https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: SundayLeague World  (Read 129397 times)

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
Re: SundayLeague World
« Reply #345 on: March 16, 2017, 09:41:34 AM »
well enjoy kicking my ass today anyone who plays me  >:(

Never in all my days playing SL have both my keepers gone on the piss at the same time. Not happy  ::)

http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/squad.pl

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #346 on: March 16, 2017, 11:48:04 AM »
will the keepers be back for the 03.00am game? both are absent for 1 day, supposedly ::)

Offline Baggio

« Reply #347 on: March 16, 2017, 12:03:33 PM »
Pretty sure if you have a training session they will be. Always happens at the worst times Bill  ::)
SL Hibernian

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #348 on: March 16, 2017, 10:31:29 PM »
Not sure if i take the chance or not tonight. Might just bid for a stop gap for tonight big game against the bellies  ::)

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #349 on: March 17, 2017, 10:38:01 AM »
Pretty sure if you have a training session they will be. Always happens at the worst times Bill  ::)

This is incorrect for future refs for all. I decided to give it a try and both were still AWOL for the 03:00am game hence the 14-0 whipping i took from the bellies last night  ::)

Offline iwopp

« Reply #350 on: March 17, 2017, 01:25:03 PM »
That was a shame Bill.

Don't think i've ever had both keepers go awol at the same time
jellybellies

Offline davef

« Reply #351 on: March 21, 2017, 03:38:52 PM »
I can remember it hppening to me on a few occasions. It always felt like it was just a ploy to make me spend as it usually happened when I had credits but hadn't bought any players for a while.

There were only two options (well three if you consider a lucky one). 1: If you are not challenging at the top, put your best GKing outfielder in goal and take a beating; 2: Put the keeper you can most afford to lose in the team and bid on a new keeper who will take his place for that night's game. Might as well go for a decent one if one is available but otherwise just write off the minimum spend on a cheapie and correct it with a later buy or 3: Which only happened once and that was that I was against a team at the bottom which was just letting the team run with consistent tactics and ATs so I put the outfielder with the best GK stats in goal and with all the tactics in my favour managed to win fairly comfortably. 

I'd say most old-hands know the routine but it might help any newer managers to cope with with one of the more annoying aspects of the game which tends now to apply more to both right or left-sided Defs or MFs being out and no all-rounder to cover (or having an all-rounder but having him injured/suspended as well). It does so often seem arbitrary and is definitely one of the most irritating aspects of the game because, if it happens at the wrong time it can ruin a season in one day.

The only other option would be to have three keepers --- But does anybody do that?

Offline stevenm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #352 on: July 11, 2017, 08:42:54 PM »
Interested to find out has there been an emphasis on attracting new and old players to the game. In the past 10 days I have noticed new team names on the who's online page and within a day they have membered up and started buying their players.

Long may it continue if there has.
Didier Drogba Fan Club - Every Drog has his day

Offline Contrast

« Reply #353 on: July 11, 2017, 08:47:39 PM »
Interested to find out has there been an emphasis on attracting new and old players to the game. In the past 10 days I have noticed new team names on the who's online page and within a day they have membered up and started buying their players.

Long may it continue if there has.

Noticed the transfer market has swelled within a week! Players costing less than 1,500cr are going for 5,000+ now. Could be on the brink of a second SL Dawn.
Parma Violets

Offline stevenm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #354 on: July 11, 2017, 08:54:56 PM »
Here's hoping

Obviously it looks like short on numbers for FL62 so messaged 4 of these guys about joining but sadly didn't even get a response. As you know Rich there's only so many times you can beat a cpu side 13-0.
Didier Drogba Fan Club - Every Drog has his day

Offline cha4zz

« Reply #355 on: July 12, 2017, 10:52:10 PM »
Can anyone explain this match report to me? Confused me no end ???http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/match.pl?fixtureid=8678390
The Seg

Offline stupac

« Reply #356 on: July 12, 2017, 11:25:59 PM »
I've had plenty like this. Not saying the early subs thing is giving an advantage against those who didn't use it, but it only seems to happen when that's the case. The match engine is awful these days. Unless there is a huge gap in team stats, which for most teams on the game there isn't, conceding while having the TA is not on.
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #357 on: July 13, 2017, 03:41:22 PM »
STOP PUTTING ME OUT OF GOLD CUPS IN THE FIRST ROUND JON!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Your uppance will come in 1-1-1  ;)
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline Jt21

« Reply #358 on: July 13, 2017, 04:22:21 PM »
😂😂 sorry Dave!! Makes up for not winning 1-1-1 last year despite being unbeaten!

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #359 on: July 13, 2017, 06:14:18 PM »
It was a helluva run... But just not enough in the end ;)

Noticed we play the last game of the cycle, should build suspense lol
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United