https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Friendly League Season 82  (Read 17788 times)

Offline Cove

• Administrator
Re: Friendly League Season 82
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2020, 06:19:46 PM »
Have no idea what is happening with my team in FL1

Imagine being undefeated for the first 7 games and now I haven't been able to win a game in my last 14 matches......

Need to get my mojo back if I'm going to stay another season in FL1!

It's really weird. I've had runs like that in FL1. There's no logic to it. I am right up towards the top this season but my team is not that strong. I've often had much better teams and been struggling to avoid relegation.
Rathpeacon

Offline Gull

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2020, 08:11:22 PM »

Imagine being undefeated for the first 7 games and now I haven't been able to win a game in my last 14 matches......

It's really weird. I've had runs like that in FL1. There's no logic to it. I am right up towards the top this season but my team is not that strong. I've often had much better teams and been struggling to avoid relegation.

I've been thinking the exact same thing. I started unbeaten for 10 games and finished 4th last year but up until 3 games ago my winless run saw me dropping like a stone. Strange thing is I've conceded the same amount of goals as Super Imps who are first - seems that my 5-2-3ATT formation is throwing up so many 0-0s this season. I've noticed that I normally have all my home games in the first half of FL1 and start off well, but then have a mid-to-end season slump when all the away games come around.

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2020, 08:28:21 PM »

I've been thinking the exact same thing. I started unbeaten for 10 games and finished 4th last year but up until 3 games ago my winless run saw me dropping like a stone. Strange thing is I've conceded the same amount of goals as Super Imps who are first - seems that my 5-2-3ATT formation is throwing up so many 0-0s this season. I've noticed that I normally have all my home games in the first half of FL1 and start off well, but then have a mid-to-end season slump when all the away games come around.

i've had 15 home games followed by 15 away as well which is terrible. Not sure why the match engine would set up like that.
Rathpeacon

Offline KnightStars

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2020, 06:55:46 PM »
FL2

Top 3 all win today, Knights taking down Lisboa by 4, Chimes and Villains both keeping clean sheets and winning by two against Radar and Meanies respectively. This means with 8 games to go the gap between first and second is 8 points and between second and third is five points.

Pigs lost 1-0 to Harricam but still hold fourth spot, 8 behind third. This has seen Benfica put some pressure, after a 3-1 win against the Mill, just 2 points behind Pigs now. A further point back, Lisboa has some breathing space (4 points) from the Fools.

At the bottom, White Hart Lane got a massive 3 points with a 2-0 win against the Clowns. They are 5 off the Meanies (mentioned above) who themselves will still feel they have a chance of survival being only 2 points from safety. Rooted to the bottom, Swollocks lost and need a massive turn of fortunes to remain in FL2 next season. 

Tomorrow tie of the round see's a Lisbon derby! This clash is all the more feisty, considering each team is fighting for position and dominion over the other. It will be exciting to see who comes out on top!
•BLUE •RED •GREEN •BLACK •PURPLE •WHITE •YELLOW •REBEL

Offline rockline

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2020, 09:16:43 PM »
I think that the promotion places are almost decided, on FL2. The last day of the league we have a game between Aston Villians and Mmmrs Phoenix Pigs, but i believe the promotion will be then decided to the Villains, because the Pigs will have a harder calendar.

Yes, tomorrow i will have a derby against Rapid. Rapid is a Sporting team and a Benfica team can never lose against a Sporting team. i know him very very well, we used to be in the same Conference in the portuguese server, i think around 2002? or before…
He was then a kid, with 13 or 14 years old, but he was already a very good manager. I remember that in the nights when we had game, he used to send me PM saying "hey, i will start defensive", "hey, i will start counter attack". Of course it was all mind games, i never listened, but good old days.
I´m trying to bring back other portuguese manager, José (nick spain), but until now nothing yet...

