https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: George Foreman Grills..?  (Read 7833 times)

Offline harv

George Foreman Grills..?
« on: April 19, 2012, 01:55:04 AM »
Was thinking of getting one tomorrow. Are they any good..?

Was thinking of getting the one with a temperature control to save me burning anything lol.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline jman

Re: George Foreman Grills..?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 09:10:48 AM »
They are good and healthy to use.. the worst thing about them is that you have to clean them out after every single use.. if I was to buy another one.. I'd get one where you can dishwash the grill plates.. temperature control seems like a unnecessary addition.. surely you just want the grill to be HOT...

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 09:49:39 AM »
Just thought that a temperature gauge would stop thick ingredients from burning on the outside and not cooking in the middle. Was thinking about one with separate plates too. Might just toss a coin lol :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 01:26:26 PM »
Got one from Argos for 45 quid, could have got the same one from Tesco Direct for a fiver cheaper but then I'd have to wait for them to deliver it to either my place or my local Tescos. Got the one with removable plates and no temperature control in the end.

Got myself some steaks and chicken breasts to go along with my beef grillsteaks and gammon I bought the other day.

The only complaints I have so far are that the power cord is bloomin short and I don't seem to have a plastic spatula which is a bit of a pain.

Going to start with some gammon steaks later on tonight ;D

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 03:17:59 PM »
I thought this thread was going to be about some wierd science experiment to cross a former world heavyweight champion and a supposed intrepid explorer so the BBC could make a series about an explorer who goes out and challenges the natives to boxing matches.

8)
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

bosox

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 03:20:14 PM »
They sort of suck, I think. As was mentioned, you have to clean them out every time, and god forbid you use any sort of cheese in something like a panini, as it will burn and stick to the "non-stick" surface every time. It also doesn't cook evenly at all... the bars will burn the part of the meat/sandwich while other parts aren't cooked as much. Have you ever seen what comes out of a regular grill after each use? I think the Foreman grill just has a nice little grease/fat pan that shows you all that is expelled, but I can't imagine it's much more than what happens normally.

gldntrmite13

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 04:29:01 PM »
I actually own 2 different Foremans and like them both...

Smaller version for quick cooking / sandwich making etc..

Larger version looks like an outdoor grill, i use it when it's raining outside and i want to grill... love them both and i can deal with the cleaning aspect.

Offline harv

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 06:19:54 PM »
You have to clean them out every time..? Have seen complaints like this in reviews...doesn't everyone clean their oven grill pan after using it every time..? Unless I'm seriously OCD'ed this is normal, isn't it..? Lololol

Will report back on the state of my gammon in a few hours :P

Offline larry

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 08:42:43 PM »
doesn't everyone clean their oven grill pan after using it every time..? Unless I'm seriously OCD'ed this is normal, isn't it..? Lololol

Yes, well i do anyway!

We've go a foreman grill ourselfs, but never use it. We just use the cooker grill.

Offline jman

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 10:18:48 PM »
Isnt it just normal to cover your grill pan with foil so you dont have to clean the whole pan each time.. good luck trying to do the same thing with a george foreman lol

Offline harv

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 10:50:08 PM »
Have never been a fan of bunging foil on grills myself.

Edit: Just done a lovely gammon steak cooked to perfection with chips and peas. Bloomin lovely 8)

Haven't eaten gammon for a few years for some reason, forgot how tasty it was. ;D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:31:13 AM by harv »

gldntrmite13

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 12:27:27 AM »
I've got a family of 5, using mine is quick and easy. Cleaning the hot plates really isn't that hard in my opinion..

Offline Late

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 01:02:00 AM »
I think we've got some sort of oven or something like that. Not sure cos I'm a bloke, and the kitchen's women's territory...
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

gldntrmite13

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 02:32:38 AM »
Just used mine, cooked 5 chicken breast and 5 thighs on the large grill, wiped it down after it cooled and put it back in the garage... so much easier than firing up the grill outside...

Offline harv

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 07:27:35 PM »
Can't believe that so many people have complained about cleaning the things during online reviews. Couldn't be simpler, all it needs is a wipe with a cloth after it's cooled. Some of these idiots are even cleaning it hot, leaving their food to go cold whilst doing it lol. Even if it didn't have removable plates it'd steel be a breeze to clean the thing. :o

Going to do a bit of chile con carnage in a bit so won't grill anything until tomorrow for my dinner, sausages next I think 8)

Edit: Sausages went well too, had a sausage sandwich with my homemade bread, bloomin lovely. Really glad I bought one of these now. ;D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 10:01:01 PM by harv »