https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: So What Superhero Programme Is Next..?  (Read 8539 times)

Offline harv

So What Superhero Programme Is Next..?
« on: May 28, 2015, 08:21:23 PM »
We seem to be getting a load of them now, so which one do you think is next and which one do you want to see..?

Next: The Incredible Hulk
Want: The Punisher

Always loved the Bill Bixby series since I was a kid and I reckon the Hulk is next up. But what I'd love to see is a series for The Punisher, all of the films have been beyond shite so it's about bloody time someone does The Punisher justice ffs :o

Always been one of my favourite superheroes, no special powers or anything - he just does the stuff he does because he's a fucking headcase lol. Similar to Batman in a way but the only portrayal of Batman that's ever been any good was the first two films with Michael Keaton.

Definitely need a Punisher series!!!

What about you lot..?
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

Re: So What Superhero Programme Is Next..?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 08:16:30 PM »
Netflix already have :

AKA Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage to follow Daredevil, with the Defenders featuring all of them to follow.

Don't think there will be a Hulk TV series again.

The Punisher - Hell yes. As long as it's done properly, not the half arsed film they did with Thomas Jane, or the Punisher War Zone one they sort of rebooted with.

Although it wasn't Jane's fault, he is a comic book fan and has even co-written comic books. Check out the fan short of the Punisher (Dirty Laundry) Jane did, it was how he wanted the film to be. Would be great to see a series made in this vein, but would need to be Netflix, Starz or HBO to have the right level of violence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Punisher:_Dirty_Laundry

https://youtu.be/bWpK0wsnitc
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 08:50:45 PM »
I never did comics, so I pretty much only know the superheroes I've seen on TV & in films - so I couldn't predict what might come or say what I'd like to be made.

The trailer for the new Supergirl looks good.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 11:47:54 PM »
I never did comics, so I pretty much only know the superheroes I've seen on TV & in films - so I couldn't predict what might come or say what I'd like to be made.

The trailer for the new Supergirl looks good.

How on earth could you not read comics when you were a kid..? That's just bizarre :o :-\ :o

I used to love them, still do as it goes.

I've always been disappointed that Rorschach from the Watchmen didn't get his own publication, another nutjob that I've always liked. Especially when he said that all of the prisoners were locked in with him when he went inside lol :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 01:37:48 AM »
The new Supergirl isn't bad. Not great but watchable. Wasn't sure about the actress playing her, but she's quite cute as it happens.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 09:06:24 AM »
Yeah, when I first saw the (6-ish minute) trailer I wondered why they cast some plain-Jane instead of going with the more obvious blonde-cheer-leader-buxom-babe type, but by the end of the trailer I'd warmed to her quite a lot.

I'm really looking forward to watching it... but I was really looking forward to Agents of SHIELD (gave up after a couple of episodes) and Gotham (again, gave up after a couple of episodes).
Haven't tried Agent Carter or Daredevil yet, but I will some time soon.

I recall I liked the Hulk when I was a kid, and my mum tells me I liked Wonder Woman, though I barely remember it. I suspect I watched it because dad was watching (drooling over) it.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 10:10:29 AM »
If you didn't like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D you probably won't like Agent Carter, though I like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Daredevil is superb though. The casting is very good (though that's from the perspective of someone who has read the comics).

Trouble with the Hulk series from the 70's is that it wasn't really the Hulk. Special effects now are so much better (obviously) so they can bring characters to life the way they should be.

I'd love to see a Shang Chi TV series. Would be great if they could get Jet Li to play him lol. Not really a super hero as such, no powers, but based on a comic anyway.

I'd like to see a Darkness TV series done by one of the cable channels or Netflix, would be suitably gritty and would need to be 18 cert.

I'd also love to see a Conan TV series done by Starz in the same way they did Spartacus - that would do the character justice. Can't see it happening as Arnie is reprising the role. Much as I like Arnie, those Conan films were not great, as a fan of both the comics and Robert E Howard's books.

Some good blasts from the past they could turn into series: Killraven, Alien Legion (although would make a great film).

If I start looking back I'd probably find loads more, it's no wonder they are turning to comics for film/tv ideas now. Years of source material and scripts/plots pretty much written for them, plus the ability to do them proper justice with effects. Win win.

They just need to stop fucking around with them, Fantastic Four movie for a start. Will be boycotting it. Making the Human Torch black ffs. People claim people moaning about it are racist, but it's a traditionalist thing. A major well established character. #

Proably non-fans won;t care too much, just like me not being that bothered about Jimmy Olsen being black in the new Supergirl, as I am not a DC fan, so never read the comics and it doesn't bother me that he's gone from white in Smallville to black in Supergirl.

Even with minor characters, taking Ben Urich and making him black in Daredevil didn't bother me. The Nick Fury thing in Avengers, well it was based on the Avengers from the Ultimates timeline, so was okay, plus it made sense as Fury in the mainstream Marvel universe is a WWII war veteran.

But not the bloody human torch.

Offline harv

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 10:34:38 AM »
The Human Torch is black..?!!? :o

Wtf :o

Was never a fan of The Fantastic Four but The Thing and The Human Torch were awesome. The other two were a bit too wimpy for my liking. :-\

Me and my brother had superhero Top Trumps when we were kids, had superheroes and super villains. They were fantastic. They were my favourite Top Trumps with the horror ones coming a very close second. Good times they were 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 03:00:49 PM »
Just started watching series 3 of Arrow, Felicity Smoak as a goth..? My cock is VERY hard right now :-* :-* :-*

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 06:08:04 PM »
ffs Harv way TMI  :-\

Offline harv

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 07:06:38 PM »
You're lucky I didn't post a picture ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2015, 05:48:15 PM »
Also worth watching the third series to see flashbacks of Thea in her schoolgirl outfit again. Hubba Hubba Hubba!!! :-*

Would love to put that over my knee and give it a good spanking :o :P

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 08:27:04 PM »
Harv channeling his inner Jimmy Saville.

Offline harv

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2015, 08:57:22 PM »
Nowt wrong with schoolgirl outfits and spanking as long as they've actually left school lol :o ;D

Have always liked uniforms 8)

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 10:59:03 PM »
 ::)  :-\ The thread has turned into a confessional for Harv's fetishes. Look Harv, they've even got a gimp mask emoticon for you >  :-X