https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Oops!!! I've Broken My Leg!!!  (Read 7525 times)

Offline harv

Re: Oops!!! I've Broken My Leg!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 03:37:13 PM »
No beds available so it's going to have to wait until tomorrow or Thursday now. Just waiting for a lift home by ambulance now. Hopefully I'll be home in an hour or two.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 06:49:25 PM »
Got home at 5:30 In the end. Can't believe I'm going to have to do all of this again tomorrow  :o

And no breakfast for me or anything else tomorrow either. You would have thought these days with technology as it has been for the last 30 years or so that they would be able to do surgery without this nil by mouth bollocks >:(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2018, 05:15:56 PM »
The silly sods phoned me up this morning about having my operation today and they were expecting me to make my own way in lol :o ;D ;D ;D

So they're doing it tomorrow now. Hopefully they're not going to fuck up by getting me a two man crew instead of the three man crew that I need. That's what got me into all this trouble in the first place. If they had sent a three man crew on 4th August they would have put a lighter cast on the thing and I wouldn't have lost my balance and rebroken the fucking thing  >:(

Now I've had an extra day to shit bricks about this operation. :-\

Offline harv

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2018, 12:35:47 PM »
We'll they've finally got their act together. Ambulance is picking me up tomorrow and they're planning on operating either tomorrow morning or afternoon. If they have unforseen emergency surgeries tomorrow then they'll keep me in and do the operation on Saturday instead. They'll then keep me in for 3-5 days afterwards.

Means I'm going to miss the match on Sunday though, will have to listen to it on the radio on my mobile instead.  :'(

Offline jman

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2018, 08:01:09 AM »
Means I'm going to miss the match on Sunday though, will have to listen to it on the radio on my mobile instead.  :'(

Think I'd rather have surgery than listen to a united game..

Offline harv

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2018, 08:31:35 AM »
 :( ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2018, 09:17:28 PM »
We'll I was in for 4.5 hours :o

Everything went okay. It's a bit bloomin painful though and my  toes have swollen up for some reason.

Offline harv

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2018, 11:53:15 AM »
I think I've popped a stitch at some point. There's LOADS of blood on my dressing. Bollocks. >:(

Offline harv

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2018, 11:47:51 AM »
Turns out it was natural leakage from the stitches. Now 2 weeks after my op and I'm in the hospital again for a check up. Hopefully they're going to take these stitches out too, they're itching. Fingers crossed that everything is okay, am waiting to see the doctor after my x-ray.

Offline harv

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2018, 08:53:22 PM »
Everything is healing very well, they couldn't be happier with my progress. And thank fuck they took my 23 stitches out. Going to have four scars on my leg, 2 small ones and 2 big ones.

Got to keep the new dressing they put on for three days then I can FINALLY have a shower again. I've been washing in a bowl of water until now which isn't ideal lol

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2018, 07:09:55 PM »
I reckon Harv just kicked something when Utd lost.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2018, 07:23:43 PM »
Nope...I did my leg before the season started lol ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2018, 10:07:00 PM »
Fuck!!! I had a fall on Monday and think I might have done my leg a bit of damage. I had been pain free for a while and now my leg has been hurting where the break was. I didn't hear or feel anything crack so hopefully it's not too bad. On a scale of 1-10 I'd say it's a 2-3 in terms of pain level.

And it's not constant pain either, just a twinge every now and then.

Hopefully it's nothing too serious and I won't need another operation. My skin is peeling on my foot and on my knee and I also have numbness to the right of my scar on my knee too but this is all normal according to Google so I'm not too worried about that.

Almost forgot to post a pic of my scars, this was just after they took my stitches out...it looks a lot less horrific now lol  :o ;D ;D ;D

8) 8) 8)

Offline harv

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2018, 05:05:01 PM »
Decided to go to the chemist and pick up my prescription rather than getting a mate to do it like the last couple of times. I ended up walking over twice the distance I did beforehand...I think I'm REALLY going to feel it tomorrow!!! :o