https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: SL doubles  (Read 20203 times)

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
Re: SL doubles
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2022, 10:42:18 AM »
I'm looking forward to seeing the results this afternoon, it's going to be close for sure

Offline Swifty

« Reply #226 on: August 25, 2022, 12:34:44 PM »
Oi Baldman, your partner has been heard saying ‘he wishes he was partnered with me as he would be top of the doubles league’ a reporter over heard these words and reported it on sky sports news.
Rebel Rovers

Offline Denmark_14

« Reply #227 on: August 25, 2022, 01:48:23 PM »
Oi Baldman, your partner has been heard saying ‘he wishes he was partnered with me as he would be top of the doubles league’ a reporter over heard these words and reported it on sky sports news.

😂😂😂 still can’t hear you down there 🤫
BALDBEAN FC

Offline Denmark_14

« Reply #228 on: August 25, 2022, 01:50:39 PM »
I lost 3 of my first team midfielders last night, not impressed!!
BALDBEAN FC

Offline Swifty

« Reply #229 on: August 25, 2022, 02:22:42 PM »
I lost 3 of my first team midfielders last night, not impressed!!
how did that happen? Can hear the excuses already before you’ve fallen  ;D
Rebel Rovers

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2022, 03:18:13 PM »
Done over again never should have lost that  :-X

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #231 on: August 26, 2022, 12:19:32 AM »
Gameweek 13 Table

Code: [Select]
Team Name W D L F A GD Total Points
TBC 13 10 3 48 14 34 49
Bald Italians!! 13 6 7 27 21 6 45
Semper Invictus 11 6 9 23 23 0 39
My Lovely Fart 11 5 10 31 35 -4 38
CONMARK FC 11 4 11 29 34 -5 37
Touch and SMAsh 8 4 14 20 31 -11 28
King rekraps army 6 9 11 16 24 -8 27
The Real great Yarmouth 8 2 16 22 34 -12 26

Gameweek 13 Recap

Well, well, well there was a lot on this game week and with the competitiveness of this competition it didn't disappoint with one week to go TBC hold a 4 point lead over the Bald Italians. The Borg drawing away to King Kennys Army 1-1 but Bristol Saints coming through in style beating sMAshEd 2-0 to put TBC on the brink of the title now. I cant see this going any other way now personally.

Second place lie the Bald Italians its been a great run from them but second is almost secured barring a disaster. They will be disappointed with only picking up 1 point today. Will a miracle happen tomorrow but they will need maximum points to steal the title.

Semper Invictus remain in third by 1 point no goal conceded today and Gull winning the 3rd v 4th battle in group A 1-0 against Great Yarmouth Town to secure a top 3 finish in Group A .Kitsunegari was not letting the team down either getting a valuable point away to Fart In a Bottle which leaves them on 39 points.

Thats the top 3 final day preview to come tomorrow, loads to play for !!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 02:07:22 AM by touchnplay »

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #232 on: August 26, 2022, 02:06:32 AM »
Gameweek 14 Preview

Doubles Group A

King Kennys Army vs Touchnplay   
Rathpeacon vs    The Borg       
Park My Seagull   vs  BALDBEAN FC   
My Lovely Horse   vs  Great Yarmouth Town

Doubles Group B

Bristol Saints vs  Kitsunegari FC   
The Real Seg vs  sMAshEd   
Rekrap CF   vs DANEMARK FC   
Fart in a bottle FC vs  ITALIANO

Its the last game of the season and there is loads to play for top of the league is TBC and It's not going to be an easy task The Borg has to go away to Rathpeacon but Bristol Saints against Kitsunegari is a real head to head with Semper Invictus needing the points to get 3rd this is 100% the big game of the day. BALDBEAN v Gull definitely could be interesting especially after the last game against each other. There's a couple of games which will decide the bottom 3 but I'm sure all of the teams will be disappointed with their performances

Offline Gull

« Reply #233 on: August 26, 2022, 08:40:50 AM »
I'll be delivering a knockout blow to FC BUTTERBEAN don't you worry about that. Still not given up hope of finishing runners up - very unlikely but not impossible.

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #234 on: August 26, 2022, 12:14:39 PM »
I'm hoping that Touch and SMAsh take 6 points today I'll be gutted if we come last after being in the mix for a top 3 spot all season

Offline Denmark_14

« Reply #235 on: August 26, 2022, 03:16:14 PM »
Amazing competition, top team got pushed all the way but was too good! Italiano you smashed it! Well done to everyone especially the 2 winners 👏👏👏

Amazing write ups Joe 👏
BALDBEAN FC

Offline Aaron

« Reply #236 on: August 26, 2022, 03:37:45 PM »
Great competition joe thanks for organising.

