https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: I Just Bought 24 First Class Stamps For £1.58  (Read 3679 times)

Offline harv

I Just Bought 24 First Class Stamps For £1.58
« on: September 01, 2017, 06:45:19 PM »
Went into the shop at the top of my road and tried to buy 2 first class stamps. They've stopped doing books of four and are now only selling them singly for 70p each, the thieving bastards :o

But they had run out.

So I had to go to Tesco anyway and there's another shop on the way so I thought I'd pop in to see if they sold them. Yup, they did. But the guy at the till didn't know how much they were so he phoned his boss. His boss told him 79p. I told the guy that I needed 2 and he proceeded to put another book of 12 on the counter. And he charged me 79p for each book of 12 lol ;D ;D ;D

So I left the shop and walked up the road and was starting to feel a bit guilty so I went back in and said that I thought they should be 79p for each stamp and I should only take two of the things and he said that they get the books in packs of 12 so they should sell the books in packs of 12. So I tried being honest but he wasn't having any of it lol :o

So I said thanks a lot and left. ;D

Just goes to show what happens when people don't use snail mail, he has probably never bought a stamp in his life. :-\

Going to keep 10 for myself and give 12 to my Mum when I see her next. 8)

Reminds me of the time I was walking past a bus stop and an Oyster Card wallet came out of a bus window. Had a look and there was 50 quid inside it. Legged it up to the next bus stop and beat the bus because the traffic was awful and told the driver that this thing had been lobbed out of the window. He didn't seem that bothered so I shouted if anyone had lost an Oyster Card and nobody claimed it. Went down the pub and spent it lol :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever