https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Is it worth it?  (Read 1798 times)

Offline stupac

Is it worth it?
« on: July 23, 2022, 01:10:35 PM »
Hello there! First post here in a long time.

I originally started playing this game back in '06 and have left* and rejoined a few times since then. *Unfortunately I never actually quit the game, just wanted to take a break each time. However as I'm sure most of you are aware, there is a feature on SL1 that automatically deletes your account (along with all your credits, players and history) if you fail to log on for 30 days.

So my question is, is it worth starting again? I often find myself missing the game and the community of Sundayleague. But do I want to put in the work again knowing that it could all be lost again if I need a break and forget to log in just to keep my account active.

Surely this feature can be removed? Imagine how many managers, new and old, would have stuck around if they didn't lose their account to this. It's not like SL has been turning away new members in the last 10+ years.  :(
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline RParker9

Re: Is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 02:19:32 PM »
I did the same. Joined in 2009 and left after a while. Joined again in 2015 and left. Wish I could have all my history!

Currently really enjoying my 3rd stint. Would live the d
Feature of save my history!
King Kennys Army

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 02:32:36 PM »
If you want to keep your history just set your team on holiday mode and you won't lose your team/account even if your inactive for 30+ days.
I had my team on holiday mode for years and I still have my original account.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline Zeusfaber

• The Truth Is Out There
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 02:57:42 PM »
Thanks for the tip Kush. Kinda wish I had of known that trick. Lol. I had the same issue went I left years ago.

@stupac I have recently returned also, and I'm enjoying it. Especially now my team is getting there . I think this game is what you make it. Its addictive for sure and Im glad I came back. I'm still a bit annoyed nothing has been fixed or maintained with bugs but if you can not let that bother you it's all good.

With Kush's input I'd say it's defiantely worth starting again.  :)
Kitsunegari FC
Memento Mori FC

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 03:01:22 PM »
Yeah I agree with zeus, it's annoying not having the history I was gutted when I lost mine but as the others say sometimes you need a break and comeback. I'm enjoying it again so maybe you will too give it a go mate 👍

Offline spiteri

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 04:23:19 PM »
Like Kush mentioned, always use holiday mode and the team will retain both existence and history!
Floriana FC

Offline Banger

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2022, 04:26:07 PM »
If you want to keep your history just set your team on holiday mode and you won't lose your team/account even if your inactive for 30+ days.
I had my team on holiday mode for years and I still have my original account.

Like many, I wish I'd have known this.  Would love to have my Redhill Rovers history still

Offline Gull

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2022, 05:04:29 PM »
So my question is, is it worth starting again?

No.  ;D

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2022, 05:05:28 PM »
Your the Redhill rovers manager nice you were quality on felix. I would have won a lot more if you weren't about

Offline superj

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2022, 07:21:10 PM »
Hey Stupac

Been a while, I remember you. I’m facing the same dilemma currently, been playing on and off for what must be around 20 years now! Luckily I won a horse double today with enough to pay for some credits and a Chinese tonight!

Come back and have a crack
Brazilian Piggys

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2022, 07:41:02 PM »
I think the feature is disabled, I have a second team ‘shellyboy200’ which I went over 6 months not logging into it and it wasn’t on holiday mode, but I can still log in to it if I want too and it’s not been deleted
South Shields

Offline Gull

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2022, 08:00:37 PM »
As I said to SuperJ the only slight issue you'll have is being forced to have a little more patience over a team rebuild. With the double credit offer being on for months now this is driving the number of max 10,000 credit bids - it's quite common to see 10 season anyside players with 15 to 20 on these days.

Before I wouldn't mind "paying a premium" for anyside players to complement my team but it seems 10,000 is the standard amount for any half decent young players.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 08:34:19 PM by Gull »

Offline Banger

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2022, 09:05:08 PM »
Your the Redhill rovers manager nice you were quality on felix. I would have won a lot more if you weren't about

Hello Joe
Felix - Those were the days.  I seemed to know how to win things back then!

Offline stupac

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2022, 09:55:38 PM »
I also wish I'd known to use holiday mode (never used it). Although I would be reluctant to spend money just to keep an account that I'm  not using from being deleted from a free to play game.

I'll probably give it another go, but perhaps on a budget for now if the transfer market is thar bad!!
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline touchnplay

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2022, 12:31:26 AM »

Hello Joe
Felix - Those were the days.  I seemed to know how to win things back then!

You took my kipper league title off me (basically FL1) good to know who I'm up against now.  ;)

Stupac in my experience this time round I have been playing with players that are young and in most cases not that much and training them up and I have got much more enjoyment out of it. Yes you will get beat at the start but progressing the team etc has been more rewarding for me, it depends what you want from the game and if you are willing to put a few seasons in. Join a 1-1-4 if you are on a budget and by the time you get to the top you'll be competitive.