https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Telegram  (Read 3891 times)

Offline Gull

Re: Telegram
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2023, 01:44:20 PM »
The Telegram chat has completely obliterated the forum, if anyone is saying any different they are talking absolute nonsense.

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2023, 02:11:48 PM »
The Telegram chat has completely obliterated the forum, if anyone is saying any different they are talking absolute nonsense.

Telegram group was active I would say in the first 2-3 months and even that has died with only the same 3-4 people making conversation there on and off topic.
I think your statement is absolute nonsense in all honesty. Everybody here knows the forums was always dead. The conference chats were long dead before the Telegram app was created and the forum was mainly used for issues with site/users along with signing up for competitions.

I couldn't care less anyway, it is what it is, I've been done with trying to help out as nothing positive comes from it and at the end of the day it is not my problem or responsibility. 
Kushberry F.C & Purple Gelato
Forum Admin

Offline Gull

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2023, 02:23:31 PM »
The only thing that really needs organising these days is FL and even that's pretty much dead. I'd be suprised if we keep running 1 16 team FL1 going forward.

Shame to see Telegram chat has ruined FL aswell.

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2023, 02:24:08 PM »
This thread has been viewed over 100 times since it was created by Ty on the 4th October and most of the users who have posted here are also in the Telegram app.

This is what I mean by when I say the forum is dead.

How can you do a comparison when nobody even bothers to post anything in the forums in the first place and even when there is a post, nobody but the same usual people reply....
Forum Admin

Offline Denmark_14

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2023, 02:27:40 PM »
Gull as usual talking shit 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
BALDBEAN FC

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2023, 02:29:21 PM »
The only thing that really needs organising these days is FL and even that's pretty much dead. I'd be suprised if we keep running 1 16 team FL1 going forward.

Shame to see Telegram chat has ruined FL aswell.

It's a shame that nobody bothered to turn up and do a proper job like Brian has for many many seasons, sending 100s of messages every season along with daily reports and making sure the competition runs smoothly and on time.

It's a shame that nobody bothered to update the hall of fame and I had to post and remind but yeh blame Telegram on that sure thing.

I guess you can also blame Telegram for leaving and coming back to this game 100 times.

Forum Admin

Offline Denmark_14

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2023, 02:38:58 PM »
If anyone believes that the telegram chat ruined the forum or FL, you are as thick as Gull. You know full well the forum was dead long before the telegram came along, and FL has been dying for a long time also. It’s the telegram chat that is trying to keep FL running, people in there always offering to help. Where is the non telegram users putting up sign up pages for all those using the forum or organising anything, you just all bitching about nothing.
BALDBEAN FC

Offline Gull

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2023, 02:39:39 PM »
Brian lost interest in FL when everyone started using Telegram and not the forum. If Telegram wasn't "a thing" Brian would still be running FL. That's just my opinion, I'm not offended if anyone disagrees.

Don't get confused with my posts - I said Telegram has obliterated the forum which it has. It's finished. I'm not saying it was buzzing with activity beforehand, but it still existed with the odd post or two to keep you interested. Without the Telegram chat people would post on here still, there's nothing more to it than that.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 02:44:03 PM by Gull »

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2023, 02:48:06 PM »
Brian lost interest in FL when everyone started using Telegram and not the forum. If Telegram wasn't "a thing" Brian would still be running FL. That's just my opinion, I'm not offended if anyone disagrees.

Don't get confused with my posts - I said Telegram has obliterated the forum which it has. It's finished. I'm not saying it was buzzing with activity beforehand, but it still existed with the odd post or two to keep you interested. Without the Telegram chat people would post on here still, there's nothing more to it than that

I am more then sure that is not the reason to why Brian quit running FL. Perhaps Brian can clarify and respond here if he would like to.

