https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: SundayLeague World  (Read 129361 times)

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
Re: SundayLeague World
« Reply #555 on: January 27, 2018, 09:49:12 AM »
Guys, what are your opinions on the 3-5-2 formation? I've noticed that it is rarely used these days. I have given 2-5-3 a go the last 2 seasons and I think it served me quite well. But I think I'm ready to step things up a notch and try a new one. 4-5-1 seems to be the default formation of choice these days, but I have two quality strikers (R) and (L) that I feel would be a huge waste not to utilise. And my defence aren't the strongest bunch (yet). My 5 default midfielders are my babies! Confused about how to proceed with things. Formation choices have always stumped me.

It used to be a popular choice back in the day, but I'm guessing it has become less popular choice because it wasn't as effective as they thought?

4-5-1 and 5-2-3 seems to be the strongest formations. i say that due to the high usage. the last 10 - 15 seasons i have been using 2-5-3 with both of my teams. i have done almost all the formations in my time and personally i like this one the best. Though i have to say it struggles against 5-2-3 formation. i always seemed to be beat by the odd against the borg so changed to 4-3-3 against him which seemed to work a few times.

I think i was the only team using 2-5-3 for a good while but a few have been using it the last year or so. For this reason i have decided to change my Northern Lights teams set up to 3-4-1-2 to see how it goes for a while. Used it with Realale a long time ago and had some success. Just trying to suss out the best styles to use for conditions etc. had some sketchy results the last month so the jury is still out.

Don't like 3-5-2 seems to be very weak for some reason. i am sure there are managers out there who will disagree  ;)

The insane transfer market has also moved me in the direction of attacking players for the time being  :-X

Offline superj

« Reply #556 on: January 28, 2018, 10:15:27 AM »
Did anyone else have problems getting on late last night to the site? I couldn't get on to sort my team and have only just been able to get on the forums just now!
Brazilian Piggys

Offline superj

« Reply #557 on: January 28, 2018, 10:22:12 AM »
And to top it off, just got onto site now, lost my game, and even worse a few thousand of my credits have just vanished! Didn't buy any players or anything, I've never seen that before!
Brazilian Piggys

Offline Baggio

« Reply #558 on: January 28, 2018, 10:37:37 AM »
Got on okay last night and seen quite a few other managers on as well but did have problems getting on the main site and the forum this morning until I refreshed the pages. Which seems to be a recurring theme with the new server   :(
SL Hibernian

Offline superj

« Reply #559 on: January 28, 2018, 10:56:02 AM »
I couldn't get on either from around 1:30am-10:30am, and I've worked out that I've somehow lost 3-4K of credits, don't know where they've gone! Never happened to me before
Brazilian Piggys

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #560 on: January 28, 2018, 12:09:27 PM »
I haven't been able to get on all day until now. Said the server was down. For those who log on early in the morning to set up there no way they would have been able to do there tactics for last nights or this afternoons games!

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:29:45 PM by touchnplay »

Offline superj

« Reply #561 on: January 28, 2018, 12:50:28 PM »
I haven't been able to get on all day until now. Said the server was down. For those who log on early in the morning to set up there no way they would have been able to do there tactics for last nights or this afternoons games!

Exactly, it kind of shafted me last night as I couldn't get on, I'm all for updating the game but if it keeps giving us problems like this again it's not worth it. Junior needs to get his priorities straight and make the game stable before anything
Brazilian Piggys

Offline Nijinsky

« Reply #562 on: January 28, 2018, 01:11:59 PM »
You know back in the day there was an unwritten rule that you didn't use psycho in league games.
I still play by that rule and it has cost me injuries in the past.
I noticed an upsurge against me a few seasons ago mainly due to me challenging for honours usually by second teams of players I was challenging with.
I now see managers with two or three teams and can see it becoming an issue again.
Be careful out there.
Only the one and only Hoarses

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #563 on: January 28, 2018, 01:13:19 PM »
I’ve updated the latest news screen.

Games will play as normal. Downtime was about two hours between 9am and 11am. Junior said he doesn’t think the games need halting.

Make sure you set up.

We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline superj

« Reply #564 on: January 28, 2018, 02:04:39 PM »
Downtime was a lot longer than 9am-11am

I couldn't get on around 1:30am last night
Tried again at 7:40 this morning, still down

Managed to get back on around 10:30am

The game shouldn't be going down at all!
Brazilian Piggys

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #565 on: January 28, 2018, 02:32:59 PM »
Don't shoot the messenger. I recommended a pause due to the game being down. IMO if you can't access the game for X amount of time due to a server/ game issue in fairness the game should be paused.
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline Wizard

« Reply #566 on: January 30, 2018, 09:50:09 PM »
What's the deal with gelling at the moment? I had 4 games this afternoon, which means that my starting 11 should all be up to 70/80 gelling (they were all 40 before the afternoon games). They're all on 50, thereby scuppering the small chance that I may have had in my league game tonight. Same thing happened yesterday. What's that all about?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 09:53:00 PM by Wizard »
Menagerie
7-1-1

Offline Baggio

« Reply #567 on: January 30, 2018, 09:53:13 PM »
Seen quite a few with the same problem Wizard. Must be some sort of bug or technical issue
SL Hibernian

Offline Wizard

« Reply #568 on: January 30, 2018, 09:57:33 PM »
Very annoying! My opponent tonight, his players seem to have increased normally in gelling. Some others, too, that I have seen. I don't understand why mine hasn't. Sort out the bugs please dev team! Hardly a fair playing field now. One of the reasons why I pay for afternoon games is for top-notch gelling to compete in league matches with!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:01:23 PM by Wizard »
Menagerie
7-1-1

Offline Baggio

« Reply #569 on: January 30, 2018, 10:37:24 PM »
Tbh mate I wouldn't worry too much about gelling, in my experience it doesn't make as big of a difference as you would think. I had a break last season so started with literally zero gelling and got on a lot better than I expected. Stats and AT's are a lot more important imo

It could definitely do with being fixed though, with you on that one.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:39:06 PM by delboy555 »
SL Hibernian