Offline KnightStars

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2020, 09:23:57 PM »
would be amazing to get some old managers back!!

good luck for tomorrow :-) a draw would help the promotion places a lot ;-)

Offline rockline

« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2020, 09:27:32 PM »
would be amazing to get some old managers back!!

good luck for tomorrow :-) a draw would help the promotion places a lot ;-)

We will not a menace to the promotion teams, Nish. Of course to us will be a question of honour. :D

Offline Nijinsky

« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2020, 10:16:36 PM »
Cove
"i've had 15 home games followed by 15 away as well which is terrible. Not sure why the match engine would set up like that "

The earlier you join, the more home games you will have first ;)
Only the one and only Hoarses

Offline Cove

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2020, 11:03:20 PM »
Cove
"i've had 15 home games followed by 15 away as well which is terrible. Not sure why the match engine would set up like that "

The earlier you join, the more home games you will have first ;)

wow, didnt know that. I normally join very early. might try joing later next time.
Rathpeacon

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2020, 05:08:03 PM »
FL4

Poachers Postpone Promotion Party For South Shields!

South Shields went into today's fixtures needing to better Poachers FC result to gain promotion to FL3. South Shields defeated 9-man Steel City Blades 4-0, but Poachers FC beat Padstow United 3-2 with a 79th minute winner, despite only playing 10-men the whole game...showoffs ;). South Shields will have to put there champagne on ice...for now ;)

Port Morrow had a 2-0 win at home against The REAL Madrid with goals from Martin Wiik and Andres Askheim. Subgenius were held to a 1-1 draw against Texas Oldham after a second half equaliser to be denied all 3 points.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 05:13:31 PM by shellyboy100 »
South Shields

Offline KnightStars

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2020, 05:46:36 PM »
FL2 Gameweek 23

Match of the Day saw Benfica claim the Lisbon bragging rights with a 2-1 win over Rapid. Benfica built up a 2 goal lead, but a goal from Rapid saw a nervy end before a red card in dying parts of the game allowed Chico's crew to hold out for a 1 goal win. Benfica are now in a tussle with the Pigs for 4th, lying 2 points behind them as the Pigs put the Clowns to the sword in a 3-0 rout.

Knights had the same scoreline as the Lisbon derby, in their favour, against the Mill creating a 10 point gap over 2nd, as the Chimes were held to a goalless draw by HH. Surreal held 3rd place Villains to a 1-1 draw, so the gap between 2 and 3 remains 5 points.

The relegation 6 pointer saw Swollocks beat the Meanies and claim a 3rd win for the season, moving to within 9 of safety. Meanies remain 2 points from safety, whilst we could have a miracle on our hands from Betty! Harricam helped, beating White Hart Lane 2-1 and The Radar, Mill and Madrid crews will still be feeling nervous of a relegation scrap.

MOTD tomorrow is a double header! Lisboa take on the Chimes, in what will be a tough encounter between 2 solid managers! The second one sees Under the Radar take on White Hart Lane, in another 6 pointer!

Good luck everyone, 7 games to go..

Offline Contrast

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2020, 08:37:41 AM »
FL4

Poachers Postpone Promotion Party For South Shields!

South Shields went into today's fixtures needing to better Poachers FC result to gain promotion to FL3. South Shields defeated 9-man Steel City Blades 4-0, but Poachers FC beat Padstow United 3-2 with a 79th minute winner, despite only playing 10-men the whole game...showoffs ;). South Shields will have to put there champagne on ice...for now ;)

Port Morrow had a 2-0 win at home against The REAL Madrid with goals from Martin Wiik and Andres Askheim. Subgenius were held to a 1-1 draw against Texas Oldham after a second half equaliser to be denied all 3 points.

Haha!! Someone told me it would be fine and he would serve his suspension in the friendly and play the FL4 game!

My season has been riddled with errors which has screwed me in both the AM and PM games. You take for granted how much you used to know about the game until you come back after a while! Good news is, I found my old SL spreadsheet I used to keep so hopefully those silly errors stop.

Focus already on next season! Going to try and improve one or two of my reserves - good first 11 but then come unstuck once they can't play . . .
Parma Violets

Offline Gull

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2020, 12:36:19 PM »
Just a quick few reports to keep the ball rolling until Brian's able to return :)

FL1

Match of the Day - Tuesday June 2nd
SUPER IMPS 1 v 0 FC TOWN OF LUTON

Super Imps came through a stern test from lowly FC Town of Luton to remain top of the FL1 tree. Despite being held at the break, the hosts were given the chance to take the lead from the penalty spot when Phil Yerboots was brought down after 51 minutes. Despite protests from the Luton players, Michael McLintock awarded the penalty which Rick O'Shea tucked away. Despite a late sending off Imps managed to hold on to go 7pts clear at the top of FL1, whilst FC Town of Luton will start to look over their shoulders with the gap above the relegation zone now cut to 4pts.