I feel like Brian quit running because it was getting repetitive, tiring, frustrating and nothing good was coming out of it. The same reason to why I quit running TCL/TEL/TEC.
We both tried our very best to make this game as appealing as possible but there is only so much a person can do and take and I'm sure Brian like me was starting to feel like he was getting taking advantage of and to clarify not by users but by the incompetence of the owner.
Forum Admin

Offline Banger

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2023, 06:44:18 PM »
Do you not have a smartphone banger?

Nope - Nokia 6310 ;)   

Offline Brian G.

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2023, 12:08:47 AM »

Don't get confused with my posts - I said Telegram has obliterated the forum which it has. It's finished. I'm not saying it was buzzing with activity beforehand, but it still existed with the odd post or two to keep you interested. Without the Telegram chat people would post on here still, there's nothing more to it than that

I am more then sure that is not the reason to why Brian quit running FL. Perhaps Brian can clarify and respond here if he would like to.

I feel like Brian quit running because it was getting repetitive, tiring, frustrating and nothing good was coming out of it. The same reason to why I quit running TCL/TEL/TEC.
We both tried our very best to make this game as appealing as possible but there is only so much a person can do and take and I'm sure Brian like me was starting to feel like he was getting taking advantage of and to clarify not by users but by the incompetence of the owner.

Just to make it clear Telegram had no part in why I quit running the Friendly League. I quit because I was fed up with Managers ignoring my request to them to help me by signing up for the game before they took their end of season break. This was made at the end of every season and it was mostly the same Managers every season that had to be constantly reminded. Managers did not realise how many games of football, Tennis, cricket and meals and family meetings , I missed while I was writing the reports every day. On occasion I would say that I may not be able to do a report on a certain day so if anyone could do one it would help but even though some Managers volunteered, no one actually did a report. Before and just after I started running Friendly League I, and other Managers would do a report on their own leagues as well as the main report. I used to set up a separate place for each league but not many Managers used them and eventually died out. When I took over the Friendly League, Junior said that if he could help anyway let him know. When I asked him for help (such as was there a way that a message could be made to all teams simultaneously} I got no reply at all. He even stopped replying to any message that I sent him. That s why I stopped sending him messages when the game froze up, I thought, if he cannot be bothered to answer someone trying to keep the game going for him, why should I bother. I had been thinking of taking up the Friendly League again but am reluctant because the first thing I would have to do is to ban three teams who repeatedly break the Friendly League rules even though I inform them what they should be doing but they ignore my advice so, to me, are spoiling the Friendly League name. There is much more that I could say but I think I have said too much already.
CSI-Franchise
Forest Supporter since 1955.  Good old Div3(South).
We came, we saw, We conquered.  We will again.🙂😎🙂

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2023, 08:55:59 PM »
You are an absolute legend Brian. I don't know how you have run the FL for so long on your own, brilliant work and full respect. I actually think we should all take a look at what your contribution has been and feel a bit ashamed to see the state of the game as it stands now. If we had 20 Brians, i reckon this site would be thriving.

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2023, 09:07:31 PM »
Messaged Junior tonight on Whatsapp in regards to log in security on SL2 and actually got a reply. If anyone needs anything they want to ask him, please PM me or post in here. I'm planning on bombarding the guy with questions....fed up with everyone being ignored on both SL sites

Offline captain_kush

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2023, 12:07:02 PM »
Messaged Junior tonight on Whatsapp in regards to log in security on SL2 and actually got a reply. If anyone needs anything they want to ask him, please PM me or post in here. I'm planning on bombarding the guy with questions....fed up with everyone being ignored on both SL sites

I have just messaged him to reach out to Brian as he has lost one of his teams.
Maybe you can do the same which will hopefully push him to get Brian's team back at a faster rate before it's to late.
Forum Admin

Offline munkeespuzz

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2023, 01:49:57 PM »

I have just messaged him to reach out to Brian as he has lost one of his teams.
Maybe you can do the same which will hopefully push him to get Brian's team back at a faster rate before it's to late.

I'll do that now mate.