https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: E3 2016  (Read 5198 times)

Offline jman

E3 2016
« on: June 13, 2016, 10:20:11 AM »
Wasn't going to bother with an E3 thread this year because the Euros are on and quite frankly I'm way more into that at the moment..

BUT... I just saw the Fifa 17 trailer with a story mode - Link

It looks QUALITY!!  I don't usually bother with the FIFA updates as I prefer the NHL games.. but this is a game-changing update.. definitely getting it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:23:59 AM by jman »

Offline jman

Re: E3 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 10:30:12 AM »
The other trailer I saw this morning that looked pretty decent was Prey - Link

I'd probably buy it based on the first game.. even though this one is nothing to do with the first one now (they scrapped the sequel and are doing a reboot)... the only thing it has in common looks like you still get butt-raped by a bunch of aliens.. but the original was a quality game - I really enjoyed it.

Ooh they kinda announced a sequel to Wolfenstein aswell called The New Colosus

Expect to see the 4k Xbox One announcement later... if the leaked images are anything to go by - it looks NICE.. I want one  :'(
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:33:35 AM by jman »

Offline jman

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 10:38:59 AM »
Oh jeez... I knew I shouldn't of started looking.. now I want to play everything..

Saw the leaked images of Dead Rising 4 just now.. I love Dead Rising.. very happy they are making another one.. it looks stupid as fuck lol

Offline Late

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 01:17:02 PM »
Still psyched for Dishonored 2.

Not sure about story mode in Fifa.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 01:45:40 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Story mode could be the best thing EA have bought to the FIFA in the last decade... it could also be the shittest... definitely willing to give it a go though.

Offline Late

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 07:12:38 PM »
State of Decay 2 looks fantastic, from the little we were shown. I loved the original (though it was too easy).

I'm still liking the look of recore, too.

Xbox One Slim and Project Scorpio both announced, as expected. No mention of price, unsurprisingly. They want people excited, not laughing hysterically.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 07:59:28 PM »
X1S was priced at $299, but what's the point... I'll be getting a Scorpio  ;D

Crossplay in gears has me excited and personally I didn't enjoy state of decay too much, but the sequel looks great

Offline stupac

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 08:41:37 PM »
I was pretty pumped when I saw the new FIFA story mode. But then I found out you can't customize your own character. You have to play as Alex Hunter, and it looks like you can only play in the Premier League.

Still, it's a pretty big addition and could change the game completely. Dunno if I'll get it though if you can't play as your own player. 
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline Late

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 09:57:54 PM »
They couldn't introduce all that in one go. It'd leave them less options next year.
They need to introduce new features slowly, to keep the punters coming back every year.

Fifa 18 you'll be able to customise your player.
Fifa 19 he'll be able to play for any club.
Fifa 20 he'll be going to shady meetings with far Eastern business men and throwing games.
Fifa 21 he'll be spit-roasting gold-diggers.
They'll have co-op for that in Fifa 22.

Offline Late

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 04:08:07 AM »
Pretty good show by Sony this year.
I like the idea of Resident Evil VR, Detroit still looks intriguing - and although we didn't see enough of Death Stranding to know what the hell's going on it definitely has me interested.

Offline jman

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 08:25:02 AM »
Hehe.. I know deep down the Fifa 17 story mode is going to be a cheesy piece of crap.. but still interested..
Other games that I'll probably pre-order :

South Park : The Fractured But Whole
Gears 4
State of Decay 2
Halo Wars 2
Prey
Titanfall 2
NHL 17
Dead Rising 4

I have to say.. Final Fantasy 15 looked absolute shit.. and Tekken.. really.. why bother..  ;D ;D  Disappointed not to have any news on RDR 2  :-\

Offline stupac

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 02:57:02 PM »
I saw that apparently the Skyrim remaster will be free for PC owners who have the game and all DLC. Anyone know if it's the same for consoles? If not that is total BS. Not sure whether I can mentally take another trip to Skyrim lol, never put as many hours into a game as I did on Skyrim. But if they expect console players to pay for it again that'll make up my mind for me.

Didn't play the first Dishonored, but the 2nd one looks pretty good. Need to watch Ubisoft and Sony conferences at some point and might aswel watch the Microsoft one too. Or was it all just exclusive stuff?
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline Late

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 09:10:45 PM »
"Exclusive" was probably said more than any other word in the Microsoft presser, tbh.

Mainly games that are exclusive to xb1 & pc, plus news that they're stepping up their cross-platform stuff and hoping to bring most games to both platforms - and then the news on the slim and Project Scorpio.

With all their talk of new consoles and everything on Xbox being playable on pc it mainly just had me wondering why I should bother getting their new console. Makes much more sense to instead get a powerful pc.

You should watch Sony's presentation, Stu. Some good looking games there.
Ubi's presentation was sick, as always, but I didn't think they had was much too show off as usual.

Offline harv

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 01:47:53 PM »
It always makes sense to get a powerful PC 8)

Although now that the PS5 and Xbox Two (because let's face it, they're both next generation consoles) are having VR goodness you don't need a PC for VR next year ;D

Announcements for Serious Sam VR, Doom VR and Fallout VR from E3 but those last 2 will probably involve a crappy teleportation mechanic so I'm more likely to play them using VorpX.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever