https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: eBay  (Read 3558 times)

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
eBay
« on: February 20, 2020, 03:21:56 PM »
Very recently got into selling on eBay. I have a vast collection of football memorabilia that I’m flogging with early signs being very positive. Still getting used to it with all the fees and postage etc.
Anybody have any dealings with selling on eBay? Any tips?
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
Re: eBay
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 03:22:33 PM »

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 06:20:37 PM »
I've only ever bought stuff from Ebay, never sold anything. When you post stuff make sure you send it by Registered Delivery.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 07:59:22 PM »
Borg, be careful if you are selling on eBay. I wouldn't recommend sending anything you can't get insured on. Lots of scammers out there that will either say they did not receive your package of you sent tracked, will say that they still never received it and that is not their signature. You will then be forced to issue a refund. Insurance is vital for that extra security. I personally never do an auction but a fixed price with a best offer option.
Unfortunately, eBay will always side with the buyer and not seller. Always look at the profile of the person interested in your items and go on from there. I've only had a couple of problems when I've actually purchased something and it hasn't come. I received my refund after disputing. Thankfully no problems as of yet when selling anything.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 08:01:40 PM »
Also remember that eBay take 10% commission and if your dealing with paypal, they take like approx 3-4%.
Sometimes there are deals where you can do £1 listings meaning, you will only be charged £1 no matter how much your item sells for. Ofcourse this is for a certain duration but would recommend this option if your items are high in value.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 07:55:17 PM »
Not had an issue yet but I’m sure it won’t be long before one pops up. Probably picked the wrong time to start selling to be honest. With this virus taking hold across europe posting will be probably be delayed. Typical...