https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Potential improvement/change to SL1  (Read 4359 times)

Offline Marv999

Re: Potential improvement/change to SL1
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2022, 08:11:28 PM »
Once upon a time I always loved the idea that you could give individual players tactics/instructions to add an extra dynamic to advance tactics.

Examples such as - giving a striker a "free roam" instruction, or things like "target man" or "make runs behind the line" or "drop back for possession". And for like left and right defenders things like "make overlapping runs" or "flat back line".

A few team instructions came to mind too, such things like "play the offside trap" or "by-line crosses" etc etc

Not sure weather this would take away what the game is though, which is a no fuss simple management game, and turn it more football manager-y.

Didn't feel like loads extra but I'd imagine that would be some mega committed coding project to get some of those on.
Old Fullerians AFC (Main team) + Newcastle Legends (experimental)

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2022, 10:51:59 PM »
So I have had a reply from Junior about the questions I sent. His reply is as follows & the bits in Bold are what I've added

Conference prizes for top 4 in top division
The conference winners prizes would have to be manual or semi-manual as I cannot change the game code.
I’ll have a go at writing a patch for it at season ends, but it may have to be a manual thing for a while.

Due to the game code it looks likes prizes for top 4 rather than just to 1 are going to be abit difficult as it means changing the old code. However, he does say about writing a patch at the season ends.

The transfer market
I cant reset the market twice, unfortunately, as it is inside the game engine code and I cant adjust that.

Unfortunately the transfer market is going to remain fudged by the looks of it, I have replied back to him asking about other solutions on this. IMO the potential removal of double credits will help though.

Activation email
I’ll look at that activation email thing, as it’s quite broken and emails are backed up.

Very positive!

ko glitch
The sub at kickoff thing can either be ‘fixed’ by removing it from kickoff, or generally any bonuses across the board for substitutions can be lowered – however that would be for all substitutions, so the degradation would be minimal or affect other strategies. That being said it is worth making that change (eg. Reduce any performance bonus from substitutions).

So one of the big problems we have looks like we can do something about. So it can be removed but like someone mentioned before would that just be moved to another time ie 15mins. I have asked this. I'll not to sure about downgrading the effect on subs personally, what do you guys think?
Someone else did mention about making injuries more of a factor. Which would potentially move people way of making subs at KO and playing the whole game with an injured player. What do you guys think of this if this was possible?

At least we can do something about this one!

Not sure
I can’t make any adjustments to tactics bonuses unfortunately, as that is in the game engine code.

not sure if this was his response to nerfing 253 longball as there is no mention of it. I have replied asking the question again

Help pages
I can look at getting the help pages added. If you have content I can put it in, or possibly find a way for you to be able to edit it irf you wanted to.

very positive again and crucial imo. We have the information available on here just need to send it over to him.

So, not too much is possible, but the major issue of subs at KO could be reduced, so that’s probably a welcome thing. For some of the others, such as prizes – they aren’t straightforward, but its possible.

End of email.

So thoughts and opinions? I have asked a few questions back myself with regards to the sub glitch and 253 longball.

All be it some are abit harder than others, there's still some positive stuff there.
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline RParker9

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2022, 06:34:22 AM »
Nice one. Cheers for sorting Borg.

If the only way to stop the sub glitch is to reduce the effectiveness of subs then that seems fair.
King Kennys Army

Offline Gull

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2022, 07:57:47 AM »
Well done Borg.

The subs performance bonus issue is a bit of a headscratcher.

The removal of instant subs at KO is a great starting point but I agree that subs at 15mins or 30mins will be taken advantage of.  If subs before HT were restricted to 1 and the injuries were tweaked slightly, this would mean managers will have to become more strategic when using subs, especially if the subs performance boost remains. Not sure where this would leave opponents playing nutter / psycho and whether this would benefit them more.

Not sure what the answer is - be a shame if 2-5-3 can't be adjusted. If there was more emphasis on skill regarding changes of formation and subs throughout this would atleast give weaker teams a punchers chance. As it stands 2-5-3 with a team around 800 is virtually unbeatable in all conditions if players are fully fit and morale and gelling are high.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 08:00:24 AM by Gull »

Offline Denmark_14

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2022, 09:07:45 AM »
Good work Borg. Felt like I read all that for nothing. Can’t do this, probably can’t do that. You’ll end up with more work handing out prizes for top spots at the end of each season yourself. All I read from that is that the games fooked, and it’s staying that way. Oh I may be able to sort the subs out, woohoo!!
BALDBEAN FC

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2022, 12:00:54 PM »
It is the response I was fully expecting from Junior.

