https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Oops, I Think I've Got A Pikie 'Living' In A Flat Downstairs In Trouble!  (Read 4577 times)

Offline harv

Not that I'm going to lose any sleep over it. There was a pikey couple living downstairs, and before that another pikey was in there, they're brothers.

Now I think the old man has 'moved' in but he's never there. A DWP letter got delivered and I thought it was one of the sons so I wrote on it 'Return to sender - this person moved out ages ago'.

The people in the other flat downstairs keep on putting mail in the bin which now the pikey has blamed me for.

Fucking pikies, wish we could deport the fuckers. Pure scum.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 04:18:38 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

Re: Oops, I Think I've Got A Pikie 'Living' In A Flat Downstairs In Trouble!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 12:43:44 PM »
Well the pikey has moved out now and an Eastern European woman has moved in. There's a smell coming from the cellar in the communal hallway downstairs, probably rice and/or rats so she keeps on leaving the front door open. It's only a matter of time before someone starts stealing the mail or someone gets broken into.

Someone in one of the flats downstairs last night was also fighting with her boyfriend. Heard shouting, a few loud bangs and a scream. When I went downstairs to put my recycling in the green bin and closed the door I've noticed that the door window (with that glass with the wire in it) has been broken.

I can't believe that this letting agent keeps on letting these flats to dodgy fuckers. I'm guessing that they're not checking references.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 12:29:44 PM »
Turns out he's just 'moved out' and he's sub letting. So he's still claiming his benefits and housing benefits plus getting rent from the woman that's living there.

And that woman started a fire yesterday with her slow cooker. Good job the fire alarms work okay.

Offline iaskthequestions

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 09:00:21 PM »
Lol, what sort of place do you live in Harv. Sounds fucked.

I used to experience problems when renting when having to deal with an agent on behalf of the landlord. The silent landlords are a nightmare tbh. The workload is put on agents who lets be honest aren’t going to care as much or have as much time to put into worrying about an apartment block as a hands on landlord.

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 12:44:40 AM »
Yup, it's not great. Things were fantastic a few years ago because all 3 of the other flats had decent people in but now it's not so great. The guy in Flat C, Armando is fantastic, a really nice guy but I think he'll be moving out soon.

He's having some major health issues and he had a doctors appointment early this evening and I've told him to tell the doctor that he needs Sheltered Housing. But his English isn't great so I'm not sure if he understood what I was telling him.

One lot of the dodgy fuckers downstairs has moved out thankfully but it's a crap shoot whether the new people are going to be decent or not when they move into the empty flat.

We also had an inspector for the letting agent's HMO (House of Multiple Occupants) Licence today. He wasn't happy, I reckon he left with writer's cramp...particularly when it came to Armando's flat because he's got problems with damp and all sorts. He also wasn't happy that none of the flats have central heating either but I don't think it's a legal requirement. I only had double glazing fitted in my flat in January last year, previous to that I had single glazing with rotten window frames. I managed to convince them that it was an Environmental Health risk and that they would be liable to criminal charges if there was a storm and my windows blowing out killed or injured somebody outside. :o

I've only stayed here so long because it's next to impossible for me to find somewhere else to live since the government cut the amount of Housing Benefit that I get years and years ago. They used to have it so that you could afford to rent 5 out of 10 places in your area but they cut that down to 3 out of 10 places. So not only do you have to find those three places that you can afford to rent but you also have to find landlords/letting agents that are fine accepting people on benefits which is pretty much impossible.

I've just started to see a shrink regularly so hopefully I'll be able to get back to being well enough to work again at some point and be able to come off ESA.