https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: New British Heavyweight Champion Of The World  (Read 14443 times)

Offline harv

Re: New British Heavyweight Champion Of The World
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2018, 10:07:13 PM »
Anthony Joshua vs Alexander Povetkin. Should be a good fight, Joshua needs to be sharp tonight because Povetkin could give him a lot of problems.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2018, 10:30:20 PM »
Joshua has had his nose broken at the end of the first round and the Ruskie is connecting with some good shots. Joshua hasn't found his rhythm yet at the end of round three. First round a draw and the other two have gone to Povetkin.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2018, 10:38:32 PM »
And now my internet has gone tits up. AGAIN!!! Fucking useless fucking Virgin Media  >:(

Offline harv

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 10:56:45 PM »
Joshua ended up knocking the crap out of him in round 7 resulting in a TKO. My internet came back for the 7th round and according to the commentators he picked things up in rounds 4-7 and got himself ahead on points, not that it mattered. A lot of that was down to Povetkin getting a bit knackered after those first three rounds I think.

Offline harv

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2018, 12:22:29 AM »
Wilder is starting to feel the pressure, I thought he was a bit shaky when he said the other day that Fury hasn't got into his head. The fact that he said that says that he HAS got into his head lol ;D

Fury is great at winding opponents up, Wilder and his brother both lost it at the latest press conference. Expect plenty of verbal from Fury during the fight too, Wilder's discipline is pretty poor, it won't be long before he starts throwing those windmills around which Fury SHOULD be able to avoid without much of a problem.

Wilder has a few problems for this fight on Sunday morning (5am!):

1) He will struggle to keep his discipline as mentioned above

2) Fury's feinting and movement will disrupt his rhythm, we saw the same thing happening to Klitschko

3) When he throws that right hand and MISSES his trailing leg (which is much too wide) moves forward, putting him off balance and both his legs end up square against his opponent leaving him vulnerable to a counter.

4) Fury is VERY difficult to hit due to his feinting and movement that I've mentioned above. Klitschko, who was a MUCH better boxer than Wilder will ever be, only landed 52 punches over 12 rounds. That's an average of 4.33 punches per round.

Of course you can't write off a big puncher completely for a second, because one punch can change everything, but I reckon Fury will win this.

Offline harv

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2018, 04:24:26 PM »
Wilder immediately after the press conference screaming at a reporter lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOhlEeMDH-o

I think it's safe to say that Fury has done the same thing to Wilder that he did to Klitschko, he's well and truly got into his head and he didn't even need to dress up as Batman to do it lol. Expect similar in the ring too but with one big difference - Wilder will come out right from the first second swinging those windmills. Before the second round (assuming that Fury doesn't get knocked out) he'll get told in the break to calm the fuck down and use his head. Second round you'll see Fury fucking Wilder's rhythm with those feints and that movement and the fight will go on until the 8th or 9th round until Fury wins by TKO. Wilder's eyes bruise easily.

You heard it here first. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2018, 02:36:22 AM »
Good start for the UK. Young Joe Joyce wins with a knockout in round 1. A good few punches, it could have finished a few seconds earlier. He rocked Hanks but sportingly stood back to give him a few seconds to gather what was left of his marbles lol. Hanks had to steady himself against one of the ropes, a few seconds passed and then Joyce went in and finished him off.

I don't think he can do that when he steps up the quality of his opponents because he'll become unstuck. Regardless that's 7 knockouts in 7 fights with his last 4 coming in the first round. Definitely one to watch for the future anyway.

The Ortiz fight should last a bit longer cos he's getting on a bit now lol ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 02:38:30 AM by harv »

Offline harv

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2018, 02:40:39 AM »
I wish I hadn't seen so much footage as the fight hype started to build up because I think I've seen all of the footage and interviews and stuff that Showtime are showing as fillers.

Offline harv

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2018, 03:02:41 AM »
Kauffman deserves to get beat by Ortiz just for having a REALLY crap beard lol

Round 3 of 10 and Ortiz is ahead. Kauffman using the ring to tire Ortiz's old legs. Ortiz keeps on catching him, think we'll see a KO from Ortiz in 6 or 7.

Offline harv

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2018, 03:14:47 AM »
Kauffman down in round 6 but survived the round. I think it's only a matter of time before he gets beat.

Offline harv

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2018, 03:18:37 AM »
Ortiz has won every round so far. Round 8 coming up.

Offline harv

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2018, 03:22:39 AM »
Kauffman down again in round 8 but survives again.

Offline harv

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2018, 03:37:18 AM »
Stream went tits up, Ortiz the winner by a stoppage in round 10.

Offline harv

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2018, 03:52:06 AM »
American Jarrett Hurd vs Jason Welborn from Birmingham, the British Light Middleweight champion. Three belts up for grabs for a risky fight for Hurd as his next fight is a unification job.

I think Welborn might get battered here unfortunately.

Offline harv

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2018, 04:12:41 AM »
Welborn knocked out in round 4. If he had a bigger punch on him he would have had a chance, he did some great work inside but didn't offer enough to bother Hurd. A nice body shot finished it.

Fury vs Wilder next. 8)