https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Halloween horror  (Read 3507 times)

Offline Late

Halloween horror
« on: October 11, 2017, 08:40:50 PM »
Intending to get through a good few horrors in the month leading up to Hallowe'en. Here's what we've had so far...

31/09 - The Mist

01/10 - Scream

02/10 - Scream 2

03/10 - Gerald's Game
03/10 - Scream 3

04/10 - Scream 4

05/10 - A Nightmare on Elm Street
05/10 - A Nightmare on Elm Street 2

06/10 - A Nightmare on Elm Street 3

07/10 (none!)

08/10 - The Babadook

09/10 - The Sixth Sense

10/10 - House at the End of the Street

11/10 - Fear Inc.

Any recommendations or essentials I need to watch?

I'll definitely be rewatching the first seven Saw films ahead of the new one coming out, as well as Trick R Treat, 1408, and Dawn of the Dead - three of my favourite horrors. I'll watch the new version of IT, too, this month.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline harv

Re: Halloween horror
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 10:31:34 PM »
I'm probably going to be playing various VR horror games again I reckon. I'm hoping that the Half Life 2 VR Mod is going to be released before Halloween, Ravenholme in VR is going to be bloody terrifying. Both Steam and the Oculus Store are bound to have a Halloween Sale too. Shame I'm going to have to wait until 24th January to play Resident Evil 7 in VR though! I guess I'll have to play it on Halloween 2018 lol ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 09:20:51 AM »
Have you watched the REC series? Pretty decent.. well the first one anyway... I gave up after the 2nd one though - I believe they made about 3 or 4..

Conjuring was good - although still haven't got round to watching Annabelle.

The Babadook was quality - probably one of my favourites of recent times.

I've got the Hostel boxset somewhere - I'd love to watch them again, pretty gruesome - put me off ever wanting to backpack through Europe.

The Strangers is a good film if you've haven't seen it before - makes you think twice about opening your door ;)

Looks like you've gone a bit retro so far - so perhaps a bit of Childs Play, Candyman, Hellraiser, Stir of Echoes?

I love myself a horror - especially a retro one.. missus hates them though - so have to watch them when she's out.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:29:22 AM by jman »

Offline stupac

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 08:19:00 PM »
Speaking of horrors.

Did anyone watch the first season of The Exorcist? Really liked it myself. The second season started last night on syfy if anyone hasn't seen it or wants to check it out.
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 10:53:02 PM »
Haven't seen it yet, I'm quite reluctant to start watching SciFy stuff because the fuckers usually stop making the fucking things that are any good after one series. Now that I know they've started a second series I might check it out.

I'll probably watch a few Buffy or Angel episodes before I scare the crap out of myself in VR to get me in the mood. I loved those two series although Buffy went through a couple of bad patches, the super soldier thing and wotsherface being Buffy's 'sister' was a bit pants. Generally though they were awesome series.

I also keep on meaning to finish watching True Blood too, that was pretty good.

I love vampire stuff. ;D

I WOULD watch Interview With A Vampire but hearing Guns 'N' Roses absolutely RUIN one of the best Stones songs ever written will give me nightmares lol
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 11:57:50 PM »
A bit Late (no pun intended) coming in on this. Of that list I'd say the Babadook was the only decent horror. The MIst - very poor compared to the Novella, though far superior to the awful tv series they made recently (that got cancelled after one season.

I'd recommend the Autopsy of Jane Doe. Lowish budget horror but very good.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.