https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Pre Season Gold competitions in the Pre Season  (Read 6235 times)

Offline spiteri

Re: The Pre Season Gold competitions in the Pre Season
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2023, 12:15:16 PM »
I agree with Antony, just create bigger / more league(s). If we're short on teams just enter a few duds. Will take a bit of organising of course.

Kush has offered to create one if he was made an admin. That could be a potential of 64 teams accross 4 leagues. More if some admns continue with 2 leagues. Or I could volunteer to do one too. If any of the 16 team leagues struggle to fill with the end of season approaching, they could be reduced to the nearest even number(eg 14) and filled with a dud, or 12 and 3 reserve teams.

As it stands removing the pre-season gold leagues will mean 16,000 extra credits circulating - will this help the transfer market?
Yeah thats a good point linking to another recent problem, if less credits are spent on leagues made redundant, then theres more credits spent on the markets where Junior will not or cannot increase the Supply of players. Plus if you remove training potential even more emphasis will be put on acquiring top quality players on the transfer market rather than buying cheap and training.

Not sure if a lot of teams are aware of the pre season gold benefits? Perhaps the admin guy masquerading as a game software developer could put a message on the SL load up screen listing benefits - then up to the managers if they want to stump up 500 credits to enter?
I actually think this would be a great way to make the game fairer for all the budget teams. We all know you can take points off the strongest teams with a fairly strong team, but there is a massive gap where those who dont pay for the extra training sessions just can't compete with the strongest. If you offer these 'weaker' teams the 14-30 days of pre season Gold's with extra training for 500 credits, that will definately help them bridge the gap somewhat. They won't get the full 46 days of double training a season like those who pay for friendlies, but they could at least have the opportunity to train their really cheap players faster making the game more competitive and enjoyable for themselves?
Floriana FC

Offline stupac

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2023, 01:05:40 PM »
Excellent points made by Antony and Gull 👍
If the only issue with this is managers complaining that they missed out, (it is a first come, first served system after all) then as has been mentioned, we just increase supply to match the demand.

Like any other big PL, let's get a sign up sheet going for all those that would like to enter a pre season gold league. And make all managers aware of the benefits of joining such a league.
Then, when the time comes toward the end of the season, we know exactly how many teams want to enter and how many leagues need to be created. And there can be no complaints of unfairness or missing out as the chance was there to sign up.

I'm sure most people still playing this game would love nothing more than for this game to be buzzing with life and for new managers to stick around to become competitive teams. As Antony has said, these leagues are a great way to bridge the gap, however small, between the big and small teams.
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2023, 02:35:50 PM »
The whole problem here is basically managers are missing out on joining any of the pre seasons due to basically being to late.
Now we all know it's a first come first serve basis but the manager who missed out feels it is unfair if there are limited spaces and mulitple are being taken from one user or users who run various teams.
I completely get and understand it's a first come first serve, it's your fault if you miss out but I can also understand the frustration from the other perspective.

To fix this problem is to basically make more Pre season leagues, it's really not that difficult.
We already have 3 in game admins that can make 2 pre seasons each, get a couple of more admins and there you go. I am more than happy to do this and so is Antony... I can message Junior sometime today to try make us admins and explain to him the situation.

Gelling is a very important part of the game and it does have an effect on the match engine as it is one of the traits the match engine is dependant on when giving an output. It would be ridiculous to remove gelling and I don't agree with that whatsoever. Moreover, gelling will never be removed because we all know Junior does not know his way around the code or structure of the backend any longer. Gelling just needs to be fixed as it's filled with bugs but even that is to much for Junior. I'd rather keep gelling how it is right now than remove it. I've lost out on gelling countless times particular towards the end of the season which then has a knock on effect for the new season but I just learn to deal with it...

Perhaps Junior should look into ChatGPT to try resolve some issues.... That thing is seriously very very powerful.
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline superj

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2023, 02:57:04 PM »
I still have Admin Powers so I’d be able to start a league with Brian and Borg

I’m of the opinion though that these pre season leagues are just causing more problems than good.
Brazilian Piggys

Offline Gull

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2023, 03:26:55 PM »
I intitally read that as Austin Powers first... ;D

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2023, 06:51:21 PM »

To fix this problem is to basically make more Pre season leagues, it's really not that difficult.
We already have 3 in game admins that can make 2 pre seasons each, get a couple of more admins and there you go. I am more than happy to do this and so is Antony... I can message Junior sometime today to try make us admins and explain to him the situation.

