https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Premiership Thread  (Read 75167 times)

Offline shellyboy100

Re: The Premiership Thread
« Reply #705 on: April 25, 2021, 03:57:06 PM »
That’s what they call a classic 0-0.

Most boring match I’ve ever watched, apparently this is Man Utd’s 8th 0-0 of the season, i can only imagine how hard it must be for there fans to watch games like that another 7 times 😴. Would off taken a draw before the game though...just played Man City, Liverpool, and Man Utd consecutively and not lost any...these big 6 need a reality check 😂
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 04:11:11 PM by shellyboy100 »
South Shields

Offline harv

« Reply #706 on: April 25, 2021, 05:53:31 PM »
A well deserved point for Leeds. Nearly fell asleep lol ;D

Despite those 0-0 draws we're still the second best scorers in the Premier League. Our big problem when teams park the bus is a lack of creativity, especially on the right. We've needed a right winger for donkey's years. There's no doubt in my mind that Sancho would turned most of those 0-0 draws into wins.

It's the Glazers being useless AGAIN. :o

If we'd bought Sancho in the Summer we'd be right up City's bum. :(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #707 on: May 08, 2021, 03:19:16 PM »
3-1 win against Spurs, means none of the greedy 6 beat us at home this season!

Will take that in our first season back 😁
South Shields

Offline harv

« Reply #708 on: May 09, 2021, 07:06:12 PM »
3-1 win against Spurs, means none of the greedy 6 beat us at home this season!

Will take that in our first season back 😁

Have been quite surprised by Leeds this season! 😲

The Comeback Kings did it again this afternoon. Gave Villa a head start then went on to win 1-3 😲

Still mathematically possible to win the Premier League too lol 😂😂😂
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #709 on: May 10, 2021, 12:06:31 AM »
Yeah, I would expect a higher finish next season too...we’ve only had a full strength defence since March, so there is defiantly potential there to do even better next season with new signings too, as long as Bielsa renews his contract, which I imagine he will, fingers crossed.

South Shields

Offline harv

« Reply #710 on: May 11, 2021, 08:08:20 PM »
Meh. 10 changes and our Reserves got beat by Leicester and City are now winners of the Premier League. Guess that's what happens when you're forced to play a ridiculous amount of times in such a short time.

Still wouldn't swap that postponed game for the world, going to be interesting to see what happens on Thursday with protests. Old Trafford is a fortress now lol, bloomin great big metal sheets. Looks like a Combine barrier from Half Life 2 lmfao 😲😂😂😂

Plenty of good points, Elanga made some VERY good runs which may have resulted in a goal or two if he was surrounded by first team players and Tuanzebe was incredible. Amad got his first start but both players out wide suffered from United playing WAY too deep for most of the match, but despite that Amad got the assist for Greenwood's goal.

United ended up losing 1-2 but we've had a great season so far so I don't have too many complaints.

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #711 on: May 23, 2021, 06:27:58 PM »
9th place finish, not bad for our first season back.

Would like to think we’ll be fighting for European football next season, after Marcelo signs his new contract.
South Shields

Offline harv

« Reply #712 on: May 23, 2021, 07:22:36 PM »
2nd place for us. Not bad considering how little support Ollie has had from the board since he took the job.

A side the size and stature of United having a net spend of £60m these last few years is nothing short of SHOCKING and a fucking disgrace. 🤬😡🤬

Maybe these fan protests will give the Glazers a kick up the arse and loosen their purse strings.

We're at least three players short of winning the Premier League - a defensive midfielder, a center back and a right winger...the last of which we've needed for 6 bloomin years 😲

We won't need a striker because Cavani has been convinced to stay for another season, plus I wouldn't be too comfortable about signing as many as four players at once. Fat Frank found out that signing too many players at once isn't usually a good idea.

Not a bad season for United though. 2nd place, just 12 points behind the Berties. We were in a title race until March! And a European trophy up for grabs on Wednesday.

We're showing progress under Ollie, the happiest I've been with a manager at United since Fergie retired. There's no doubt in my mind that Ollie is the man to get United back where we belong - winning the Premier League and Champions League 😎😁😎

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #713 on: June 16, 2021, 02:13:26 PM »
Easy start for Leeds next season  :)
South Shields

Offline harv

« Reply #714 on: July 18, 2021, 02:22:41 AM »
United's first preseason friendly against Derby tomorrow afternoon, Sancho deal is done and Varane deal is expected to be done in the next few days with a bit of luck. 😎😁😎

Offline harv

« Reply #715 on: August 14, 2021, 02:35:33 PM »
United 5 - 1 Leeds

A great performance across the board, a hat trick for Brunooooooo and a goal each for Greenwood and Fred. 😎😁😎

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #716 on: August 14, 2021, 05:45:51 PM »
Our defence was dog shit, I can’t complain about the result, they got stuffed and deserved to get stuffed. Our defending was one of our strongest areas towards the end of last season and I really thought we made a step forward.

Pre-season it’s been terrible, I thought it would be sorted for the 1st day of the season but obviously not.

I’ve got tickets to Leeds vs Everton next week, if they defend like that, I’ll be making sure they hear my thoughts.
South Shields

Offline harv

« Reply #717 on: August 14, 2021, 06:52:39 PM »
It's down to the midfield more than your defence though more than anything. Pogba dropping deep more than playing as a traditional winger overloaded the midfield and created more chances.

Leeds should have man-marked Pogba after this became apparent I think.

All 6 goals were excellent in this game though, the Leeds goal being the best of the lot although not much consolation for you right now. 😎😁😎

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #718 on: August 14, 2021, 07:46:00 PM »
Yeah, we didn’t play Phillips though and everything goes through him, could off given Pogba a much tougher game. Koch in his place was at fault for 2 of the goals today.

Ayling’s goal was epic, but like you say, counts for nothing.

Didn’t expect much from today anyway, but can’t believe how poor we were going forward, last season we caused every team problems, but today was too easy for you, and you were basically playing last seasons defence.
South Shields

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #719 on: August 26, 2021, 09:53:51 AM »
Forgot to update my experience at Elland Road last weekend.

Was epic! Felt exactly like going to a football match before the Pandemic! Atmosphere was insane, and Leeds didn’t lose like they usually do when I see them. Game could of gone either way, we had way more of the ball, but Everton had the better chances, I’d say the draw was fair.
South Shields