https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: VR Gaming..?  (Read 5097 times)

Offline harv

VR Gaming..?
« on: September 05, 2015, 02:02:10 PM »
How many of you are itching to try this out..?

HTC Vive is supposed to be launching in November this year but because technologically it's the most powerful it's going to be the most expensive. Some people have said it's going to be as much as 500 quid in November :o but Valve have said that the second batch in Q1 next year will be cheaper.

Oculus Rift and Morpheus are expected to be released next year but due to the power of the PS4 Morpheus isn't going to be anywhere as good - a lower resolution and probably less frames.

The recommended specs for Oculus Rift are 8GB of RAM, an i5-4590 and an NVIDIA GTX 970 or AMD 290.

I'm REALLY looking forward to trying VR gaming out, Elite: Dangerous in VR-O-Vision is supposed to be jaw dropping.

I just hope the bloody thing doesn't make me throw up lololol :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

Re: VR Gaming..?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 09:08:53 PM »
I'm keen to try it, but I'm not paying more than £200 for it - as there's a decent chance it'll be niche and/or a passing phase.
Could be great on some games, but for most current game genres I can't see it fitting in.
I'll probably wait for the second generation machines. No point getting in early in this instance. Prices will be very high and applications will be very low.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 10:52:12 PM »
You should be okay to run it on your new machine I think too so you'll just have to fork out for the VR gear.

The HTC Vive is going to be more expensive because it's shinier lol. Going to be interesting to see how Vive and Oculus Rift compete as far as price point goes. The Vive is going to be £400-500 and the Rift is going to be £300-400 I reckon. And of course everyone is going to get it cheaper in the States just to piss us all off lmfao :o ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline jman

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 08:55:21 AM »
My friend has tried out the Rift and he said he felt quite nauseous after using it for 5 minutes...

I think I'll wait for the console incarnations before deciding whether its worth investing in.

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 03:28:28 PM »
How long ago was that though..? The CV1 version is supposed to be miles better than the DK2 version.

Going to try it out at a gaming event or in a shop before I upgrade my PC though, just in case lol :o

I've never been travel sick in my life and can read whilst on a car, train or boat journey without a problem so hopefully I'll be okay 8)

Offline jman

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 03:59:40 PM »
I would say that was about 9-12 months ago.. he was doing a rollercoaster simulator on it..

To be fair, I've never suffered from travel or motion sickness.. but I did this ride called "Turtle Trek" at SeaWorld a few years back.. its a 3D 360 degree dome theatre that you stand in and its supposed to be you swimming with the turtles which are all around you.... 2 minutes in and my head felt like it was spinning and I was ready to puke everywhere.. I had to close my eyes for most of it lol.

I find any kind of screen close to my eyes makes my eyes go a bit googly though... so I don't know how I'd fare with it.

Offline harv

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 08:54:42 PM »
Ah, right. That was probably the DK2 version. There's a huge difference between the DK2 and CV1 versions apparently.

Can't believe that this all started around 3 years ago with Oculus Rift and now we're possibly 2-3 months away from HTC Vive being released and possibly 4-6 months away from Oculus Rift being released.

I hope to fuck that it isn't going to make me throw up, I've been dreaming about VR gaming for longer than most gamers have been born :o ;D :o ;D

Well I've needed to upgrade my PC for years so it needed to be done at some point. Going to be REALLY difficult for me to save up the cash...but I need to lose a bit of weight anyway so not eating that much for a year will be good for me lmfao :-\ ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 05:00:07 PM »
Have been watching a good few YouTube videos of Oculus Rift goodness, these two are fucking hilarious...this girl's Dad is awesome.

If you can watch these two videos without laughing you have serious problems lololol ;D ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FZNfgHHNYk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU3ERane7Uk

Some REALLY annoying people, the majority of them Yanks, on YouTube with DK2 though. :o