https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: SundayLeague World  (Read 129367 times)

Offline Baggio

Re: SundayLeague World
« Reply #480 on: October 12, 2017, 05:08:17 PM »
For me 2-5-3 is the best all around formation. Can play longball, passing and continental no problem. Seem to concede very little goals as well and do well against all formations. I also think it's a bonus only using 2 defenders in the first 11 as really good defenders are hard to come by whereas good midfielders and strikers aren't too difficult to get.

At one point this season I had only lost 5 matches in over 95 played which isn't too shabby at all.

That was with my second team btw and most players are only at half strength at the moment with quite a few newer players as well

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 05:15:12 PM by delboy555 »
SL Hibernian

Offline Baggio

« Reply #481 on: October 12, 2017, 05:45:58 PM »
I should also mention that it was the tough matches against Bill's Realale that gave me the idea to try 2-5-3 with my second team. When I rebuild the Farts I'll be changing to 2-5-3 also 8)
SL Hibernian

Offline deca

« Reply #482 on: October 12, 2017, 06:10:29 PM »
I might try 2-5-3 next season  :) :) :)
Manager of Aston Villains & Cubana Villains

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #483 on: October 12, 2017, 06:45:03 PM »
I thought Longball was a no no with five in midfield. Unless that's only with 451. With 253 it may be different with three forwards. How do two defenders cope with three forwards? ;) 8)

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #484 on: October 12, 2017, 07:15:10 PM »
I used to live by the 4-5-1 Passing then 5-2-3 Longball Rule.
Since I have been back and building my team I have tried a few and to be honest found 2-5-3 the best allround one like delboy says.

My 2 biggest league wins this season..
2-0 against both Deca and DVG were both when playing 2-5-3...

I will be sticking with it for this season and see how I go.
Ocean City Orioles - C1
Arsenals Invincibles  - C4
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #485 on: October 12, 2017, 07:19:46 PM »
I think that's they key question.  My instinct is that 253 does well in both passing and long ball mode because of the 5 midfielders for passing ( or use wings)  and the 3 forwards for long ball.  You might expect the 2 defenders to struggle against a 523 long ball but so many teams play 451 use wings in long ball games that it isn't often tested and may get away with it.

When you combine this with the advantages of not having to switch formations  ( on morale and fitness as mentioned and the time taken to plan)   the I can see it may be the way to go.

DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI

Offline agadorspartacus

« Reply #486 on: October 12, 2017, 07:43:59 PM »
What's the rating's on 361? Not a Longball formation?

Offline cha4zz

« Reply #487 on: October 12, 2017, 10:10:46 PM »
I think that's they key question.  My instinct is that 253 does well in both passing and long ball mode because of the 5 midfielders for passing ( or use wings)  and the 3 forwards for long ball.  You might expect the 2 defenders to struggle against a 523 long ball but so many teams play 451 use wings in long ball games that it isn't often tested and may get away with it.

When you combine this with the advantages of not having to switch formations  ( on morale and fitness as mentioned and the time taken to plan)   the I can see it may be the way to go.

I wonder how the 253 get on against The Borg and his 523/424 formations? I'd imagine he would dominate most of those but I can't say I've noticed?
The Seg

Offline Wizard

« Reply #488 on: October 12, 2017, 10:51:47 PM »
Many thanks for the replies, guys. Very interesting to discuss and hear your viewpoints RE: formations. I seem to remember it being a hot topic back in the days of Piggy, too. I think I'm going to experiment with 2-5-3 for a while and see how I get on. It would be good for others to trial and error different formations as well and report any findings or patterns. I'm enjoying and liking that the game still isn't quite so straightforward - even after all these years!
Menagerie
7-1-1

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #489 on: October 13, 2017, 12:26:33 AM »
4-5-1 beats 3-5-2 just look at my game with rich today for proof

Offline Contrast

« Reply #490 on: October 13, 2017, 07:50:04 AM »
Since changing to 2-5-3 my form has been incredible, and has allowed me to stay competitive against the best teams.

Even being in Canada the last week and not setting tactics it's still given me results due its flexibility in all situations.
Parma Violets

Offline Wizard

« Reply #491 on: October 13, 2017, 10:47:08 AM »
Bloody hell, me again - the one with all the questions. Thank goodness for this thread.

(By the way, I plan to give 2-5-3 a go this season... hopefully it will make me somewhat more competitive - will let you know. Thanks for the replies!)

I mistakenly accepted 6 friendlies without adding training in, thus losing out on 6 afternoon training sessions. I don't really know what happened. I ticked 6 of the normal friendly offers, clicked "Accept all challenges" and then it came up asking me if I wanted to spend 1400 on 6 friendlies. Straight away, I clicked no (oops) as I was confused as to why it was charging me 1400 for 6, and then it said that I had accepted the friendlies without additional training. Damn - training has already suffered a setback and it's barely even Day 1. Why didn't I click the back button!

Is there any way to add training to friendlies that was previously declined?! (Or even cancel the accepted friendlies?) I want those 6 afternoon training sessions! :(

Cheers again in advance.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:51:42 AM by Wizard »
Menagerie
7-1-1

Offline stevenm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #492 on: October 13, 2017, 10:56:00 AM »
I think you can cancel them after 3pm today mate
Didier Drogba Fan Club - Every Drog has his day

Offline Wizard

« Reply #493 on: October 13, 2017, 05:33:18 PM »
I think you can cancel them after 3pm today mate

Many thanks Steve for replying! Just wondered where i can cancel the friendlies? I can't seem to find any place to cancel them. They're officially in my fixtures list now, hmmm. Cheers again!
Menagerie
7-1-1

Offline stevenm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #494 on: October 13, 2017, 06:23:15 PM »
Looks like your stuck with it mate. Make sure you enter somesome gold cups for extra training when they become available
Didier Drogba Fan Club - Every Drog has his day