https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: I want to purchase SL.  (Read 33376 times)

Offline Gull

Re: I want to purchase SL.
« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2022, 07:29:17 PM »
One of Kush's posts explained, not sure if it's on this thread. Junior effectively paid 40k for SL and didn't want to sell 100% of the game. Whether a 40k offer would tempt him, not sure but it would be madness anyone offering that.

Offline Zeusfaber

• The Truth Is Out There
« Reply #166 on: September 14, 2022, 08:16:50 PM »
One of Kush's posts explained, not sure if it's on this thread. Junior effectively paid 40k for SL and didn't want to sell 100% of the game. Whether a 40k offer would tempt him, not sure but it would be madness anyone offering that.

He would have clawed some back by now... lol. £100 per month for the last however many years. Plenty of money has been spent on there recently, been lots of new teams coming back and rebuilding.

I kinda get him not selling it all.... maybe we should all try and meet him somewhere at a decent price. I'm in. I wouldnt do it to make money from this. Just ensure the game continues and get the attention it needs so we can all enjoy it the way it should be.
Kitsunegari FC
Memento Mori FC

Offline stupac

« Reply #167 on: September 14, 2022, 08:36:01 PM »
It sounded like the £40k was to pay off Terry's (the previous owner, who actually cared about this) debts, then the family gave the game to Junior for helping them. Could be wrong.

If he expects an offer anywhere near that for the site he has run into the ground, he is living in more of a fantasy world than we thought.
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline Walpster

« Reply #168 on: September 14, 2022, 09:24:28 PM »
With a bit of time and effort, the income for this game could be more like £3,400 a month. Think about just how many people used to play this game and buy credits.

Nobody I know has ever even heard of SL. (except the handful of friends who played it at school years ago, who would probably struggle to even remember it now)
An updated (reliable) website, with a bit of advertising could do wonders. But it seems the management would rather just pick up the odd £100 here and there. ::)

I totally agree with this, advertising these days could work wonders, a few instagram adverts etc, also for the people who use this game everyday, I would guess around 50 users still log on everyday for definite, and if we could all get just 3 friends (which is extremely possible) to join SL, that would take it 150 users, and that’s without any social network promoting.

The game is in a league of its own compared to other management games, as you said, a little update of the site, and a new look, (but keep everything the same) could work wonders.

I wonder if there was a way we could all muck in together to keep it running, that would be great!

Offline Brads

« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2022, 05:32:52 PM »
Even if we can’t buy it outright would junior be open to selling a percentage, maybe sell half the rights with the idea being that the consortium buying in would be aiming to increase the revenue and he’d still be entitled to his percentage.
Also on the flip side of that having someone who knows the game inside and out plus all the other behind the scenes stuff that he knows/deals with would still be an asset
Steel City Blades - I will win everything even if it takes me forever to do it!
Flashing Blade - "Got any leeches for this?"

Offline Brendan Rodgers

• Joe Allen, he is a beautiful human being
« Reply #170 on: September 16, 2022, 01:00:02 AM »
When's this shower of shit going to start working again?
New Energy
C4 x1 | TCL x1 | TEL x1

My Lovely Horse
C6 x1

Offline Walpster

« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2022, 10:08:59 AM »
Ah man, My days ain’t been the same lately, I miss setting up my tactics everyday   ;D

If this is the end, I’m happy I managed to secure 1st place in 6-1-1 and 4th in my first season in FL1  ;D