https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Pre Season Gold competitions in the Pre Season  (Read 6228 times)

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
Re: The Pre Season Gold competitions in the Pre Season
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2023, 06:49:34 PM »
That also takes in 2 days on the new season aswell I believe. So your probably looking at 5 days. Also, nice rest boost. Which could be handy if you have alot of PLs.
I get why people want to keep it, I understand. They want to train and not miss out but this is the point. Some are getting this and some aren't on the game. Hence why it was mentioned that it is unfair, which I agree which is why I made this thread. Unless you know about Official PLs giving training then you probably wouldn't enter. The fairest way is to remove it from all Official so nobody gets an advantage. That's just my opinion.

I think it was 30 different managers entered last season and then some multiple teams on top of that. So all of them (Myself included) got an advantage on everyone else on the game who didn't enter.

We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline spiteri

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2023, 07:27:44 PM »
I personally don't see a problem at the moment. The game mechanics can accomodate for the supply/demand balance. Supply is the available spaces in private leagues, and demand being those who wish to enter. Those who wish to enter should hopefully be aware or be made aware of when the friendly games begin(Day 3) and end(Day 44), and make a mental or physical note somewhere of the exact calendar date of when Pre season comps are likely to start. I dont think I've forgotten yet, much like when it comes to sending out friendlies at the start of each season. There is then approximately a further week buffer zone for late comers to enter into a larger league that could be reduced to match demand? How many teams on here even pay for friendly games now? Are we likely to see hundreds in demand for extra training? Maybe a few decades ago.

What do other people think? There are a lot of teams who play who havn't said their opinions yet, and there seems to be a lot of people asking for 1 team only who appear to have a single team which just so happens to match their biases perfectly. But at the very least I'd like to be able to focus my main team on training benefits going forward.

Floriana FC

Offline stupac

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2023, 09:19:39 PM »
Why not turn training benefit on for all private league and make it fair that way? Same result we will all be in the same boat.
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline Gull

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2023, 10:34:31 PM »
IWhat do other people think? There are a lot of teams who play who havn't said their opinions yet, and there seems to be a lot of people asking for 1 team only who appear to have a single team which just so happens to match their biases perfectly.

You're being disingenuous, Antony. You, Imps etc with multiple teams take up spaces whilst other users with one team don't get a place, you can't say that's fair!

I like the idea of a bigger league starting earlier and agree that training benefits shouldn't be taken away. My shower of shite needs all the improvement it can get.

Offline spiteri

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2023, 06:02:50 AM »
IWhat do other people think? There are a lot of teams who play who havn't said their opinions yet, and there seems to be a lot of people asking for 1 team only who appear to have a single team which just so happens to match their biases perfectly.

You're being disingenuous, Antony. You, Imps etc with multiple teams take up spaces whilst other users with one team don't get a place, you can't say that's fair!

I like the idea of a bigger league starting earlier and agree that training benefits shouldn't be taken away. My shower of shite needs all the improvement it can get.
You could point out I'm probably holding to a form of normalcy bias myself, but I dont think disingenuous fits my position here, since it would imply I'm pretending to have no knowledge of an issue to which I just offered a solution to(How can the latter exist without the former?), and a fitting analogy within the game itself to which almost everyone can hold themselves to? Perhaps my words are being read but not heard.  Not that I don't have sympathy with those who have missed out in the past, but with a set timeline in their knowledge it would certainly function.

Anyway, what dates(game days) are proposed for the creation of the Pre season leagues, how many teams in each league and are there any mechanisms suggested to accomodate for late-comers or general fluctuations in demand?
Floriana FC

Offline Gull

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2023, 11:58:56 AM »
Will agree to disagree, didn't think your comment was sincere but there we go. Not sure you were offended from recent posts about you taking up multiple spots whilst others were missing out with their only team.

Guess a 16 league would have to start way in advance? Would almost become a mid & pre season league all in one  ;D

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2023, 01:26:43 PM »
I'm in favour of just keeping everything to how it is.
Only problem is that multiple teams from same user (including myself) join up.

We need to have a gentlemans agreement where it is only 1 team per manager for Pre Season Gold competitions.

Another idea would be to get another in game admin that is able to create a few more Pre Seasons as Borg, Brian & Jason shouldn't open up multiple at a time.. Would not be fair on them to play so many matches. I have asked Junior before to make me an in game admin but he has not...

Borg, Perhaps you can reach out to Junior and get him to make a couple more in game admins.  It does not matter to me if I am not one but think this would certainly help rather than making 16 team leagues for a pre season which will take half a season to complete.

If we can get 4 in game admins to open 2 pre seasons each, that is 8 leagues which would cover 56 single user teams which I think is more than enough.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 01:28:37 PM by captain_kush »
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline spiteri

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2023, 03:03:16 PM »
Will agree to disagree, didn't think your comment was sincere but there we go. Not sure you were offended from recent posts about you taking up multiple spots whilst others were missing out with their only team.