Why not just make all Private Leagues give users extra training then? This would encourage users to make PL's and also create a fairer playing field for all. In my opinion these Pre Season Leagues are just over-complicating the way users look at training, especially new users. Many of which who will look at the Friendly Schedule as very expensive and feel they can't compete without spending a fortune on credits. My opinion is just get rid if people will be unhappy with just adding more admin and leaving this open to exploitation.

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2023, 06:58:24 PM »
I intitally read that as Austin Powers first... ;D

Yeah Baby  ;D ;D ;D

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2023, 11:54:55 PM »
Interesting reading some of the comments above.

I certainly don't feel more admins to create more competitions is the way forward but it looks like we might be moving that way just like that. Bit of a kick in the teeth really. If Junior wants to add more admins and is happy with the situation once explained to him then I will be taking a step back from creating the official private leagues. I will still try to enter if that's the route we go down so I don't miss out like many sadly will on the game. Which sums it up really.
It needs phasing out starting next season competition by competition when each competition needs restarting. That gives everyone a chance to get a full friendly schedule. Everyone gets the chance at the same amount of training. As Kush said above with regards missing out on a Pre Gold it's your fault. If your late in sending out your friendlies then that is your fault. Ample opportunity to do so though. It really isn't difficult to fill a full schedule. Done it with my 2nd team in 2 days then if not then you get the automatic filled slots on the 3rd day. It will cost abit more 1400cr for 14 friendlies with training rather than 500cr for 14 training sessions you get out of a 8 team official league but that's how the game is designed to play. Why should team X pay 1400cr for what Team Y is getting exactly the same for 900cr less potentially over and over again.

These competitions have caused sooooooooo many problems with what comes with them.

There is arguments for and against on here with a fairly even spread. I have given why I think it's unfair and stand by it. The very small mini boom is over and the game is stuck in a rut where it benefits some not all teams which is something I'd like to change. Your screwed from the get go - For starters I bet you probably still don't get a verification email, No help on the help pages to explain what to do, bugged and glitched to high heaven, Game taken advantage of and no chance to make any money. It's no wonder no-one new sticks about. It's amazing Junior keeps it going really.
We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2023, 02:09:34 AM »

Why not just make all Private Leagues give users extra training then? This would encourage users to make PL's and also create a fairer playing field for all. In my opinion these Pre Season Leagues are just over-complicating the way users look at training, especially new users. Many of which who will look at the Friendly Schedule as very expensive and feel they can't compete without spending a fortune on credits. My opinion is just get rid if people will be unhappy with just adding more admin and leaving this open to exploitation.

If all PLs were to be given extra training then there is no point in playing any friendly games.

Adding admins is not a need yes you are right there Borg but since there seems to be a high demand for Pre Season Golds, if you and the other in game admins are willing to open up more Pre Season Golds making you play more games and setting up then that is fine by me.  I only suggested adding a couple more admins to ease any burdens on you, Brian and Jason.

The easiest thing to do without the need of adding extra admins would be to increase the number of teams from 8 to lets say 10/12 and opening up these competitions earlier than usual. If a a particular league does not get filled up within the time, the creator can easily reduce the amount of total teams.

It seems there is a lot of controversy surrounding this and it is quite baffling.
IMO the Official Day, Cider and Gold leagues should be removed as soon as they are finished and never re opened. Only open up knockout competitions under this banner and then include Pre Season Golds when needed to cover the training you miss out during the end of the season. Re open knockout competitions during the season until a set day i.e when it is time to open Pre Season Golds, don't open up any KOs until the new season.
If you remove these league structured competitions then everyone will have to use friendlies for extra training benefit which is the ORIGINAL and should be the only way of getting this benefit. I understand it might hurt teams/2nd teams and spending more credits but if everybody follows this routine then you can not complain about anything as everyone will be following one certain system. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 02:15:51 AM by captain_kush »
Forum Admin

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2023, 01:21:35 PM »
The following knockout competitions should always be re opened:

1. SL Official WC - (500cr fee, 32/64 teams)
2. Official Catgames Cup (300cr fee, 16 teams)
3. Official Server Cup (0 fee, 64 teams) - once a season
4. Ag Memorial Cup (o fee, 32/64 teams) - Once a season

Could always add an extra KO if there is demand.

The following league competitions (ALL) should be removed completely:

1. Official Day League
2. Official Cider League

Open up pre season golds with 10 teams per league:

1. Pre Season Gold 1
2. Pre Season Gold 2
3. Pre Season Gold 3
4. Pre Season Gold 4
5. Pre Season Gold 5
6. Pre Season Gold 6

. We have 3 in game admins (Borg, Brian, Jason) that can open up 2 each.
. Pre Season Gold with 10 teams will take 18 days to complete so this must be started by maximum day 31/47 of the season.
. Can open these by day 29... Should take a day to fill up especially if community is notified these have opened up.
. Once these Pre Season Golds have been opened, do not reopen any knockout competition until the new season (so that you only get extra benefit if you join Pre Gold).

