https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: SundayLeague World  (Read 129394 times)

Offline Baggio

Re: SundayLeague World
« Reply #390 on: August 09, 2017, 12:12:33 PM »
Understand your frustration, I'm not looking at the moment but definitely had the same issues. Although it was mostly good defenders I struggled getting. It seems to be up and down though. Sometimes you wait weeks for a player then all of a sudden 3 or 4 come at once. Fortunately everyone's in the same boat and counting on getting lucky.

It would be good if the market got bigger as more managers joined to compensate for the extra bids.
SL Hibernian

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #391 on: August 09, 2017, 12:27:11 PM »
i have to agree that there hasn't been a lot of great quality Defenders or Midfielders for quite a while now.

It would be nice if a few more were available because the games getting a bit more competitive!
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline Marv999

« Reply #392 on: August 09, 2017, 02:12:08 PM »
Not that I'm hiding anything but that's literally the only reason I moved to using attacking players. I know I'm risking using players out of position every now and then when there is injuries/awols or bans in my team but every normal player these days, especially defenders and midfielders goes for pretty much 10k, and even then it's no guarantee as there's normally between 5/10 bids on them.

The majority of my Fullerians attacking players currently cost 500 credits. There's maybe 1 or 2 that cost between 1200 and 1800 .

But most other players are at least 3000 with some even 10k.

You have to wait a while before decent attacking players appear but can normally grab them for well below 3k. A much more sustainable way of playing!  8)
Old Fullerians AFC (Main team) + Newcastle Legends (experimental)

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #393 on: August 09, 2017, 02:46:29 PM »
I have noticed that Marv.

My 3rd team "Mariners Park" is built on the 4-5-1 att formation.

I got an AMID and ADEF both 15 years old for 500 credits.

Believeable Tekkers isn't built like that though, I'm considering just getting a cheap young guy who will develop into a key player over the next few seasons as I have a 31 year old MID (C) who will only last 6 seasons.
South Shields

Offline Marv999

« Reply #394 on: August 09, 2017, 03:12:17 PM »
I've just started a new thread regarding squad and player value.. give it a read and see what you think and feel free to contribute  8)

Offline Marv999

« Reply #395 on: August 09, 2017, 03:44:13 PM »

Believeable Tekkers isn't built like that though, I'm considering just getting a cheap young guy who will develop into a key player over the next few seasons as I have a 31 year old MID (C) who will only last 6 seasons.
I think I'll make a second team soon. Looking to trial the 253 formation and create a squad to try it. Also keen to build it at just 500 credits per player  8)

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #396 on: August 10, 2017, 10:33:56 AM »
Poll has been updated...

Looks like the Elite Cup is a Tug of War between 2 conferences this season. 2 and 5. So far with conference 5 underperforming in the UCB Wildcard competition and Conference 2 doing so well in it, this could make for very interesting semi-finals!

Previous polls results were Winter Milan being favourite to win the ICC with 55.6% of the votes. Good luck to both Davy and Deca in the upcoming final.
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #397 on: August 10, 2017, 10:48:20 AM »

I think I'll make a second team soon. Looking to trial the 253 formation and create a squad to try it. Also keen to build it at just 500 credits per player  8)

Ohhh  :o Which conference are you eyeing up to try all this out?
South Shields

Offline cha4zz

« Reply #398 on: August 10, 2017, 02:39:48 PM »
Poll has been updated...

Looks like the Elite Cup is a Tug of War between 2 conferences this season. 2 and 5. So far with conference 5 underperforming in the UCB Wildcard competition and Conference 2 doing so well in it, this could make for very interesting semi-finals!

Previous polls results were Winter Milan being favourite to win the ICC with 55.6% of the votes. Good luck to both Davy and Deca in the upcoming final.

I'm flattered that I've got a couple of votes. Think Marv will nick it though over me or Borg in the final.
The Seg

Offline Marv999

« Reply #399 on: August 10, 2017, 05:57:50 PM »
I hope win it.. It's the only one out of the 3 majors I haven't won since my return.. And seeing as my fl1 season has taken a massive nosedive (3 losses on the bounce  :'( ) that and the 211 title is all I have to play for.. maybe the champions league and champion of champions would be nice too  ;D

Offline Marv999

« Reply #400 on: August 10, 2017, 06:14:49 PM »
Ohhh  :o Which conference are you eyeing up to try all this out?
I'm not sure yet.. I'm not sure I'll put them in a x-1-1 straight away as I want them really just to be winning divisions every season for 1500 credits as they would be a self maintained team. But after 5 or 6 seasons I'll pop them up into a main division..  probably one of the easier conferences if there is such a thing, and try to compete for a title with a team that only costs 10k and 500 a player!  8)

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #401 on: August 11, 2017, 04:23:45 PM »
Poll updated..

With 40% of the votes The Borg is the MARGINAL managers favourite to take this seasons Elite cup.

Next up a hotly debated subject...

In the next SL Doubles tournament, should the pairings be random or should managers be able to choose their own partner?
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #402 on: August 11, 2017, 04:27:18 PM »
I believe how we continue with doubles should hinge on the results of this poll but thats just my opinion.
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline cha4zz

« Reply #403 on: August 11, 2017, 04:34:35 PM »
I think it should be random. More than happy to incorporate this by using the rating system (eg Flashhearts at 787 are paired with Believable Tekkers at 699 etc) or to use something where teams are paired randomly (still think this should be seeded somehow).

Open to others though.
The Seg

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #404 on: August 11, 2017, 05:10:27 PM »
Had a shock draw today;

http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/match.pl?fixtureid=8746724

I get that we were both playing 5-2-3 and I went down to 10 men. But I didn't go down to 10 men until the 76th minute.

I had the tactical advantage for the whole game, and beat this team 3-1 in the reverse fixture, with tactical advantage for the whole game again.  ::)

I wasn't going to get any credits out of this tournament anyway, but I feel like my tactical advantage should have given me the win.

South Shields