https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: New British Heavyweight Champion Of The World  (Read 14374 times)

Offline harv

New British Heavyweight Champion Of The World
« on: November 29, 2015, 03:24:09 PM »
Did anyone else see the fight last night. Tyson Fury beat Wladimir Klitschko in a unanimous points decision after 12 rounds. 8)

A great deal of the experts in the game were surprised about it but I knew that he'd win the fight, although I was expecting him to knock Klitschko out. The first and the eleventh rounds were a draw in my opinion and Fury won the other ten.

I don't know why so many people were surprised, he's shown in the past that he can take a punch, he's always had fast hands, a great jab, has plenty of punching power, can switch between orthodox and southpaw very easily and, contrary to popular belief, his two most important assets aren't his fists but his feet. The best footwork and movement I've seen from a fighter in donkey's years.

I wish he'd give this gypsy thing a rest though. He isn't a pikey and he isn't a romani, he probably comes from a long line of fairground folk but that's about as far as it goes.

Klitschko's team tried all sorts of shenanigans to try and put Fury off his game - GloveGate, RingGate and HandWrapsGate lol - which shows (if avoiding the fight for years isn't enough lol) how worried he was about facing him. There's a rematch clause in the contract but I can't imagine that Klitschko will be up for it if he watches the fight today and sees how he was so comprehensively beaten during that fight. :o

Good to see another 'character' in the Heavyweight division again what with talking the talk, the Batman outfits and the singing we've certainly got entertainment both inside and outside the ring. Plus he's a big United fan too! ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

Re: New British Heavyweight Champion Of The World
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 10:12:14 PM »
Am now watching Chris Eubanks Jr vs Gary O'Sullivan, he's looking MILES better than his old man. How O'Sullivan is still on his feet is beyond me :o
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 10:25:52 PM »
O'Sullivan's corner retired him from the fight after the 7th round. No surprise because he was getting battered like a fish on Friday lol. Still stayed on his feet though, one hell of a chin :o

Anthony Joshua next. He's looking pretty tasty but can't see him being able to handle Fury's movement if/when they fight in a couple of years time.

Offline harv

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 10:58:00 PM »
It's all kicking off Lmfao :o ;D

Joshua punched after the bell  ;D

Can't see this lasting beyond the 2nd round lololol

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 11:01:39 PM »
On the other hand, Whyte really shook Joshua with a few punches :o

Round 3 next!

Offline harv

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 11:05:23 PM »
Whyte ahead 2-1 imo.

Round 4 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 11:08:51 PM »
2-2 ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 11:13:42 PM »
Joshua ahead 3-2. Much better round. Whyte looking knackered.

Offline harv

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2015, 11:17:05 PM »
Joshua 4-2.

Offline harv

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 11:21:07 PM »
Joshua knocked him out in round 7. Good fight in the end, really surprised me.

Jim Watt agreed with my scoring too. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 02:40:04 AM »
Well we've got another potential World Champion on the way in Joshua. Not so sure that he's got enough power to put Kitschko  down and we don't really know how good Joshua's chin is. If Joshua doesn't win by KO by the7th round I reckon the Ruskie will end up winning.

Going to be interesting to see how this one goes, starts tomorrow night at around 9:45pm I think. 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2017, 10:45:07 PM »
A great fight, Joshua won after a stoppage in Round 11. I thought that was going the distance and was expecting a win on points for Klitschko but Joshua managed to pull something out of the bag in the 11th. Nice!

Now I want to see Joshua vs Fury! 8)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:51:38 PM by harv »

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 10:20:31 PM »
I hope Joshua hits the twat Fury with one of those uppercuts. lovely punch.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 07:56:47 PM »
Tyson Fury is having his comeback fight tomorrow against an Albanian called Sefer Seferi. Fury is 5 stone heavier, if he doesn't knock him into next week this will be an embarrassment although being smaller and lighter may give the guy an advantage. He's also got a surprising amount of knockouts for such a small fighter.

I've missed watching Fury fight, he's not a nice person but his movement is the best I've seen for donkey's years.

Offline harv

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2018, 11:12:51 PM »
Fury is still WAY too heavy despite losing a shitload of weight. You have to give him credit for losing that weight and getting back into the ring after his mental health issues though.

Seferi got battered for 4 rounds and didn't come out for the 5th. This is going to take a while for him to get back to his best but even with a stone and a half of extra weight and 30 months of ring rust we still saw a few flashes here and there of the old Tyson Fury.

He reckons he'll have a world title belt before the end of the year but I'm not sure he's going to be ready until next year.