https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: COVID19 (Coronavirus)  (Read 5820 times)

Offline munkeespuzz

COVID19 (Coronavirus)
« on: March 25, 2020, 07:53:24 PM »
Anyone on this website who need advice or help during these difficult times please post in this thread.

We are a community and are all in this together. Sometimes a simple chat online can be the difference we need to help our mental health. These are unprecedented times. Lets be here for each other if we can.

Offline rockline

Re: COVID19 (Coronavirus)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 12:38:49 AM »
Hello Ty,

things are not good here in Portugal. I hope this passes quickly :(

Offline beckham

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 09:10:02 AM »
I'm handling it ok, as of now at least. I try to believe that it is not as bad as everyone said and I try to avoid the coronavirus breaking news as much as possible. (I'm not living in denial either)
I'm working from home, just ordered a exercise bike. I haven't played so much on my PS console since I was a kid :)

Steaua Sudului
Bucharest Wanderers

Gull

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 01:25:43 PM »
Hopefully everyone adheres to the rules because the sooner people do the quicker we can get back to normal with countless number of lives saved in the process. I just can't get over the sheer stupidity of people going out last weekend going against clear government advice and it still seems like there's a few braindead people still ignoring restrictions.

You've now got people moaning about being stopped by the Police for driving to a place to walk their dog. "I didnt realise we couldn't do this" one said. Is this essential? Do you need to drive to walk your dog?

Anyhow, my employer hasn't confirmed or denied whether they are in a position to pay the 80% of wages, with the grants from the HMRC weeks away as it stands. It could simply be a case of not receiving anything so it means you will have a job to go back to whenever that will be. With my partner being self-employed, there's worrying times ahead but I'm sure there are thousands and thousands of people in the same boat. Ultimately there doesn't appear to be any winners in all of this.

The only positive I have is I passed the end of unit L2 accounting exam last week which enabled me to enrol on L3, with the course going live yesterday. Will be a great chance to make a lot of progress with this with no distractions and of course being off work.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 01:34:39 PM by Gull »

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 08:17:16 PM »
Great idea to start this thread.

So far, it's not too bad here, schools and most businesses are closed and those of us who still have jobs are all working from home. About 1,500 cases so far and 9 deaths but those numbers will get a lot worse.

There will be a massive recession when this all ends. The prediction for us today is 7% contraction and 18% unemployment and that is if this only lasts 12 weeks. If it's longer things will be far worse.  :'(
Rathpeacon

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 09:03:58 PM »
Got the parents self isolating away.

I am still working. I work in food retail we supply all your corner shops / off licences, nursing homes /care homes (these get priority) , Restaurants and bars (alot of these are doing takeaways). Working flat out to get the stock in so it can get further down the line and into the corner shops etc. 4 x 12hr shifts so far this week so this game isn't that important right now.
The retailers are mental. They know when our deliveries get there so its carnage from start to finish. There is plenty of Milk, bread, Toilet rolls. Theres is no shortage. Theres pasta and rice. Pallets of it daily. People just need to calm down. The stock is in the supply chain.

Implemented all the social distancing in store. Which can be tricky as everybody wants everything first but it's getting there. Just gotta be firm with them. Have to wear gloves and masks.
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline lucylou

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 02:11:01 AM »
I’m a survivor of the covid -19. It was the worst of the worst illness for me! Far beyond the Flu combined with Pneumonia.I became too short of breath to move even with oxygen and using a nebulizer and inhalers. I couldn’t eat and I was afraid I had to count each breath. I couldn’t walk and had to be pushed out to the car in a wheelchair. At the hospital I got prescribed steroids and antibiotics. I refused to stay there. I think that was safer. I’ve been taking 80 MG a day of hydroxychloroquine for one of my other problems. I don’t know if that means anything. Now I sleep a lot.
Everything possible needs to be done to keep it from spreading. Best wishes to you wherever you live to never face this.
BFN
Lucy

Offline mihai

• UNIV. CRAIOVA
    • http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/teaminformation.pl?teamid=640
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 06:30:51 AM »
Nice to hear you are ok Lucy  :)

I'm sorry you had to go through this.

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 09:13:00 AM »
Delighted to hear that you are still with us Lucy, hope you are fully recovered now and well on the mend. Sounds like a very awful experience.
Rathpeacon

Offline iwopp

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 09:41:49 AM »
Wow, sounds like you've been through the wars Lucy!

Hope you have a speedy recovery
jellybellies

Offline ihsansaka

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2020, 03:40:12 PM »
My sister also tested positive for COVID-19, she works in one of the labs in london that test the samples.

When her test was positive she was told to stay home and contact emergency services if she couldn't manage her symptoms.

She self isolated when she found out that she had been in contact with someone who tested positive, a week later she started having symptoms like persistent cough and loss of taste/smell. her workplace arranged a test kit to be sent to her house for her to carry out the test and send the sample back for testing.

The test come back positive, she remained home her symptoms now included slight shortness of breath as well but she was still advised to stay at home and call back if her symptoms worsened. she remained pretty much bed bound for just short of two weeks, after this she felt better, no more symptoms, and work have asked her to go back to work without taking another test, I find it really odd that they do that, and they are saying she feels better and have passed the 7 days since testing positive so she is all right.

but yeah she is now back at work testing more samples.

its crazy how varied the cases are

Offline lucylou

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2020, 04:33:44 PM »
Thanks for the kind thoughts from each of you.  Right now it’s all good. I’m enjoying life like never before.
Ihsansanka thanks for your description of what your sister went through. I’m happy your sister is well now. We’ve been trying to figure out how I caught the virus. It had to be from someone with no symptoms.
Best wishes to all,
Lucy

Offline Brads

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2020, 06:40:55 PM »
Glad both of these stories have positive endings, must be a horrible virus to have!
Keep safe guys
Steel City Blades - I will win everything even if it takes me forever to do it!
Flashing Blade - "Got any leeches for this?"

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2020, 12:40:57 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear everything Lucy and Ihsan have said. My thoughts and prayers are with you all and I wish you nothing but the best health along with a speedy recovery.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline deca

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2020, 02:08:02 PM »
I second what Kush has said,

All the best

Regards

Deca
Manager of Aston Villains & Cubana Villains