Guess a 16 league would have to start way in advance? Would almost become a mid & pre season league all in one  ;D
Not offended, I just dont like potentially ill thought out changes done purely on impulse, so if there's a change to be made the model should accomodate for the supply/demand balancing. For example if we have the 1 team rule in place, there is the chance that certain leagues do not fill up, then what? Is an exception made for one privileged second team to get the league started? Does a random team have to enter their single team into 2 leagues? Does a dud team have to be entered to make up the numbers? Does somebody have to spam all active users to find a participant?

If rules are to be made, lets make sure the new system works.
Floriana FC

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2023, 07:05:39 PM »
Perhaps there can be a password protected pre season gold only available for managers with mulitple teams so if you want your 2nd team to join you only join a pre season with other 2nd teams.

If you have more than 2 teams then I don't know lol.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2023, 09:30:55 PM »
Right.....I've not been active on SL1 for a long time. But, i actually can't see the point of these Pre Season Gold Leagues! This site seems to have become over complicated to benefit old time users at the detriment of new users. Surely if everyone wants an equal playing field and more competition going forward with new users involved , and given a chance to compete....this competition should just be finished for good. New users sign up and understand the Friendly Ladder concept, they did decades ago. We all learned the the way the game worked back then and enjoyed it for what it was. Seems to me that people have lost the concept of SL and are just pushing to gain an advantage that brings success for themselves. I remember a time when we were a community who were inclusive of ideas if it meant we grew support.The lack of support from Junior , in my opinion, has caused fractures that would have not happened if this site had been properly run as a serious franchise.

Offline Banger

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2023, 10:14:05 PM »
Well in Ty - From one old time user to another, You hit the nail on the head.
Removing them completely would solve all problems

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2023, 10:47:36 PM »
Agreed Ty and Banger.

I have actually been really surprised with the responses on this thread. Some of the managers responses who are happy to keep the training benefit knowingly that there is going to be an advantage gained on any manager who doesn't enter. I have had multiple managers express to me the unfairness of it. Which is spot on, it is. It's been a problem for a while now and it needs nipping in the bud. We have the tools to change it. Unlike all the other stuff on this game that can't be changed so it is fair for ALL.

We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2023, 11:27:06 PM »
Agreed Ty and Banger.

I have actually been really surprised with the responses on this thread. Some of the managers responses who are happy to keep the training benefit knowingly that there is going to be an advantage gained on any manager who doesn't enter. I have had multiple managers express to me the unfairness of it. Which is spot on, it is. It's been a problem for a while now and it needs nipping in the bud. We have the tools to change it. Unlike all the other stuff on this game that can't be changed so it is fair for ALL.

I think you know why i say what i do Nathan? If something isnt done as soon as possible, this site goes as SL2.....its down to about 7 users!

Offline spiteri

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2023, 09:10:03 AM »
I have to say I'm actually very surprised myself with some of the suggestions lately, not just on this issue, but with things like gelling too. While I completely agree there are bugs and problems that should be ironed out, it appears Junior doesn't have the knowledge or time to do so. But that does not necessarily translate to 'turn off gelling', or 'turn off bonus training because I missed it' are good logical solutions, neither does it 'fix all problems' to anyone not stuck in tunnel vision. Above all none of those can be stated whilst hiding behind 'saving the game'.

If you turn off gelling completely, you obviously lower demand for private leagues as a consequence.

If you turn off the training benefits, once again you lower demand, and in a supposedly 'fair for ALL' action you force managers like Stupac to either pay up for friendly games or not compete at their current level. Once again potentially lowering demand on their part, and on those that are willing to pay for the Gold leagues.

This whole issue has come about due to a demand issue has it not? Where managers for whatever reason have missed out on places in Gold leagues. We have the extra supply to accomodate for this demand easily, whether it be by increasing the number of leagues or number of teams in each league, or perhaps capping the amount of teams each user may enter. But instead just take the supply away and kill demand for growth? That is an inverse of reality.   

If demand falls the game slides, this is a business still after all. I apologise for reapeating Supply/Demand, but how are people not understanding this concept and then telling themselves they are helping the game(business). Especially when there is the supply here to match demand.

The best option would probably be to increase friendly games right up until the final game of the season, restarting on day 2 or 3, and leaving the training bonus on the day league for budget teams, but once again It sounds like Junior would not be able to make a change such as this.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 09:13:31 AM by spiteri »
Floriana FC

Offline Gull

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2023, 11:15:10 AM »
I agree with Antony, just create bigger / more league(s). If we're short on teams just enter a few duds. Will take a bit of organising of course.

As it stands removing the pre-season gold leagues will mean 16,000 extra credits circulating - will this help the transfer market?

Not sure if a lot of teams are aware of the pre season gold benefits? Perhaps the admin guy masquerading as a game software developer could put a message on the SL load up screen listing benefits - then up to the managers if they want to stump up 500 credits to enter?