I think this is an easy and sensible approach?
Forum Admin

Offline stupac

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2023, 06:15:05 PM »
If you want to remove the Official Day/Cider Leagues in the name of fairness, then you might as well remove all Pre Season Gold leagues too. If you think Friendlies should be the only way to gain extra training, then Pre Season Golds shouldn't exist. Everyone would have the same week or so of no extra training at the end/start of a season.

This is a competitive management game, in which everyone has a different approach and takes advantage of various things that the game offers. I'd personally like to see more of these league, not take them away.

Unless there is any sort of effort from Junior to try and fix SL I am not paying 4.5k into his pocket every season just to be competitive in this broken game.
Arcadia Bay | FKA The One United

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2023, 07:10:41 PM »
If you want to remove the Official Day/Cider Leagues in the name of fairness, then you might as well remove all Pre Season Gold leagues too. If you think Friendlies should be the only way to gain extra training, then Pre Season Golds shouldn't exist. Everyone would have the same week or so of no extra training at the end/start of a season.

This is a competitive management game, in which everyone has a different approach and takes advantage of various things that the game offers. I'd personally like to see more of these league, not take them away.

Unless there is any sort of effort from Junior to try and fix SL I am not paying 4.5k into his pocket every season just to be competitive in this broken game.

The only reason to why Pre Season Golds should stay is to cover the extra training after you finish your friendly fixtures.
If playing friendlies continued all the way until the final day of the season, we wouldn't need pre season golds in the first place but unfortunately this is not the case and it will never be so if you want to get your extra training in, you have no choice but to join a pre season. I don't see a problem in this. I only join Pre Season gold for the this benefit, I do not care about the results or where I am placed. If the friendly ladder was scheduled to day 47, I would not need to join.

What I see is a problem where there is a loophole in the game that allows users to get the same benefits as others but pay less credits. I've never had an issue with this in the first place because I set up all my friendlies every season and pay the 4.5K, it does not matter to me but at the end of the day it is a sort of loophole which really should not be here in the first place. This is not an advantage in a game... An example of an advantage in a game is to play 253 longball. I say it should not be allowed because you should be scheduling friendlies to get this benefit.. That is why the friendly ladder was created by the devs in the first place. If you was in Junior's position and knew what you was doing, you would never allow this. You should not have options to get extra benefits, it should come from once direct source i.e the friendly ladder. If you want to keep the gold leagues open then sure but it should not come with perks other than trying to win a gold official SL cup and some credits.

Anyway as I said, it does not matter to me anyway whether people do this or not but Pre Seasons should stay opened just for the fact that it is covering the days where you don't have a scheduled friendly.

This game is dying day by day and Junior doesn't even care so do whatever you want :D
Forum Admin

Offline The Borg

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2023, 08:05:27 PM »
Time to cause abit of uproar...

So I have messaged Brian and SuperJ my position. This season will be my final season I restart my Pre Gold Leagues. My 2 I open will be open at the end of this season but after that I won't restart them. If Brian wants to restart his or SuperJ takes them over or Junior gives more people admin in game then that's their decision. Not gonna ask or force them not to do it.

Just about the restart the Official Day league which WILL have training with it as some who join don't have friendlies to cover but as of next season I will be taking the training away from that competition. So I suggest anybody who normally enters that gets in a full schedule of friendlies next season. It will still be available to enter as a restartable PL with a Gold Cup just without training. Same goes to the following competitions Official Cider League, Official WC, Official Catgames Cup, Official Server Cup and Ag Memorial Cup. All available with a Gold Cup without the benefit.

I will send messages out at the weekend to promote the Official Server Cup and Ag Memorial Cup to get them filled before my little Bambino arrives in 3 weeks and I don't have the time.

But yeah, anyway, hope you respect my decision on it. Thats where I stand. If you need any help you can find/message me in game will try my best to help as I am still playing..
Take it easy guys
Borg out!

We are The Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2023, 12:14:36 AM »
Good work Borg. And congratulations mate! Amazing news  8)

Offline Brian G.

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2023, 06:02:32 AM »

I agree with Borgs statement and "I will open them for 1 final time at the end of this season due to people not having a full friendly schedule and expecting them to be open but that will be my last time I open them giving people time to fill their friendlies up."

Brian
   :) 8) :)
CSI-Franchise
Forest Supporter since 1955.  Good old Div3(South).
We came, we saw, We conquered.  We will again.🙂😎🙂