Match of the Day - Wednesday June 3rd
REALALE MADRID 0 v 1 RATHPEACON

Rathpeacon continued their fine FL1 campaign with a close-fought victory at Realale Madrid. In a game that saw dismissals for both sides, it took a moment of magic from midfield veteran Hugo First whos audacious effort from 50 yards managed to find the back of the net. It's been a disappointing season for the 8-1-1 side Realale, newly promoted last year they find themselves in the bottom three with 7 games to go and face an instant return to FL2.

Match of the Day - Thursday June 4th
No games played.

Match of the Day - Friday June 5th
CSKA SOFIA 0 v 1 BRAZILIAN PIGGYS

CSKA have made a solid start to their first-ever season in FL1, comfortably lying in mid-table despite only forming just 5 seasons ago. However, they were edged out by veteran Piggys manager Jason, who's side has only picked up 8 wins this season but have steered clear of the relegation places. New signing Renee Sauce was the difference between the sides on this occasion, a deft flick found the net after 30mins after some great play by Lou Briccant. Hristo Stoichkov could've nicked his side a point late on but his strike failed to hit the target.

Standings & Fixtures - Saturday June 6th

Code: [Select]

UNIV. CRAIOVA vs Rathpeacon
Park My Seagull vs Hoarse Whisperers
BrazilianPiggys vs FC Town of Luton
Realale Madrid vs Steaua Sudului
Aten warriors vs Wizards
Ogres         vs Kushberry F.C
Super Imps vs Jellybellies
Angel Rrrrs vs CSKA Sofia

+/- Pos Team Name Pld W D L F A Pts

(0) 1 Super Imps 23 17 3 3 41 11 54
(0) 2 Angel Rrrrs 23 14 5 4 29 12 47
(0) 3 HWhisperers 23 13 5 5 24 14 44
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(0) 4 Rathpeacon 23 11 5 7 33 19 38
(0) 5 Jellybellies 23 11 5 7 26 15 38
(0) 6 Steaua Sudului 23 11 4 8 24 15 37
(0) 7 UNIV. CRAIOVA 23 9 9 5 24 19 36
(0) 8 Park My Seagull 23 8 11 4 17 10 35
(0) 9 BrazilianPiggys 23 8 4 11 15 21 28
(0) 10 CSKA Sofia 23 8 4 11 16 23 28
(0) 11 FCTownOfLuton 23 5 10 8 15 22 25
(0) 12 Wizards         23 5 9 9 15 24 24
(0) 13 Aten warriors 23 6 4 13 15 31 22
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(0) 14 Realale Madrid 23 6 3 14 15 26 21
(0) 15 Kushberry F.C 23 5 6 12 12 28 21
(0) 16 Ogres         23 2 3 18 13 44 9
« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 12:54:58 PM by ElGull »

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2020, 03:19:12 PM »
FL4

Subgenius Postpone Promotion Party For South Shields!

South Shields only needed a point going into todays fixtures to confirm promotion, regardless of what happened elsewhere. However, their opponents had other idea's with Subgenius scoring the only goal of the game through Frank Furter, to win 1-0. Elsewhere Port Morrow picked up 3 points against Dullahan Hill United in a straight forward 3-0 win. Dullahan were down to 10 men after the 69 minutes after Sean Doyle's second bookable offence for Foul and Abusive language...you can't do that. Poachers FC beat Dundee United 2-0 to keep there promotion hopes going.

South Shields

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2020, 03:26:33 PM »
Reporting aside, Subgenius deserved the win today, I didn't have any TA in the game, very much like when I drew to Poachers earlier in the season and escaped a draw. Bit of a shame to lose the undefeated record being so close to completing the whole league with it, but I still have some tough games to play so there was nothing to say it will still be in tact at the end, my focus will now be making sure I get across the finish line and get promoted.

Got Dundee United tomorrow, in a preview of our Champions Shield Quarter-Finals match next week  :)
South Shields