https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: SundayLeague World  (Read 129386 times)

Offline bigdealdave

Re: SundayLeague World
« Reply #375 on: August 03, 2017, 12:29:00 PM »
my Flashhearts had a similar problem at the beginning of the season, both my Anyside DEF and my L DEF were out long-term (thanks Rich  ;) ) and i had to make do with playing a C DEF in the left position for nearly a week, during that time i managed to surprise myself and win a few important games so i think 1 player slightly out of position would be the better option mate...
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #376 on: August 03, 2017, 12:29:58 PM »
im still rooting for Jon tonight tho lol
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline cha4zz

« Reply #377 on: August 03, 2017, 01:06:02 PM »
Cheers Dave. Nothing to worry about, they'll all be fit for Monday's game between us anyway ;)
The Seg

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #378 on: August 05, 2017, 12:34:09 PM »
Hey folks, im thinking of starting a weekly poll, HOPEFULLY on this thread just to peak peoples interests, i have a question though, more geared towards the forum and how it works...

Q. Because i created this thread its only myself that can add a poll, HOWEVER, say i want to make a different poll next week can i replace the existing one or what exactly happens?

Any insight from the heavyweight users of the forum would be appreciated, thanks guys  :)
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline Wizard

« Reply #379 on: August 05, 2017, 11:22:25 PM »
Hello everyone,

Some of you might remember me from back in the day of Piggy and Talksport. My username used to be Footballwizard and I had two teams: The Wizards (Talksport) and Menagerie (Piggy). It's brilliant to see so many familiar people still here!  I decided to rejoin a couple of weeks back, just to see what's what. Maybe it's the nostalgia, but I have fallen in love with the game all over again! It has taken a while to refamilirise myself with tactics, training, team management etc., and I think I'm almost ready to start building up a team again.

I just wanted to ask a few questions before I commit. Is the game competitive? Obviously, it isn't like it was back in the day when there were 100s online at the same time... but is it worth spending out on? And as far as we know, are Catgames making any effort to advertise the game? If so, are new players being directed towards Sundayleague V2? I never quite got along with the new version, although admittedly I never really gave it a chance as I was so used to things on here. I haven't joined up but I'm guessing it isn't as popular as this version.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I look forward to hopefully playing you all very soon!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 11:24:47 PM by Wizard »
Menagerie
7-1-1

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #380 on: August 05, 2017, 11:51:01 PM »
Hi Wizard.

I was one of many thousands who played the game in the past.  I played on servers like Man Utd and Arsenal which I think were easy compared to Talksport and Piggy.  So I'm definitely not aristocracy of the game like many on here but i share your nostalgia. I think there are about a hundred who do and in answer to your questions:

Yes,  this is really competitive
Yes, it worth spending money on.  Its great fun and a challenge
No, catgames do not promote it.  I'm not sure that catgames is anything more than a shell company producing a very modest income for the widow of the brilliant man who founded this
But the game lives on, it works , and we get fun out of it.  Join us, support the game and see if you can get to the top . There are a lot of friendly people and its great fun. I admire a lot of the guys here...even conference 7... you will enjoy it, I'm sure .
i think conference 4 is the best on to join    :P
DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI

Offline stevenm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #381 on: August 06, 2017, 07:12:17 AM »
Welcome back Kenny

Hopefully you will be as successful as you were the 1st time. All the very best to you 2nd time around.
Didier Drogba Fan Club - Every Drog has his day

Offline superj

« Reply #382 on: August 06, 2017, 09:21:05 AM »
I might be wrong but wasn't you Globus? I definitely remember the Wizards.

