https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Conference Three  (Read 271548 times)

Offline Booker

Re: Conference Three
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2017, 07:58:02 AM »
Yeah I took over a team in the relegation zone last season.

I went down on last game of season.

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2017, 09:56:01 PM »
Hey Booker, been reading your posts on your battle against relegation last season since you rejoined (great read mate) in your opinion do you reckon you could have stayed up if you had a full season?

I've got a team in 3-2-1 and I'll go up through the playoffs to 3-1-4 next season which is where I will begin investing in a side but I'm thinking of moving straight to 3-1-2 and aiming for promotion straight away with a team of season 1's. This will mean that if i'm successful I will be in the top league with season 1/2 players but could risk getting relegated if there not ready, Would you say it's worth the risk ?

Cheers

Offline Booker

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2017, 08:04:05 AM »
Hi Touch, didn't you play felix back in the day?

I think I joined the top league about 10 games in with 0 points, I was also still building my team, so yeah I would've avoided relegation if I had a full season.

I would build your team up for a season then join the top league, what you got to lose? You might even pull off a few shock results mate.

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2017, 01:54:37 PM »
That's me mate the very same one. It's been a very long time but I got the urge to start playing again!

Thanks for the info, I'll probably make the move to 3-1-2 for the start of next season then!

Will be good getting back into playing again it's looking as competitive as ever with all the managers on one server so should be good fun.

Offline Booker

« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2017, 08:04:28 PM »
Good to see you back mate!

Offline davef

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2017, 03:07:15 PM »
Yeah I took over a team in the relegation zone last season.

I went down on last game of season.

'course you did --- I should have remembered that.

It could be tough again, even though your team (our teams) should be better than this season. Prem teams tend to hang around because they pick up points --- and that's a knack. It could be the classic "One place above the relegation zone will do nicely" ;-)

Offline davef

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2017, 03:12:12 PM »
Hi Touch, didn't you play felix back in the day?

I think I joined the top league about 10 games in with 0 points, I was also still building my team, so yeah I would've avoided relegation if I had a full season.

I would build your team up for a season then join the top league, what you got to lose? You might even pull off a few shock results mate.

It'd mean one less definite relegation team which would probably  be a good thing.  :)

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2017, 11:00:24 PM »
Big game in 3-2-1 tonight as Touchnplay take on the league leaders in his first game back against a human team ...

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2017, 12:54:22 AM »
Lol, i was gunna stay silent about it but its my 3rd team, youre playing Touchnplay. Just going through the motions voting for credits... my moneys on you mate
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2017, 11:50:15 AM »
Despite being completely outclassed tactically Touchnplay come away with a 3-1 win to reduce the gap at the top to a mere 15 points with 8 games remaining lol

Good game Dave having a decent striker is the only reason I won  :)

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2017, 12:04:04 PM »
Haha, im just glad you returned mid-season. Itll take another season to amass the credits i need for a full squad of 500s. Plus im buying young with this team so i dont envisage myself being very competitive until seasons 9 and 10... If ever lol
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2017, 05:31:52 PM »
Yeah I did think about going down the voting for credits route as well mate, may still have to if the only way you can pay is by paypal on this server.

Got myself a 16 year old cm who can play on either side for 500 last night by no means a world beater now but in 5 seasons he will be quite decent so it can be done

Offline lucylou

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2017, 01:27:32 PM »
Congratulations to Hoarse Whispers for taking over Conference Three this season. Absolutely well done!

Highest regards,

Lucy

Offline Nijinsky

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2017, 10:15:17 PM »
Cheers Lucy,
You kept me on my toes all season :)
Nice to see Dave back next year...
Only the one and only Hoarses

Offline lucylou

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2017, 12:18:34 AM »
I'm not sure about "nice" but having Dave back would be getting back to normal.   :D