https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Newbie League  (Read 6522 times)

Offline bigdealdave

Re: The Newbie League
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 07:37:35 PM »
Haha, i wouldnt say that, if i avoid the wooden spoon ill call it a success. Youre the first human team iv played with a full starting 11!

Its pretty cool to see how close the opening matches were tho. I tried running a competition like this when the madbastids were full of season 1s but i couldnt get it off the ground because you cant create a PL if you havent purchased credits with that team. Glad someone else took the initiative  :)
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 09:13:15 PM »
Great that we have people engaging I'll start doing match reports/predictions

Offline stevenm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 09:18:34 PM »
Great idea Joe, make sure you leave room for friendly league reports/predictions.
Didier Drogba Fan Club - Every Drog has his day

Offline Contrast

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 09:57:45 PM »
I've voted Touchnplay to win it outright. Did well in FL5 and had a good 'domestic' season.
Parma Violets

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2017, 03:25:00 PM »
not happy with that 34th minute red card, made the scoreline look like FC Schwifty were a bunch of novices! (not that they arent)

Homestead Garth look strong tho, should be an interesting competition

The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline Contrast

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2017, 03:26:15 PM »
My young team needs to do a lot of growing up. Will take a 2 goal defecit at this stage of our career though.

Well done Touchnplay.
Parma Violets

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 03:31:51 PM »
Unlucky mate was a good game, same amount of tactical advantage so bodes well for future match ups when your team grows!

Offline Contrast

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 03:58:12 PM »
Unlucky mate was a good game, same amount of tactical advantage so bodes well for future match ups when your team grows!

Yup. Under no illusions what my teams capabilities are at this stage. Doesn't help that every player is
On 0 gelling. Nothing a few fixtures and training sesh's cant sort out.
Parma Violets

Offline Contrast

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 09:15:02 PM »
Not as tight today. That small bit of extra class shown by one or two teams starting to shine through early.

Good to see everyone has picked up points early doors though. Looking at my fixtures, it's not about to get easier any time soon.

Parma Violets

Offline Contrast

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2017, 03:22:41 PM »
Can't hide my disappointment. Thought we might give teams a better game than we are. :(

Guess we have to keep plugging away.
Parma Violets

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2017, 03:38:32 PM »
oooohh... a wee draw between Schwifty and Touchnplay going into tonights crucial 3-1-3 game!

Both had the same amount of TA in the PL today so tonight will be fun!
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline Contrast

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2017, 04:20:29 PM »
Homestead Garth and OBL Utd continue their perfect starts, and really look like the dominant forces early on. Three wins each and no goals conceded! In the 3-1-3 Derby, it was honours even as Touchnplay and FC Schwifty play out a 1-1 draw.

Poachers prop up the table after match day three, with another hard match tomorrow Vs OBL United. A small gap already opening at the top - someone's going to have to take some points off the top two sharpish!

I'm leaving for a stag weekend tomorrow morning, so won't be able to update until Monday! I'll be setting up teams on the mobile between pubs, clubs and hangovers - so not expecting our form to improve anytime soon!!  :o

Parma Violets

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 04:56:12 PM »
oooohh... a wee draw between Schwifty and Touchnplay going into tonights crucial 3-1-3 game!

Both had the same amount of TA in the PL today so tonight will be fun!

Hmmm very interesting formation there Dave. I would have thought with longball having 2 at the back against my 3 would have played well in my favour. Also I can't believe I skied a penalty the shame!

Bring on tonight though should be a good game!

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2017, 06:21:32 PM »
A small gap already opening at the top - someone's going to have to take some points off the top two sharpish!

We will all need to try twice as hard against the top two. Need to take a few points off them very fast. There are only 14 games in this league, a five point lead with 11 games to go is a decent lead.
Rathpeacon

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2017, 06:23:33 PM »
Im just trying things out, decent defenders are few and far between and you cant pick any one really worth their salt at 500cr but strikers are a dime a dozen, hence the rarely used formation, id noticed a team using it with great success recently. This team will be using quite a few experimental tactics and this league is perfect to gauge their effectiveness as we are all so youthful and for the most part on the same level.

It turns out longball seems to work with this formation, feeding it to 3 players regardless of how many you have at the back. Ill still footer with use wings incase it was a freak occurance.

Good luck tonight in the derby mate :)
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United