Yeh the game is still pretty competitive and cat games is going through a takeover at the moment with junior planning on taking the game over completely himself, he has told me he will be making some changes, just not what they are as of yet.
Brazilian Piggys

Offline Wizard

« Reply #383 on: August 06, 2017, 10:50:02 AM »
Excellent - thanks everyone! It is reassuring to know that people are still battling it out for cups and league positions. Back in the day, I remember that the best that I ever did was come runner-up for the Elite Cup (I still have my dark green SL tshirt), and I won a bunch of smaller cups. I always wanted a Champions Shield and a SL World Cup picture on my team history page, but the game was ridiculously competitive back then. Flamur (Kf Prishtina-Live) and his family were my most feared managers ("Oh ****!!!" I would say, whenever I was drawn against Flamur, ha), although I beat them a few times in cups. I see the Borg is still here, too - I can't remember if I ever beat him. I think I will venture back to Conference 7, which is where I was for many years with Menagerie.

SuperJ, I was never Globus, although I remember that a team called the Wizards came about whilst I had Menagerie. Pretty successful manager I think!

Ha, I just reminded myself of how I used to stay up until 2:30/45am (or I would set an alarm) ... checking and making sure that my opponent didn't log in to change their tactics before an important game. How I used to frantically panic whenever I spotted that they had logged in and completed their tactics, and then I would obsess over advanced tactics for ages. Sometimes I got it right... sometimes not. Ahhh, good times. I don't think I would do that now - I need my sleep too much!

How is SL2 doing these days? Are there more players on this version? I would guess that new players would sign up with SL2, especially if they are visiting the site for the first time.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:01:30 AM by Wizard »
Menagerie
7-1-1

Offline stupac

« Reply #384 on: August 06, 2017, 03:11:28 PM »
Welcome back mate I remember you and Menagerie from the Piggy days! Good times. Feels so long ago now though.. :(

The game is still really competitive, but obviousy with fewer players these days. Over the past year or two there has been a lot of returning managers like myself, but there doesn't seem to be many, if any, new players joining the game which is a shame.

I remember when flamur and the kosovo teams dominated Piggy lol man that takes me back. Flamur is still around but doesn't seem to be as competitive these days.

Good luck with the new team!
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline Wizard

« Reply #385 on: August 06, 2017, 04:36:26 PM »
Welcome back mate I remember you and Menagerie from the Piggy days! Good times. Feels so long ago now though.. :(

The game is still really competitive, but obviousy with fewer players these days. Over the past year or two there has been a lot of returning managers like myself, but there doesn't seem to be many, if any, new players joining the game which is a shame.

I remember when flamur and the kosovo teams dominated Piggy lol man that takes me back. Flamur is still around but doesn't seem to be as competitive these days.

Good luck with the new team!

Ahhh yes I remember you! I am sure that you joined not too long before I resigned. We had a few great chats about the game, tactics, football in general. Chuffed that you are still here mate. Looking forward to seeing who else is creeping around in the woodworks.

You've all sealed the deal for me. Will commence team building towards the end of this season! Looking forward to it.
Menagerie
7-1-1

Offline Baggio

« Reply #386 on: August 06, 2017, 04:49:36 PM »
Welcome back Wizard, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with how competitive the server is!

Good luck with the team build  8)
SL Hibernian

Offline cha4zz

« Reply #387 on: August 07, 2017, 12:56:56 PM »
I remember playing against Menagerie a few times back on Piggy. I don't even remember what my team would have been called, Luton/Dunstable Old Boys was probably the name that I was known as.

The game is going well at the moment, still lots of interest (albeit from returning managers) but its still really competitive. I've been back a year now and still enjoying it.
The Seg

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #388 on: August 07, 2017, 03:38:28 PM »
Poll has been updated

Winter Milan or Aston Villains for the ICC title?
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #389 on: August 09, 2017, 11:34:54 AM »
Anyone else been waiting ages to get some monster midfielders in there squad?

For the last 3 weeks I've need 2 Centre Midfielders to complete my 2nd team, Believeable Tekkers, I've managed to get one, but in the last 3 weeks I've only had the opportunity to bid on 4 players, all max bids too, but I get the game is usually random if more than 1 manager does the max bid... :o

I just wish there was more chances to get players like these, as strikers has on average like 4 or 5 great players a day on there.
South Shields