Thanks for teaming up with me Mr Borg, great run  ;)
Bristol Saints

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #237 on: August 26, 2022, 07:04:41 PM »
Gameweek 14 results

Doubles League Group A

King Kennys Army 1 - 1  Touchnplay
Rathpeacon 0 - 0 The Borg
Park My Seagull   1 - 0    BALDBEAN FC
My Lovely Horse   1 - 1    Great Yarmouth Town

Doubles League Group B

Bristol Saints 1 - 0 Kitsunegari FC
The Real Seg 1 - 1 sMAshEd
Rekrap CF   1 - 0    DANEMARK FC
Fart in a bottle FC 0 - 2 ITALIANO

The Final Table - Gameweek 14

Code: [Select]
Team Name W D L F A GD Total Points
TBC 14 11 3 49 14 35 53
Bald Italians!! 14 6 8 29 22 7 48
Semper Invictus 12 6 10 24 24 0 42
My Lovely Fart 11 6 11 32 38 -6 39
CONMARK FC 11 5 12 29 35 -6 38
King rekraps army 7 10 11 18 25 -7 31
Touch and SMAsh 8 6 14 22 33 -11 30
The Real great Yarmouth 8 4 16 24 36 -12 28

Gameweek 14 Recap

The Doubles League has come to an end just before the bank holiday weekend so Friday evening put the ice in the glass and enjoy a nice cider while writing up the final day of what I'm sure everyone will agree has been a great doubles league. Everyone has had ups and down some more than others it went to the last day but this is how it all planned out.

TBC are crowned the champions and I must say it is so well deserved they have been by far the most consistent team and I dont think they have been out of the top 2 since the start of the league which is an impressive achievement considering the quality of opposition. The Borg went the whole season unbeaten, the only team to do so, in Group A getting a 0-0 draw away to Rathpeacon and then Bristol Saints was the perfect foil again for TBC winning away and Kitsunegari 1-0. Both TBC teams finishing second in their groups but they won't care about that as they are the Doubles Champions registering 53 points. Congratulations!

Runner up the Bald Italians who just gave themselves a bit to much to do in the second half of the season to reel in TBC, but they certainly can be proud of their performance and gave us a great title race going into the last day of the season. BALDBEAN lost at home to Gull who did say he would wreck their chances by beating them 1-0 but ITALIANO weren't messing around again and won 2-0 away at Fart In a Bottle to confirm he has been the best player across the 2 leagues racking up 33 points and topping Group B which will be a slight consolation for ITALIANO.

They had it all to do on the last day of the season to remain in the top 3 but Semper Invictus showed they had it in them to get across the line it was in the balance at one point with Kitsunegari losing to Bristol Saints but as the vidi printer was showing the scores on the screen we heard Jeff Stelling go over to Chris Kamara in the Park my Seagull v BALDBEAN FC game to report on a Corie Andrews cheeky flick into the back of the net with 13 minutes to play to take the win 1-0 and secure a place on the podium with 42 points.

In 4th My Lovely Fart, despite being a controversial manager, you have to give it to My Lovely Horse for topping a very tough Group A with 27 points and a 0 GD very strange  ;D. They had a tricky fixture against Great Yarmouth Town today but at home they got what they needed by taking a point in a 1-1 draw. In their other fixture it was always going to be a tall order for Fart in Bottle against ITALIANO but they didn't disgrace themselves and finished on 12 points in Group B.

CONMARK FC ended up in fifth they were looking for an outside bid to sneak into the top 3 but just fell short this time around. DANEMARK ended up 3rd in Group B on 21 points but was turned over by Redkrap 1-0 today away from home. Rathpeacon got a worthy point against the Borg drawing 0-0 placing them 5th in Group A. CONMARK knew they needed the maximum points today to make it onto the podium and looking at the numbers they would have made it if they got them by a point so a missed opportunity there.

In 6th is King Redkraps Army the brothers have been holding up the league pretty much the whole season but have burst in to life with the threat of the wooden spoon lingering over their head. Today they picked up 4 points King Kennys Army drawing 1-1 with Touchnplay and Redkrap getting an important win 1-0 against DANEMARK which was enough to move them up 2 positions on the last day and gave them a total score of 31 points.

In 7th Touch and SMAsh, they spent most of the season in 4th or 3rd, however, due to Touchnplay's dreadful form find themselves finishing the campaign in 7th in the league. Im sure off air both managers will feel this is a poor return. Today they picked up 2 points both getting draws, Touchnplay has seemed to have breaked the hodoo they have against King Kennys Army by going undefeated against him in group A and scoring in both games. Madness... sMAshed also got a 1-1 draw away against The Seg which moved them up to 4th in Group B on the last day of the season. Well played Mark was great being your team mate this season.

The wooden spoon goes to The Real Great Yarmouth on 28 points. Great Yarmouth Town has had an impressive season the double over Cove springs to mind and finishing 4th in Group A its been a good season for them if the result was reversed today it would be them in 6th rather than the 2 teams above them and would have finished 3rd in Group A. Which shows just how things can change. The Seg have had a much better second half of the season picking up 2 wins and a draw in their last 7 fixtures which is an improvement. Chazz is a top manager and I'm sure next time around he will want to tally up a lot more points than that. But for now the wooden spoon it is.

Just want to say been great fun everyone twists and turns I think the right pair won the league and same again soon.

Thanks
Joe
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 07:21:05 PM by touchnplay »

Offline Banger

« Reply #238 on: August 26, 2022, 08:56:51 PM »
A great comp with even better write-ups,  Well done Joe, Top job.

I haven't posted on here lately but have read all the banter it has stirred up. Good to see the forum kicked into life.
Hopefully next time round I'll be a bit more active on and off the pitch  8)

Offline Denmark_14

« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2022, 08:57:14 PM »
To be fair, if Mark(Italiano) had done better we would have won it 😂
BALDBEAN FC