https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Mobile Gaming  (Read 4013 times)

Offline harv

Mobile Gaming
« on: July 23, 2015, 01:20:29 AM »
Have started to look into mobile game and app development after getting AGK 2 with the humble bundle thingummybob. With App Game Kit 2 you can develop games using their version of BASIC (which is compiled into machine code rather than interpreted like old school BASIC so it's pretty fast) and then export it to Windows, Linux, Android devices and Apple devices without the need to learn their APIs. It's quite a clever piece of kit.

So do you play that many games on mobiles..?

In a short amount of time I've learnt enough to create a simple 2D shooter, it's piss easy.

Am thinking about developing a shooter using football club badges as space ships, although obviously I won't be able to put that anywhere near Google Play lol
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

Re: Mobile Gaming
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 12:58:01 AM »
It's rare I play mobile games these days. Perhaps I would if I used public transport.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

Re: Mobile Gaming
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 12:49:04 PM »
The book I'm learning from had the touchscreen as controls for its first demo game but that was a bit pants. I added a virtual joystick and a virtual button in minutes last night. Mobile development is so easy with AGK 2 it's ridiculous lol

The developers are adding 3D goodness to it soon, hopefully it's going to be as easy to do as 2D sprites is, last time I looked at 3D programming the maths was a bloody nightmare :o :-\ :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever