https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Runcible Spoon at Christmas  (Read 44137 times)

Offline agadorspartacus

Re: Runcible Spoon at Christmas
« Reply #135 on: January 04, 2018, 06:31:36 PM »
Three games to go and both compettitions are still to play for. Looks like it's going to the line.... ;) ;D 8)

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #136 on: January 06, 2018, 06:15:08 PM »
Reviewing the table and the game then The Top of The Table game is going to the wire. If both Teams win their games then Ant will take the title on goal difference. However not to count chickens....

Iwopp looks set to lift The Runcible Spoon, which will leave Betty Swollocks in runner's up spot. Ag plays The Swollocks tomorrow. ;) 8)

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #137 on: January 08, 2018, 07:08:01 PM »
The Winner of The Runcible Spoon is Jellybellies. Well Done. An Awesome Achievement. That's 5,000 credits in the Jelly Bank. Betty Swollocks pushed hard all season to try and take the Spoon and finish 3,000 credits better off in the Runner's up spot.

Top of The Table goes t o Ant and Floriana. Credit payout of 2,000 from Cat Games and 2,000 from me. That's 4,000. Chaz's Seg finish second. That's a 1,000 credits from Cat Games and a 1,000 credits from me.

I will be messaging Junior to do the credit transfer very soon. ;) 8)

Offline iwopp

« Reply #138 on: January 08, 2018, 08:34:58 PM »
Very proud to be lifting this title  :)

Betty Swallocks played atrociously, and gave me a good run for my money!

Thank you Ag for running this comp again
jellybellies

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #139 on: January 08, 2018, 10:28:03 PM »
well done Jellybellies, you deserve to take my title, you played a great game.

thanks Ag for organising this, the spoon adds a lot to sundayleague, it provides a very different dynamic and adds a lot of fun
Rathpeacon

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2018, 11:46:26 AM »
Well done to Jellybellies.  Its really hard to play that badly on a consistent basis.  I put a lot of effort in but couldn't get near to you.

It was a fantastic competition and really enjoyed playing it.

Thanks to Ag for organising it.

If i had one suggestion for making it even better next year it would be to drop the idea of it being a dual competition  ( prizes for top and bottom)  and make it purely a race for the bottom.  In fact could go a step further and say that the top team pays credits to the bottom team ,  second to second bottom, etc...but don't know if people would go that far.  The draw back with the dual aspect is that many of the games  are foregone conclusions   ( when someone aiming win plays someone aiming to lose)  and so the title depends on just a few key games against fellow losers or winners.   Only a small point, though, and it was one of the most enjoyable  competitions I've ever played on here.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 02:28:03 PM by davidvangaal »
DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI

Offline cha4zz

« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2018, 12:03:00 PM »
Thanks ag for organising another round of this, was great fun to be part of. Good ideas DVG, maybe we could have a poll on this towards the end of the year to organise?
The Seg

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2018, 06:23:01 PM »
Well done to Jellybellies.  Its really hard to play that badly on a consistent basis.  I put a lot of effort in but couldn't get near to you.

It was a fantastic competition and really enjoyed playing it.

Thanks to Ag for organising it.

If i had one suggestion for making it even better next year it would be to drop the idea of it being a dual competition  ( prizes for top and bottom)  and make it purely a race for the bottom.  In fact could go a step further and say that the top team pays credits to the bottom team ,  second to second bottom, etc...but don't know if people would go that far.  The draw back with the dual aspect is that many of the games  are foregone conclusions   ( when someone aiming win plays someone aiming to lose)  and so the title depends on just a few key games against fellow losers or winners.   Only a small point, though, and it was one of the most enjoyable  competitions I've ever played on here.

Thanks for this feedback. They are issue's I have thought about often. Transferring credits between teams is a no go for me, as I don't like asking Managers to do this, and to be honest Managers don't want to pay out in a competition. I can't see the top team paying the Spoon placed bottom team etc etc. For this reason I don't run Home and Away Elite anymore. This is the version of the competition where if I beat a Team Home and Away they pay out 1,500 credits to me. Had to cancel it last time out.

The big snag in the backwards game is that the top two division places contain 3,000 cat game credits and even if all eight or sixteen teams say they are playing for The Runcible Spoon end of the table the temptation to win a few games is there for all to ponder upon. Especially with a Champion like Jellybellies to contend with. Its hard to police about who is trying and who is not trying hard enough. It's like playing Attack for a couple of games in A Defence Only League. That's six points deliberately or I forgot to change my default tactics.

So to combat this The Top of The Table Competition came into play. Yes it's not great that we are all not going for The Spoon. But it makes it transparent who is going for a cut of the 3,000 Cat Games credits. Yes there are games that are "foregone conclusions" but I just think that's a biscuits and gravy day off.

When it started most people went for The Spoon but over the year's other Managers realised there are easy credits going at the other end of the table. It's like I can get credits with "foregone conclusion" games as every other Manager wants to leak goals.

I tried making The Runcible Spoon prize bigger and thus more attractive but Managers still play the percentages and think they will do better in The Top of The Table competion. This is not an accusation, it's just fact. Managers may be in The Runcible Spoon for gelling purposes etc. It's not controllable.

However I do believe I have the competition modification that will suit all comers. That's The Runcible Spoon Pair's Competion. But you will have to wait until the next Festive Season for details. I just hope there is another Black Friday credit deal to cope with the prizes on offer. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D :-X 8)

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2018, 07:13:55 PM »
More news tomorrow as the new version of the game is about to make an appearance. Lots of prizes. Watch this space. ::) :o :P :-X ;) 8)

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2018, 04:57:12 PM »
What this competition needs is 15 teams. Once signed up I will get my son to do a draw to set up pairs teams. Instead of a 16 team Rucible Spoon league where you choose to play either for the bottom of the table Runcible Spoon or the top of the table credits the teams will split into two eight team leagues. So everyone will play for either the Runcible Spoon league or The top of the table league. The winning pair will be the twosome who win the most credits as a pair's total. Everyone will win something. So please sign up. ;) 8)

Offline iwopp

« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2018, 05:36:57 PM »
What this competition needs is 15 teams. Once signed up I will get my son to do a draw to set up pairs teams. Instead of a 16 team Rucible Spoon league where you choose to play either for the bottom of the table Runcible Spoon or the top of the table credits the teams will split into two eight team leagues. So everyone will play for either the Runcible Spoon league or The top of the table league. The winning pair will be the twosome who win the most credits as a pair's total. Everyone will win something. So please sign up. ;) 8)

Happy to play for the win or lose. I do find it easier to lose lately though  :-\

1. Jellybellies
jellybellies

Offline Brian G.

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2018, 06:14:36 PM »
1. Jellybellies
2. CSI-Margate
CSI-Franchise
Forest Supporter since 1955.  Good old Div3(South).
We came, we saw, We conquered.  We will again.🙂😎🙂

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2018, 06:16:19 PM »
Iwopp has reminded me. Once your in your pair, then the decision to play in which half of the draw is down to the team mates. ;) 8)

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2018, 08:27:31 PM »
I won this two years ago, well I finished last and won the spoon. Delighted to see this back again, competitions like this add a lot to Sunday league.

Thanks Ag.

1. Jellybellies
2. CSI-Margate
3. Rathpeacon
Rathpeacon

Offline Wizard

« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2018, 11:24:49 PM »
1. Jellybellies
2. CSI-Margate
3. Rathpeacon
4. Menagerie