https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Premiership Thread  (Read 75214 times)

Offline harv

Re: The Premiership Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 02:14:23 PM »
Thought it was only a matter of time. Nice finish from Greenwood puts United 1-0 up.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 02:31:40 PM »
Lindelof came off injured earlier, just a minor thigh strain by the looks of it but Chongy has just come off injured now and it looks a little more serious, he wasn't walking off too comfortably. :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2019, 02:42:53 PM »
And that's a 1-0 final score. We were a better side in the second half because Matic wasn't there to slow things down. Chongy really is looking like a class player, same with Greenwood. Gomes came on for the injured Chong late on but didn't have much time to make any impact.

Chongy, Greenwood and Gomes are all going to be worth £100m+ in a few years. Best I've seen out of the Academy since 92.

Another fantastic game from Wan-Bissaka but with all of these performances it should be remembered that United are a week ahead of Inter in terms of their pre-season and they didn't have any strikers lol  ;D

Wan-Bissaka was the MOTM, a great performance.

Offline harv

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2019, 06:11:29 PM »
Also I can't believe that some people want us to sign Skriniar, he's always been a red card waiting to happen because he always hacks speedy players down. Terrible defender.

Offline harv

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 04:14:01 PM »
Also forgot to mention Wan-Bissaka and the crowd yesterday. Whenever an Inter player started running down their left towards their final third the crowd started going, 'Whooooooooooooaaaaaaa' and then cheering when Wan-Bissaka made the tackle. And he didn't miss a single one :o ;D

We've got a bargain there for only £50m, and we've improved what has been one of the best defences in the Premiership for every season since Fergie retired apart from last season which was an anomaly due to Maureen going out of his way to get the sack last season for his usual massive payout. And of course we've also improved our attacking play with that signing too.

Still no news of Maguire or Fernandes yet, and PSG have been reported to be sniffing around Fernandes now. >:(

This transfer window has been a bit of a shambles so far tbh. We should have signed both Maguire and Fernandes WEEKS ago. Judge and Woodward seem to be obsessed with not forking out an extra £5m or £10m to get deals done. It's ridiculous. :o

Offline harv

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2019, 06:42:36 PM »
Some reporter on Twitter has broken the news that we've agreed an £80m deal for Maguire. Nothing official yet but if it ends up being true we'll see an official announcement in the next 24-48 hours I reckon. We've paid too much but that's down to the usual English Player Tax. If his name was Harrio Maguiro we'd probably end up paying half that amount ;D ;D ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2019, 07:48:52 PM »
Turns out it was nonsense.

Latest is that Pogba is on his way out and we'll be getting Milikovic-Savic, Pepe and Fernandes.

Probably also nonsense.

I don't think we're going to sign ANYBODY.

I see Chelsea beat Barcelona! :o

Offline harv

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2019, 01:03:33 PM »
Mistake by the keeper and Martial, who's leading the line with James and Greenwood either side, puts United 1-0 up against the Spuds.

Spurs struggling to cope with our pressing game in the first 20 minutes.

A bit of handbags at dawn after James got stamped on, looked accidental to me though.

Offline harv

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2019, 01:09:53 PM »
Water break now, might have some myself lol ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2019, 01:17:58 PM »
A REALLY bad challenge on Kane by Pereira. It was more of an assault tbh  :o

Offline harv

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2019, 01:32:17 PM »
1-0 to United at halftime and despite Spurs having LOADS of possession we've been the better side by far. 7 attempts on goal, 3 on target compared to 2 attempts on goal and 1 on target.

Delli Alle should have put them a goal ahead early on but fluffed his lines and provided De Gea with an easier save than it should have been.

Spurs unable to build up from the back due to our front three's crazy pressing but I can't see them keeping up that intensity for too much longer, I think he might change players at halftime instead of 60 minutes.

Offline harv

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2019, 01:58:54 PM »
Bah! A cruel deflection and Spurs are level :(

Offline harv

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2019, 02:18:15 PM »
A great goal from Gomes puts United 2-1 up. Spurs have had a better half this half but on balance of play so far we deserve to be ahead I think.

Offline harv

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2019, 02:29:30 PM »
And that's 2-1 to United at fulltime. A decent win brings our pre-season record to:

P4 W4 F9 A1

8)

Offline harv

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2019, 08:55:17 PM »
Oh and I forgot to mention that all 9 goals were either scored or assisted by an Academy product. Not too shabby.

United have had an Academy product either in the starting eleven or on the bench for every game played since 1937.

I'm liking the look of this being our first choice eleven so far:

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka Tuanzebe Lindelof Shaw

McTominay Pogba

Lingard

Greenwood Martial James

Playing 4-3-3 with a number 10. That's our best defensive lineup I think and McTominay and Pogba together in the middle of the park worked surprisingly well and is something that should be explored.

The number 10 is a difficult one, Lingard's work off the ball is great and Mata is way too slow to press. I'd be tempted to bung in Gomes in that role too.

We still need to sign Maguire or Koulibaly and Fernandes to guarantee a top four place or a trophy I think but like I've said before our defence isn't as bad as people like to think it is: for four out of the last six years we've had one of the top three defensive records and those other two times was under Moyes (5th best defence) and Maureen/Ollie (6th best defence).

Our REAL problem since Fergie retired has been SCORING goals not conceding them. We were 4th top scorers for van Gaal's first season but every other season we've been 6th top scorers.

This is why the signing of Fernandes is SO important.