https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Holidays - abroad & at home  (Read 3619 times)

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
Holidays - abroad & at home
« on: February 26, 2020, 01:18:10 PM »
Anybody got any decent holidays coming up?
Do you book excursions or just relax?

I don’t know about others but you can’t beat the buzz of going to the airport. I always stay up the night before watch the planes come in.

I have travelled to some different places abroad - Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Denmark, Switzerland, France, Germany, Ireland and Morocco so far. Have got a big one booked for this year which is Mexico. Saving up already for another next year, hopefully Costa Rica.

Have travelled most of southern UK quite extensively. Been to near enough every zoo. Off to Jersey next month which is meant to be beautiful.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 01:20:13 PM by The Borg »
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
Re: Holidays - abroad & at home
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 01:18:19 PM »

Offline jman

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 10:43:07 PM »
Had a trip to Italy booked this year, Naples/Pompeii for 4 nights and then flying out and spending a week in sardinia.. only cost £400 for all the flights (2 people), then we found out that my wife is expecting and the due date is a week before... so that's pissed that right up the wall lol.

Been to Orlando 5 times in the last 8 years... like a second home to us... but don't think we'll be going back there for a while now either lol.

But I swagged a work trip to texas, flew out today.. it was a long flight (10h), not really a holiday but it's all I'm gonna get.. I've got this weekend to myself at least, going to watch an MLS game and an NHL game so happy with that.

Offline harv

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 11:35:22 PM »
I've never been on holiday abroad. A couple of day trips to France but that's about it.

I tried going to Sweden with a mate of mine but they deported me lol. Only had a single ticket and my mate was going to get me a single back in a couple of weeks. He had dual nationality and was living and working over there so we didn't think it would be a problem.

I've never even been on a plane before! 😯

All my holidays when I was a kid were in England and Wales, camping trips. Back in the 70s and 80s there was no such thing as cheap flights so we always used to have our holidays over here.

Made me appreciate how good this country is for entertainment though. The Tank Museum, tin mines, caves, Beaulieu, various castles, the New Forest, beautiful coastal areas like Cornwall and Devon, beautiful parts of the country like the Cotswolds.

I think I grew up as a better person because of it.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 07:56:35 PM »
I go to Mexico in may currently. Gonna be interesting to see what happens with that.

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 04:10:42 AM »
Unfortunately the virus spread will only be getting worse. Don't mean to sound negative but it's the reality. It's estimated that there will be 10,000 cases in UK alone by Easter. Many professionals in the field have said this could last numerous months possibly even over a year.

I would think twice about booking anything within the next 3 months.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin