https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Oops!!! I've Broken My Leg!!!  (Read 7529 times)

Offline harv

Oops!!! I've Broken My Leg!!!
« on: July 23, 2018, 11:29:36 PM »
Had a bad hypo this afternoon and collapsed. Managed to break both bones beneath my knee. Am having surgery tomorrow and they're keeping me in for a few days.

Didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. Last time saw someone break their leg the bloke was in tears.

Potential for complications due to my diabetes which is a pain in the arse. Hopefully it'll go fine and won't have any blood clots or infections.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

Re: Oops!!! I've Broken My Leg!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 01:27:33 AM »
Just in case I snuff it on the table tomorrow I just want to say this before I go:

This forum and all of you guys have been awesome over the years.

And Chelsea, Liverpool, City and especially arse are a load of old wank :P ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 03:17:26 PM »
Phew! They decided not to do the op due to possible complications with my diabetes and possible bone infection. They've put a MASSIVE plaster cast on the thing, covers near enough my entire leg.

Hopefully they're going to let me go home later on today or tomorrow. Never been so happy in all my life, I was really shifting myself about the op cos I've never had one before.

My stairs are going to be a real fucker when I get home. :'(

Offline harv

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 06:45:25 PM »
Turns out tomorrow. I saw a diabetic nurse and a diabetic doctor and the doctor was furious that a Bupa doctor I saw whilst at Oculus made such daft decisions and even furiouserer that my doctor has carried this on afterwards.

They've now changed my insulin so they're keeping me in tomorrow whilst they figure things out and hopefully I'll be going home tomorrow.

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 04:12:39 PM »
Turns out tomorrow. I saw a diabetic nurse and a diabetic doctor and the doctor was furious that a Bupa doctor I saw whilst at Oculus made such daft decisions and even furiouserer that my doctor has carried this on afterwards.

They've now changed my insulin so they're keeping me in until tomorrow whilst they figure things out and hopefully I'll be going home tomorrow. Need to see a podiatrist, hopefully the antibiotics will sort out my infected toe, I really don't fancy having amputated.

Offline jman

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 07:39:18 AM »
You sure you didn't break your leg playing VR?

Least you've got a good excuse to be signed off from work.. no wait.. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 08:08:28 AM »
The worst thing is that I won't be able to play any standing VR games for a couple of months. Just seated ones.

The last 2 blood tests they've done have been 8.something and they said I could go home if it was below 17 (between 4 and 9 is normal).

I'm not out of the woods yet as far as surgery is concerned though. They're going to do another x Ray in a week. They want to avoid surgery because my diabetes may cause complications that could have me losing my leg :o

Now that they've sorted me out with different insulin my diabetes is going to be more under control which is going to help me to go back to working again hopefully, as will me getting regular appointments at my local Psychiatric Hospital soon.

Hopefully with a bit of time I'll be able to get back to work again.

Offline harv

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 09:51:35 AM »
Despite my broken leg this is the happiest I've been in over 10 years. For the first time in ages I can see myself being able to work again even though I know it's going to take a bit of time to get there.

I'm just hoping that I'm going to be able to continue to avoid surgery on my leg because if I end up getting complications and have to have it amputated I'm going to spiral downhill again.

Offline harv

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 10:36:24 AM »
Well that was a bit odd. The Surgical Ward was full so they squeezed my emergency bed in between 2 others, this meant that I only had two curtains either side and nothing in front so they had to use a clothes peg to cover the front of the bed to protect my modesty lol. They call it being a lodger.

So now they've just moved me into a spare bed on another ward. And this is before they send me home later today. Dunno why they didn't just leave me there tbh lmfao ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 07:32:59 AM »
Well they didn't send me home yet, I'm still here.

Had a wee yesterday in the bottle a nurse gave me and the bloody thing had a hole in the bottom lmfao :o :-[ ;D

Think I might have to ask for a laxative, I haven't had a poo since I got here on Monday, but I didn't eat anythin on Monday, Tuesday and a bit of Wednesday and now that I have been eating they don't give you a lot. I'm probably eating half what I normally do at home.

Offline harv

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 02:06:48 PM »
Just waiting for my lift home now. I'm sweating my bollocks off, should have waited a bit before putting my clothes on. Bloody weather.

Offline harv

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2018, 03:51:44 PM »
Still waiting. I want a piss but am holding it in so I can use my own toilet for the first time in ages lol :o ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2018, 05:22:08 PM »
Home now! Had a huge wee lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2018, 10:05:13 PM »
Started hurting a bit more now, but that's probably down to me knocking the Codeine on the head. Am just taking antibiotics, paracetamol, blood thinning injections and laxatives.

Offline harv

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 11:21:54 AM »
Shit. In the hospital having my leg checked out and the fuckers want to operate. Shit. Keep everything crossed for me please everyone! :o