https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The FA Cup Thread  (Read 14127 times)

Offline harv

The FA Cup Thread
« on: January 04, 2020, 04:48:37 PM »
United playing the Woolufs away in the Third Round. Team news for United:

Romero

Young Lindelof Maguire Williams

Static Pereira

James Mata Chong

Greenwood

Bench: Grant, Jones, Rashford, Fred, Dalot, Gomes, Wan-Bissaka

7 changes and a young side with a bit of experience mixed in.

We're stuck with Static in the middle of the park because Pogba, McTominay, Garner and Levitt are all out injured. Bloody great. Static AND Mata in the same side. ::)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

Re: The FA Cup Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 06:06:14 PM »
VAR has denied us a penalty. Terrible decision. >:(

Pretty even game so far.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 07:06:37 PM »
Couple of substitutions. Fred on for Mata and Rashford on for James. A Wolves goal disallowed for handball. Phew!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 07:11:10 PM by harv »

Offline harv

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 07:11:44 PM »
And they've hit the woodwork  :o

Offline Chris777

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 07:45:00 PM »
well.....

0 shots on target, hit the bar when i felt rash should have scored he never got his head up did he. I think we should have had a penalty from williams how that wasnt given i dont know. But didnt really deserve to win the game.

Only 0-0 in this round and it had to be us. Some FA Cup magic that was.

I felt Mata brought some creativity and was always looking for balls into feet but there was nobody ever in the box even for crosses.

Still not really sure what the game plan was except for get a replay and we certainly didnt want that lol.

Offline harv

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 07:52:30 PM »
0-0 final score and a replay at Old Trafford. We need to make signings this month otherwise we'll be playing our U23s side towards the end of the season due to the amount of games we'll end up playing and the amount of injuries we'll end up with.

But of course the board won't front up the cash. Ollie only has £40m or so to spend and we need at least two midfielders as a matter of urgency, plus a decent number 10 to cover Lingard whilst he deals with his family issues. I don't think he should be playing at the moment tbh because his mind isn't in it.

The squad is without Fellaini and Herrera who the board haven't replaced and now without Pogba and McTominay, probably out for most of the rest of the season, at least 2 months each.

Pogba will leave in the Summer, we'll probably get £100m for him if we're lucky and Ollie will be able to use that on top of another £60m to buy players.

So next Summer we'll need 3 midfielders, a right winger and a striker. And maybe a right back if Ethan Laird doesn't break through to the first team. All for £160m lol

I've been against the journalist murdering Saudis buying the club but if they do so we'll actually have owners that are willing to spend the £400m or so that we'll be able to spend under FFP regulations and the club will have no debt (because the Glazers legally have to pay that off when they sell the club).

But then if they DO buy the club they'll probably sack Ollie and undo the work he's done with streamlining the youth development at the club.

Maybe the Glazers and the board will front up some decent cash this month? I bloody hope so!!!

Offline harv

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2020, 07:53:56 PM »
Yup, bit of a disaster. Again. :'(

Offline Chris777

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2020, 08:48:13 PM »
your right with most of what you said tbh.

Hopefully they give him a bit more now and he can get 2 players in rather than one. But i cant see it. And whats a betting the deal for a player is done on deadline day.

Offline harv

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 06:08:43 PM »
I don't think we're going to sign ANYBODY this month. The last four transfer Windows we've had a net spend of £30m per window, and only signed players in two of the last four windows.

There's talk of United offering 45m quid plus Lingard for Maddison in the Mirror but that's probably a load of old bollocks. In the form he's been in this season Leicester won't go anywhere near him.

Offline Chris777

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 06:56:18 PM »
haha no Jesse has been woeful, Nobody would want him.

Idont think there will be much done if anything at all. Wouldnt suprise me if something gets done deadline day and then that will be a panic buy to keep people happy.

Big game tonight for Arsenal. Up the Leeds  :D

Offline Chris777

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 08:52:35 PM »
Leeds looking good atm, Id be a little worried if i was a Arsenal fan.

Offline harv

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2020, 02:01:45 AM »
Bah! They ended up losing. I miss those days playing Leeds. For me personally they're a bigger rival than the red scouse gits. I bloody HATE Leeds. Don't ask lol ;D

Offline Chris777

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2020, 07:42:26 PM »
Asenal upped there game in the second half tbh. Deserved the win. Leeds messed up far too many chances.

Hope united can turn wolves over in the replay

Offline harv

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2020, 03:34:14 PM »
Not the way we've been playing, we'll probably get hammered ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2020, 07:44:25 PM »
Team news for United:

Romero

Wan-Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Williams

Static Fred

Greenwood Mata James

Martial

No Rashford.

Bench: Grant, Jones, Dalot, Pereira, Lingard, Chongy, Rashford.