https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Telegram  (Read 3896 times)

Offline munkeespuzz

Telegram
« on: October 05, 2023, 09:32:38 PM »
People using this app are saying this forum is dead. So they have taken to a third party Chat App to discuss the running of the competitions on Sundayleague. Now, I'm an old user returning, but i would like to know how other users feel about this games workings being discussed and decided with no input from users who do not want to use an outside App not affiliated to Sundayleague. In my opinion all discussions regarding this game should be posted in either the forum or site chat first. I also believe those with admin status should be sharing first and foremost in the game and on third party sites secondarily.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 11:09:42 PM by munkeespuzz »

Offline mihai

• UNIV. CRAIOVA
    • http://smokey.sundayleague.com/cgi-bin/sundayleague/teaminformation.pl?teamid=640
Re: Telegram
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 05:34:13 AM »
I agree with you.

I believe that the important decisions regarding the private competitions should be posted here too.

Offline Banger

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2023, 08:13:15 PM »
I made this exact point on the original Telegram thread, I can't see the point in using another platform

Offline Denmark_14

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2023, 03:50:37 PM »
It’s not people using the app saying the forum is dead, the forum is dead, that’s a fact, it has nothing to do with the app that it’s being said, so stop stirring the pot, it’s pathetic. What decisions about the game are being made from telegram? What discussions about the game are being done in the telegram? What needs to be shared from the app from admin to game? You seem to know a lot about a little or to be honest, nothing 🤷‍♂️ how about a thank you to everyone in the telegram league for being active and keeping the game running, the amount of people saying in there how they was ready to quit and the telegram chat kept them going. How many people are on the forum saying how happy they are? How many people in the forum trying to make new competitions to keep the game alive? How many people are even talking on the forum? Absolutely fuckin nobody. Nothing is being kept from anyone, the forum died long before the telegram came along, it’s so lucky it’s there or we would have lost more users. If there is anything you want to know or we feel needs to be said to everyone it will be put on the Sunday League chat.
BALDBEAN FC

Offline Marv999

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2023, 04:14:21 PM »
The forum is fucked for alot of people resulting in no access.  The owner of the game refuses to do anything to sort or fix this, and issues with the game. Therefore it's actually a luxury for those people to have a relaible 3rd party app which they can use to keep up to date with the game. And it's the most active I've seen sundayleague users in years.

The forum is dead anyway, and it was long before the Telegram app for SL users was created. And besides organising 1 cup (the Telegram league) nothing is decided or organised on there. The only thing that really needs organising these days is FL and even that's pretty much dead. I'd be suprised if we keep running 1 16 team FL1 going forwards.

If you don't want to be on Telegram then fine, your choice. But don't be a misery guts if that's your choice. We're on there having some good banter and talking about the game, it's not some secret affiliated group who hold secret meetings, so stop making it out to be that
Old Fullerians AFC (Main team) + Newcastle Legends (experimental)

Offline Marv999

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2023, 04:21:37 PM »
If the owner of the game decides he actually wants to fix it and make sure the forum is working and accessible for everyone I could maybe understand an argument but even still I'd be an advocate for an app to promote conversation about the game. People still stuck in the dial up era  ::)
Old Fullerians AFC (Main team) + Newcastle Legends (experimental)

Offline Sargybargy

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2023, 07:22:42 PM »
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2023, 07:48:38 PM »
 ;) ;D ;) ;D

See....the forum does work! Keyboard Warriors belong here, not on Telegram.

Offline superj

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2023, 09:28:35 PM »
i think Marv hit the nail on the head with a few things here, The game is 20+ years old now, times have moved on and the Telegram group is so much easier to use and is very active with alot of managers giving eachother tips and banter.  i agree that for the few that aren't on there, any decisions made regarding any competitions should also be posted onto the forums.

For the few that aren't in the Telegram group, maybe just give it a try. we also have an exclusive Telegram Cup too
Brazilian Piggys

Offline northstar

• Sans Puer
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2023, 12:37:15 AM »
hi chaps.

this works for me.. not been here in a while,

Offline Sargybargy

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2023, 08:54:17 AM »
;) ;D ;) ;D

See....the forum does work! Keyboard Warriors belong here, not on Telegram.

Yeh mine does work
But I prefer to use the app
In my eyes it’s easier
And works better for me

Offline Banger

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2023, 04:13:03 PM »
I was not aware people could not access these forums - I on the otherhand can only use this forum, I play this game via an old laptop that does not support Telegram, So even if I wanted to I can't join that
It was my view that if you can post on Telegram you could post here instead

Offline superj

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2023, 05:30:01 PM »
Do you not have a smartphone banger?
Brazilian Piggys

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2023, 07:05:48 PM »
I am the one who created the Telegram group and it was never made or intended to replace the forum in any way shape or form whatsoever.

I did it because as we all know, there are so many problems in this game with the game freezing happening atleast once a season.
I thought that since most people now carry smartphones with on the go internet access, perhaps it would be easier for them to receive notifications straight away on a messenger app rather than waiting for information on the forums when things like this were to occur in the future. I was actually hoping Junior would have joined up so that users can get straight access to him rather than asking me or any other in game admin and thus waiting forever for their issues to be resolved.

I was also worried that SL will eventually break down forever (game and forums) so this was another way to keep connection with one another should that scenario ever happen.

Don't see what the problem is here. You do not have to join up the Telegram group if you don't want to, it is not mandatory lol.
No input on the workings of SL is being made on Telegram... Only Junior can do this.
There is nothing for me or admins to share whether it be here or anywhere else.
I have always shared any information from Junior on the forums first. Last post I did was September 03, 2023, 12:34:24 PM regarding the last freeze that happened. Nobody replied back to my message.

If somebody wants to set up a PL on Telegram then by all means they should do it, that's not my problem and it's up to the owner/creator of the PL to do whatever they want. There is no difference between that and a PL that requires a password to enter.

Anyone is more then welcome to use the forums, Telegram or even both if you want. Forum has been dead for years anyway prior to me creating the Telegram group so blaming this on the forums being dead is incorrect. The only person to blame here is the owner and we fools (customers) continue playing and paying for credits knowing deep well the pros and cons of this game. Everyone knows what you get with this game so lets stop arguing over rubbish.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 07:21:02 PM by captain_kush »
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2023, 08:59:43 PM »
This thread was created to find out what users feel about Telegram going forward and if it will effect the forums and users who don't want to use the said App. A simple thread to judge community consensus. But a couple of cupcakes got their knickers in a twist and tried to turn it into an argument  ;D ;D ;D

You crack on with Telegram, it's your choice to be on there, it's my choice to avoid it. But if you lot start chatting on Tinder, i'm out of here!  ;)