https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: How far has the game fallen..........  (Read 5182 times)

Offline Angele

How far has the game fallen..........
« on: November 11, 2016, 02:51:13 AM »
I won (which is good for me .....and probably for SL) but as for the rest of it ????? 

http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/match.pl?fixtureid=8331491

Offline Baggio

Re: How far has the game fallen..........
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 07:40:18 AM »
I don't get it Angele?

You think you shouldn't have won?
SL Hibernian

Offline superj

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 08:16:13 AM »
It was because I made the mistake of playing nutter and then psycho with pieman as ref, I think I would have won if I didn't make that mistake
Brazilian Piggys

Offline Angele

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 10:29:19 AM »
I don't get it Angele?

You think you shouldn't have won?

Oh the win was justified and deserved. But it was a Champions' Shield semi-final and at that level there should be some higher degree of team management and tactical know-how based on experience and not on loopholes in the way the match engine now does things.

Piggies had already knocked out Borg and Mmmmrs using the loophole and it was only through examining those two games (and what I read on here that I avoided the same fate).

And no, Piggies not switching aggression levels would not have helped them. My team had better stats, my squad had better stats and I matched formations and ATs (including the loophole) so the only hope Piggies had was to try and injure enough of my players to change things. Had I been challenging for the C8 title their tactics could have done real damage to my hopes as well as to my squad.

Also by achieving what I would consider an unwarranted and unearned level of success given the effort put in, Piggies has set an example that could/will change the way SL is played as more managers work things out, ATs become mostly irrelevant and excessive aggression is used as a way of countering by teams with lower stats. Unless CG changes things. And that seems unlikely?

Some will say winning is winning and all that matters. Fine, but the current loophole-explotation (which everyone will have to use?) will, in my opinion, make playing the game a bit pointless.

Lynne
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:15:28 PM by Angele »

Offline superj

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 10:39:36 AM »
The aggression levels was an honest mistake I didn't mean to play nutter/psycho, teams have been doing the 15 mins subs since my last stint on here almost 2 years ago (in which I got to the champs shield final In my first season)

I look forward to playing you soon in 8-1-1 angele  ;)
Brazilian Piggys

Offline Angele

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 01:12:09 PM »
The aggression levels was an honest mistake I didn't mean to play nutter/psycho, teams have been doing the 15 mins subs since my last stint on here almost 2 years ago (in which I got to the champs shield final In my first season)

The 15 minutes sub thing just takes out any skill using subs and really just takes it mostly down to how strong each player's squad is. If a player is happy to build a squad and then ignore it for 6 or 7 seasons while it trains up then they'll have a spell of success. Then what? Ditch that team and build another one from scratch?

If things stay the way they are I might have quit or, by the time you reach 8-1-1, have decided to drop right down to build a new squad that I can leave to evolve with minimal effort and/or commitment. Your current squad might well be past its best by the time I get back to 8-1-1 so revenge might not be an option for you by then ;-)

Each to their own but I really am not sure I want to be bothering with SL in this new form. Since you knocked my hubby out of the CS, I could retire frrom active play and spend SL time just regularly advising him about where he might be going wrong. He'd really love that :-)

Lynne.

Offline cha4zz

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 10:08:13 PM »

The 15 minutes sub thing just takes out any skill using subs and really just takes it mostly down to how strong each player's squad is. If a player is happy to build a squad and then ignore it for 6 or 7 seasons while it trains up then they'll have a spell of success. Then what? Ditch that team and build another one from scratch?

If things stay the way they are I might have quit or, by the time you reach 8-1-1, have decided to drop right down to build a new squad that I can leave to evolve with minimal effort and/or commitment. Your current squad might well be past its best by the time I get back to 8-1-1 so revenge might not be an option for you by then ;-)

Each to their own but I really am not sure I want to be bothering with SL in this new form. Since you knocked my hubby out of the CS, I could retire frrom active play and spend SL time just regularly advising him about where he might be going wrong. He'd really love that :-)

Lynne.

I do get what you mean with the game being flawed in its current format. But the game has always had flaws, 523 and 451 being the only real formations since the inception of SL1 being just one of those.

The view that you have to have a team full of SWC 5+ isn't one that I share though. I've been struggling through most games with my team of SWC1 but I still think if you buy wisely you never have to fully drop down divisions and rebuild. Mix teams, initially buy a team full of players that will begin to decrease somewhere between 6 and 10 seasons. You'll start replacing players at different times, meaning your team is never in full rebuild mode.

Just my 2p worth.
The Seg

Offline Baggio

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 10:15:51 PM »
+1 ^^
SL Hibernian

Offline Jt21

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 06:44:29 AM »
Totally agree with that cha4zz obviously when first setting up you buy all your players together to try to be competitive but then as you go on replace as the seasons roll in that's why the top top sides like floriana and super imps never seem to dip

Offline Marv999

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 02:04:25 PM »
^^ agreed. There is 2 ways of looking at it. You can either buy all 20 players at roughly the same time and same age, as floriana has done, and you will have about 4-6 seasons of a very strong squad between seasons 5 and 11 in the players careers. The early days will be tougher, but not impossible to be competitive, if you know the game.

The second way is to spread the squads ages or buying pattern to spread over 4 or 5 seasons, replacing a handful of players as and when. This is what I'm doing as most other managers are. I think my squad shows that even though around 3/4 of my squad are under 3 seasons old I can still beat anyone on my day. You'll never have 20 full strength players at one time but you'll always have at least a starting 11 of strong players.

When it comes to replacing players, or certainly a bulk of them, some managers will drop down for a season or 2 while their squad gets to a decent level. Some managers won't. Personally I will never drop down, I'm here to win. And even if my squad is full of newer players I like being the underdog and pulling a result out of the bag.

Nothing is wrong with the game at the moment. Apart from credits updating apparently and how involved the owners are. As far as I remember it's always been about 523 and 451, and sometimes 541. And people have always used subs after the first 15 mins and sometimes 30 mins. I don't understand why some people moan about it. The game has played the same for 10+ years. These are the things that obviously have some sort of benefit of using. So if we all know it and know that it probably gives us an edge in a game, e.g. using 451 use wings in a longball game and subs after 15 mins, then use it!

Personally I'm not sure it even gives any advantage, but if the top managers are doing it, then I sure as hell am! I still firmly believe it's all about player stats. If you have decent stat players, you'll always stand a chance, subs or no subs. This is why I'll always buy the strongest players on the market. Fair play to all managers who spend little on the lesser players on the market and develop them, like stevenm does, and I think fc town of Luton does too. But the game is much harder that way, somewhat more challenging and rewarding maybe, but silver will be hard to come by.

It all comes down to this. Buy decent players, train them hard early, and play the game how we all know it plays .. use subs if it helps, use the stronger 2 formations. Do this and you'll be fine. 

Just my view  :o 8)
Old Fullerians AFC (Main team) + Newcastle Legends (experimental)