Does not know the coding and does not want to risk messing the game or structure by adjusting certain issues which is understandable but situation should have never been like this in the first place and the old code should have been wiped long time ago replaced with a new good coding structure. Even if Junior did 1 hour of work a week regarding this, it would have been finished a very long time ago...

Any fix you will try ask Junior, he will say it is not possible to change the code, so really there is no point in bothering to ask for fixes anymore as you already know the outcome.

It's true what Dane said, you will end up with more work, just like how I did back in the days.

I'm more than sure nothing will be done at all.. I'm sorry to be negative but that's the reality.
Subs glitch needs to be sorted but in my personal opinion, just leave it how it is as Junior doesn't know what he's doing anymore with this game and will probably break it if he tries something he does not know or never has done before....

If you can not proper fix the situation and just try to adjust a small tweak (reduce penalty or whatever), then there is really no point in doing anything in the first place. It either gets fixed 100% or not.... There should be no slight or temporary fix.

Thanks for all the hard work Borg and reaching out to Junior but it is the same story at the end of the day as usual.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 12:03:08 PM by captain_kush »
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2022, 01:38:02 PM »
Good work Borg. Felt like I read all that for nothing. Can’t do this, probably can’t do that. You’ll end up with more work handing out prizes for top spots at the end of each season yourself. All I read from that is that the games fooked, and it’s staying that way. Oh I may be able to sort the subs out, woohoo!!

This

Offline touchnplay

• Joe - Touchnplay Manager
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2022, 01:40:46 PM »

This in coding terms seems like its going from tape cassettes to spotify should have incrementally updated over time hey ho

Offline stupac

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2022, 09:22:51 PM »
Great job Borg, props to you for trying to get him to do anything.

However, it's clear nothing will be fixed by Junior's hands as he doesn't know how  ::)
Honestly if that's the case, then I'd rather he just didn't even do anything and risk breaking the game completely.

He either needs to pay someone who knows what they are doing to bring this game in to the 21st century, or sell up and move on.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 09:25:03 PM by stupac »
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline Denmark_14

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2022, 02:00:00 PM »
Why would he sell up when people still pay money in to this shit. I’m as bad as the rest of you.
BALDBEAN FC

Offline Brendan Rodgers

• Joe Allen, he is a beautiful human being
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2023, 03:58:31 PM »
I'd like to see all the preseason gelling leagues removed. It just seems other teams who manage to get in are getting an unfair training advantage
New Energy
C4 x1 | TCL x1 | TEL x1

My Lovely Horse
C6 x1

Offline Brads

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2023, 12:47:33 PM »
So judging by his response he either doesn’t have the knowledge to change the coding of the game or he doesn’t have the rights!

If it’s just knowledge he’s lacking then do we have anyone in here that has that expertise?
If he doesn’t have the rights to the existing code then I’m afraid we are stuck with what we have!

Steel City Blades - I will win everything even if it takes me forever to do it!
Flashing Blade - "Got any leeches for this?"

Offline stupac

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2023, 06:04:15 PM »
Was Junior asked about the gelling issue? We (or at least I) have been getting less than we should for ages now. I had 3 games today and got 10 gelling which is unacceptable, considering we pay for daytime games.

Surely something this minor must be within his capabilities?
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2023, 10:34:29 PM »
Was Junior asked about the gelling issue? We (or at least I) have been getting less than we should for ages now. I had 3 games today and got 10 gelling which is unacceptable, considering we pay for daytime games.

I have mentioned this various times to Junior in the past....

I don't know why this gelling bug occurs because when it happens, it does not happen to every team but to a certain selection.
I have found that there are sometimes gelling issues towards the end of the season.

Unfortunately, we are just going to have to live with it.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2023, 08:36:25 PM »

I have mentioned this various times to Junior in the past....

I don't know why this gelling bug occurs because when it happens, it does not happen to every team but to a certain selection.
I have found that there are sometimes gelling issues towards the end of the season.

Unfortunately, we are just going to have to live with it.

Seems very unfair to those who do suffer the effects....Maybe if Junior removed the gelling code we would see more accurate results?