the wonky 3D with Super-Stable 3D, added another two shoulder buttons, added a second analog stick and has now been hacked to play Homebrew and pirate games, will you be getting one..?

It's got quite an impressive and varied games library now, and if you spend £55 on a Gateway you can play these games for free if you're that way inclined. If you are planning on getting a New 3DS (what a daft name, there's going to be plenty of confusion over that!!!) then DON'T UPDATE THE FIRMWARE!!!

Your New 3DS is likely to ship with firmware 9.0 out of the box and a Gateway flashcart will allow you to create and boot into EmuNAND (an Emulated NAND) and update that to the latest firmware (9.4) rather than your SysNAND (your real System NAND). My SysNAND on my old metallic red 3DS is 7.1 but my EmuNAND is 9.4 meaning that I can use the eShop and post onto Miiverse without a problem. 8) ;D 8)

Gateway haven't sorted out compatibility for the New 3DS because it has a different browser so can't use the same exploit as the 3DS but it's on its way, probably during this next week. ;D

So are you thinking of getting one now..?
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

Re: Will You Be Getting A 3DS Now..?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 10:46:55 PM »
Errr no.  ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 12:40:41 AM »
Why not..? There are some fantastic games available for it now, with more on the way. And piracy and homebrew are here now.

It's absolutely the right time to get one, especially now that they've sorted out the 3D and the controls.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 01:32:23 PM »
Name a couple of really good exclusive 3DS games then, ones that are not Nintendo developed/published of course.

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 06:39:56 PM »
Why on earth would you not want to play the best games available for the system..? Did Nintendo kill your family and rape your dog or something lol :o ;D ;D ;D

Okay, here you go:

Bravely Default (85)
Code Of Princess (67)
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl (80)
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan (84)
Dead Or Alive Dimensions (79)
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (77)
Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning (74)
Heroes Of Ruin (69)
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (75)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Yes, Nintendo did publish it in some regions but it's always been known as a Capcom flagship title) (79)
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (84)
Project X Zone (70)
Resident Evil Mercenaries (65)
Ridge Racer 3D (75)
Rune Factory 4 (78)
Shin Megami Tensei IV (84)
Sinobi 3D (69)
Tetris Axis (74)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (78)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (83)

I've included a few there that are also available on iOS but why pay for a game on your iPhone (assuming you have one in the first place) without proper controls when you can download them on your PC and play them on your 3DS for the price of a Gateway flashcart..? And once you include Nintendo's efforts and the eShop games (which you can also download for free to your PC and install them onto your 3DS) it's worth getting.

There's also the Homebrew Scene which has just started finding its feet. Doom (and I hope Quake soon!) has started being worked on and is playable but buggy and someone has started work on a Homebrew media player that, unlike the one Nintendo have given you, isn't crippled by a 10 minute video length restriction. Going to be great if you have long train or coach journies to sit through.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:41:35 PM by harv »

Offline jman

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 01:33:30 PM »
Well I didn't want you to include Nintendo games because thats the easy way out.. I'm sure there are Nintendo made/published games on the 3DS that I would enjoy.. I mean I take that as a given.. I still enjoy the Zelda series, and some Mario games are enjoyable.  But even after a handful of games, what else is there to play ?

Now I'm going to ignore everything you wrote for the games scoring under 80.  I said "really good" and anything in the 60's will not fit the bill.  Sometimes you get a decent 70 rated game but its all based on opinion.  If your talking 80+, its generally a game that is held in high regard by quite a few people.

So all the games over 80 that you listed are all Japanese made/based and all role-playing games.. lol, I would hardly call that an extensive and diversive list!!

And what pees me off more about the 3DS than anything.. is that Nintendo knew when they first built the original 3DS, it needed a 2nd control stick, it needed shoulder triggers, it needed better 3D handling.. and its the lack of or poor implementation of these features has hampered the number of quality games it has on the system... why has it taken 4 years for them to sort this problem out ? 

Nah Nintendo can get stuffed, I don't appreciate a company releasing a half baked console/handheld system and then expecting people to shell out more for another iteration of it when they realize they've screwed up.

Offline harv

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 03:05:59 PM »
I just gave a list of the games I thought would interest you, the games library is quite diverse but I didn't think you'd want to know about the kids' games, the casual games etc.

As for the reviews, it's a bit weird. For some reason reviewers seem to deduct points (whether consciously or unconsciously) just because it's a game on a portable console. The Vita games' reviews also suffer from this strange reaction.

Just thought that some of you might take the plunge now that you can get free games on the thing, with the fixed 3D and proper controls being an added bonus lol :P ;D :P

Why are pirates called pirates..?

Cos they arrrrrrr!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 12:52:30 AM »
I'd probably quite enjoy one, tbh, but I ain't paying a couple of hundred quid for a handheld console even if all the game are free. It's very low on my list of priorities. Definitely need to get a new PC some time soon - and tbh I could get a reasonable one for less than the price of a 3ds with card.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...