https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: SundayLeague World  (Read 129346 times)

Offline Wizard

Re: SundayLeague World
« Reply #570 on: January 30, 2018, 10:59:46 PM »
Cheers for the replies, Delboy. Appreciate your input. I hope you are right!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 11:28:26 PM by Wizard »
Menagerie
7-1-1

Offline Baggio

« Reply #571 on: January 30, 2018, 11:27:34 PM »
No worries mate, and so do I! lol 8)
SL Hibernian

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #572 on: January 31, 2018, 08:34:15 AM »
Its interesting what Del says about Gelling not making as big a difference as you would think.  I haven't measured it any methodical way but I've always got the impression, when looking at my own performances that when they have underperformed and lost matches that i couldn't explain by tactical advantage ( its never usually stats with me cos the stats are amongst the best),  that the  gelling was lower than i would like.  Interesting that we have different thoughts on this ..and so presumably differences in the way we manage our teams as a result....just like real football.  :)
DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #573 on: January 31, 2018, 08:38:32 AM »
I've also been wondering whether its the gelling at the start of the game or the gelling during the game that matters.  You would hope its the second but sometimes I wonder if the match engine just looks at the overall gelling at the start of the game and applies a factor based on that rather than do a player by player adjustment each minute of the game.  Im not saying which it is , just that I wonder about it a lot because of the way most of use early subs.   :o
DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #574 on: January 31, 2018, 09:40:36 AM »
I’ve never thought Gelling had a big impact on the overall result.

I agree with Del, he did go on to win a league title with no pre-season games last season, just as I don’t believe in the KO/15 3 sub thing, has any difference either.

The reason being I’ve won trophies without doing the 3 sub thing...if it was as strong as everyone says I wouldn’t be getting near a trophy.

Back to the point on gelling though I feel it works as a catch 22 situation...you can Gell your team in the afternoon games by having loads of games, but you lose fitness if you don’t have your team on “nice rest” which if you have multiple teams can be a bit annoying to do on a daily basis. I have the odd unexplainable result where I lose, but I also win games I shouldn’t and it’s not always down to team strength either, my team isn’t usually ever maxed out of gelling either
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:46:14 AM by shellyboy100 »
South Shields

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #575 on: February 01, 2018, 11:59:16 PM »
Hi guys would any one be able to sit me me tomorrow? It would be really appreciated

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #576 on: February 02, 2018, 11:05:37 AM »
Do you mean sit your team Joe?

I would but honestly im so busy recently im having a hard time setting up for just my teams, thats why the Crazy Cups have taken a back seat  :-\
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline cha4zz

« Reply #577 on: February 02, 2018, 01:54:10 PM »
Do you mean sit your team Joe?

I would but honestly im so busy recently im having a hard time setting up for just my teams, thats why the Crazy Cups have taken a back seat  :-\

Ditto, I'm having to manage my team in 2 installments just to be able to manage all of my daytime games. Sorry Joe.
The Seg

Offline Ryanparker9

« Reply #578 on: February 02, 2018, 02:30:34 PM »
I'd be happy to help bud
King Kenny's Army and Green Bay Parkers

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #579 on: February 05, 2018, 10:05:05 PM »
im just gunna come out and ask this but would anyone (or even split amongst a few managers) be able to look after my 3 teams this weekend Friday - Sunday?

Got a stag party in Newcastle and i dont like my odds of setting up because since the servers moved SL doesnt work on my mobile :(

If nobody can im sure ill make do somehow but it would be really appreciated.
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline stevenm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #580 on: February 05, 2018, 10:32:24 PM »
Dave I can do Flashhearts and Schwifty if needed.
Didier Drogba Fan Club - Every Drog has his day

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #581 on: February 06, 2018, 09:31:50 AM »
That would be great Steve! Id really appreciate that  :D

Have some good karma on me lol
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline Baggio

« Reply #582 on: February 06, 2018, 09:45:53 AM »
I can do Madbastids if you still need someone Dave
SL Hibernian

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #583 on: February 06, 2018, 10:05:02 AM »
You people are legends, thanks Delboy, i owe you both big time  :D

Ill message passwords Thursday night if thats cool, ill set up my tactics etc for Flashhearts which will help Steve out a fair bit but unfortunately cant do anything in advance for Madbastids or Schwifty as it doesnt let me  :-[
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline davef

« Reply #584 on: February 07, 2018, 03:03:16 AM »
Re: Gelling.

A good way of judging might be how well teams in X-1-2 do in cup games (usually/especially if they have won X-1-3 the previous season)? It's often a case that they have little opposition so take few risks with aggression and rotations and can pick unchanged teams/squads week after week. My guess/observations would be that, in recent times, teams with relatively poor stats but good continuous gelling have done better than the team stats would have indicated they could. Only a hunch because I haven't gone into it in any depth --- so if there's anyone feeling bored? --- ;-)