https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Get To Know The Manager  (Read 2282 times)

Offline shellyboy100

Get To Know The Manager
« on: July 26, 2017, 07:50:11 PM »
In the old days of Sunday League when you got Manager Of The Season, you would get an interview on their achievements and they'd be put on the blog page or something like that, which I always thought was always very interesting to read.

Anyway, I want to bring that back, so once a week I'll be sending out a questionnaire to a random manager, asking them to fill it in and i'll be submitting it on here.

The questionnaire is only 10 questions, so it shouldn't take managers too long to answer, it looks like this;

1. How long have you been playing Sunday League?
2. What got you in to Sunday League to begin with?
3. Were you on any other servers before the merge on to one server?
4. What are some of your biggest achievements on Sunday League?
5. Who is your biggest rival on Sunday League at the moment?
6. Why did you choose the team name you have?
7. What goals do you have for the future on Sunday League?
8. What would you call your biggest loss on Sunday League?
9. Which Conference would you say is the toughest right now on Sunday League?
10. If you could change one thing on Sunday League, what would it be?

If anyone has any questions they think would be interesting to ask, let me know, and i'll consider putting them in there. The plan will be to hopefully put a new one of these up every Sunday...because you know...Sunday League.

Then the day after I'll look at getting a new manager for the following week.

After I've spoken to the first manager (I've got a manager in mind) I'm open to who people would like to hear from, so please comment on the new post after a managers been interviewed on who they want to hear from next.

I'll try not to not to interview a Manager with 2 teams, but I've just come back to this, and I'm too new to the game to know who runs what team  ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:38:46 PM by shellyboy100 »
South Shields

Offline Baggio

Re: Get To Know The Manager
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 09:07:41 PM »
This is a great idea Shelly, makes the game that bit more interesting getting to know the men and women behind the usernames :)
SL Hibernian

Offline Contrast

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 09:13:24 PM »
Sounds good!! Anyone remember the original server names? I know it got silly and you had Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal and Tiscali and got knows what else. The only one I can remember was Felix!  I've been racking my brain since I've come back.
Parma Violets

Offline Baggio

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 09:21:00 PM »
Felix, Piggy and I think there was a mogzilla or something similar to that name, sure there were a couple more tho mate. A looooong time ago we played lol
SL Hibernian

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 09:53:00 PM »
Thanks Delboy!

There was a lot of servers, Contrast.

I think the original Sunday League ones were Smokey, Piggy, Mogzilla, Felix, Tabby, Kitty, Benny, and maybe one more? If there is one more I've forgot it.

Then there was like every single team in the Football League.

I remember having a team on Tiscali, I could build a monster team for like a tenner, they were the days haha.
South Shields

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 10:44:25 PM »
Thanks Delboy!

I think the original Sunday League ones were Smokey, Piggy, Mogzilla, Felix, Tabby, Kitty, Benny, and maybe one more? If there is one more I've forgot it.

I remember having a team on Tiscali, I could build a monster team for like a tenner, they were the days haha.

Charlie  ;)

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 10:53:27 PM »
That's it!  ;D
South Shields

Offline Marv999

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 12:44:13 AM »
And Oscar..  which was that server myself and spiteri applied our trade.. some huge teams on there.. great server back in the day.
Old Fullerians AFC (Main team) + Newcastle Legends (experimental)

Offline Angele

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 04:07:08 AM »
There was PTV.

Then PTV1 and PTV2.

Now PTV is Pakistan TV streaming?

But back in the day (2000ish or even before) I think it might have been a promotion for league clubs outside the top flight. Maybe.

Wouldn't Junior be the one to ask (he'd have access to all the records, surely)?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 04:11:50 AM by Angele »

Offline Contrast

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 05:48:08 AM »
Thanks Delboy!

Haha!!! Yes!! I was on Kitty! I knew I'd remember as soon as I saw the name. In the end I had teams all over the place. Christ knows how I kept up. Kitty was my 'main' team, but I remember dominating the Spurs server.

After we had about a hundred servers, and you could buy players with 95 stats across the board for 500cr the whole thing lost its charm.  :-[

Anyone else remember someone made an entire unofficial SL tips website, too? Can't remember who but it was pure genius. Hours of work must have gone into it!

A lot of memories. I even found one of my first long term girlfriends by playing the original game!!!  :o
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 05:54:52 AM by Contrast »
Parma Violets

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 07:03:08 AM »
I think the first server I tried on SL was the Daily Record server...I only picked it because I thought the red background was really cool  8) haha.

I know who you're on about, but I can't think of his name. I know it begins with an M and he was a Watford fan, that's all I know.

I never knew Sunday League did online dating though  :o
South Shields

Offline Contrast

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 07:15:25 AM »
I think the first server I tried on SL was the Daily Record server...I only picked it because I thought the red background was really cool  8) haha.

I know who you're on about, but I can't think of his name. I know it begins with an M and he was a Watford fan, that's all I know.

I never knew Sunday League did online dating though  :o

Haha. I remember one day both her team on SL and Villa had beaten my team and Spurs and I logged in to a gloating message from her. We messaged, worked out we lived close by, decided to meet and share some 'SL tips' and rest is history!!  ;D
Parma Violets

Offline bigdealdave

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 08:44:54 AM »
Mufhili?
The Flashhearts
Madbastid United

Offline stevenm

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 09:57:57 AM »
Max did the SL Tips page I believe
Didier Drogba Fan Club - Every Drog has his day

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 10:18:51 AM »

Haha. I remember one day both her team on SL and Villa had beaten my team and Spurs and I logged in to a gloating message from her. We messaged, worked out we lived close by, decided to meet and share some 'SL tips' and rest is history!!  ;D

Haha, that is quite a story Contrast! With a few people coming back to the game you never know you could be reacquainted  ;)