https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: CONFERENCE FOUR  (Read 186267 times)

Offline herbie88

Re: CONFERENCE FOUR
« Reply #510 on: March 21, 2018, 10:21:11 AM »
Certainly looks possible that we will be losing a top team to relegation this season. No Delboy to go AWOL and save one of us. :D

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #511 on: March 21, 2018, 10:33:32 AM »
I'm thinking it could be me, I've had a shocking start to the season, across all my teams and its really dented my confidence.  ???
South Shields

Offline herbie88

« Reply #512 on: March 21, 2018, 12:34:59 PM »
Losing to me will do that to you mate. :P

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #513 on: March 21, 2018, 01:15:04 PM »
Haha, I’ll remember that  ;)
South Shields

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #514 on: March 23, 2018, 06:27:29 PM »
Thoughts after the opening 6 games boys?

I agree with Herbie that we might lose a top team to relegation.  Shakhtar Senseless have made a good start and good luck to them that hey keep it up.  They have been trying for several seasons, up and down between Div 1 and Dive 2  and to make an impact this year would be just reward. 

On that,  I see that last seasons newcomers St Francis are winning all of their games in Div2 so hopefully we will see them back next season with a stronger team that can survive in 411.  Same thing happened to me in my first season back..I went down and came back up again.  The Victors,  who are currently turning out to be The Losers with a 100% record should not lose heart..they will be back the season after next if they keep at it.   

Mr C is setting the pace at the top, unbeaten, and including useful wins over Deca and Steven . SLB Aguias who I  should probably have picked as my dark horse are in second.  Antony is in 3rd,  having been beaten by Deca  and dropped points to Kickstart, but beating me as  predicted.  I'm in the 4th spot that I hope to keep this year (lost to Antony and dropped points to SLB so far )

It's very early days with just 2 points between the 5 teams chasing Mr C  and Deca and Steven will be hoping to break into that top 4. 

I'm not confident for my game against Surreal Madrid tonight despite the fact that they  only have 1 point so far.  The fact that came against Deca worries me. If MR C beats The Grey Hen tonight that could be the start of a mini crises at the bottom for Shelly.

How do you see it going boys?  Will this be Mr C's season?

DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #515 on: March 23, 2018, 09:48:27 PM »
I'm surprised at my start, didn't expect it to be honest but glad to be up there this early on.
Shame I got a 0-0 Draw v Aten!

I reckon it will be a close season again I am not counting my lucky stars just yet I still have to play SLB, DVG and Floriana in my next 4 games I think, I will reevaluate my season then.

I personally think my Squad in C3 (Arsenal Invincibles) is stronger than OCO, they seem to come good in the big games even though they are slightly younger in (SWC's)

I actually expected to be near the top in C3 and lower down in C4 but I lye in 8th in C3 but was handed a ridiculous first 6 games to navigate.

Going to be interesting how it all turns out. Just need to extend the lead at the top whilst I have the chance.

Mr C
Ocean City Orioles - C1
Arsenals Invincibles  - C4
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline herbie88

« Reply #516 on: March 24, 2018, 02:03:42 AM »
Its been a great start to the season. I really could do with a point against Steve today otherwise I think I'm going to freefall.

Great start Cobra congrats mate, hope you can keep it up.

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #517 on: March 24, 2018, 11:37:32 AM »
Crumbs!  I called that one.  Surreal Madrid claim their second point of the season, against me.  I probably talked myself into that. 
DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #518 on: March 27, 2018, 10:32:49 AM »
No complaints last night. Well played David.
I knew my good run would end last night :(
Ocean City Orioles - C1
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #519 on: March 27, 2018, 11:57:45 PM »
Cheeers Mr C.  I always think a 2-5-3 is vulnerable to a 5-2-3  longball in the rain but who knows and I will keep watching.  Its use offormations like yours that keeps the game interesting.
DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI

Offline herbie88

« Reply #520 on: March 29, 2018, 02:07:48 PM »
3 game losing streak dragging me back into were I belong.

Pretty happy with the last two performances, losing 2-1 to DVG and 1-0 to SLB. However, I really need to start picking up points.

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #521 on: March 30, 2018, 03:07:54 PM »
I know how you feel Herbie, however I'm quite the opposite, my teams are deservedly losing because I haven't got the tactics right...I've decided to stop studying players and just throw any tactics out now, and see how trying to be "Unpredictable" goes for me...If I get relegated, I get relegated, but may as well try something new since nothing seems to be working for me.

I've been trying to see if the 4-2-4 formation works, to try and counter this 2-5-3 system people use, but I've not had a game yet to beat the tactics with someone playing 2-5-3 yet to see if it works or not, since not many people use this system it's hard to test, and I really need the game to be in long-ball conditions to optimise 4-2-4.
South Shields

Offline davidvangaal

« Reply #522 on: March 31, 2018, 01:58:08 AM »
A lot of big games in the conference tonight  but my picks of the bunch are:

Wolf berry Tomatoes v Robbos Reds   

Very strange to see Robbos Reds in the relegation places after 11 games.  I can't imagine that they wont fight back but Herbie is a determined manager and tonight will be a tough test for both .  A win for Herbie will put him in a strong position.  A win for the Reds will open up a real battle between Herbie, Shakhtar, Shellyboy and Robbos Reds. Not quite a "must win"  for Robbos Reds but close as they currently sit  3 points off safety and wont want to see that extended to  6.

Ocean City v Floriana

The joint leaders go head to head tonight.  Nothing will be decided but the winner will feel more confident. A draw could see 4 teams sharing the lead.  8)

DAVID VG

DVG Stars
Westeros XI

Offline mr_cobra

« Reply #523 on: March 31, 2018, 10:12:39 AM »
 8)
Ocean City Orioles - C1
London Heat Colts - C6
The Wizard of Ozil - C7

Offline shellyboy100

« Reply #524 on: March 31, 2018, 12:41:20 PM »
Got DVG tonight, and I'm out of Midfielders to play 4-5-1, so may aswell try out 4-2-4 again  8)
South Shields