https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Can You Play A Musical Instrument..?  (Read 14622 times)

Offline Momo

Re: Can You Play A Musical Instrument..?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 06:47:57 PM »
Is this "Funky" enough for you?

Offline harv

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 09:07:29 PM »
Not too bad, but you really need a Wah-Wah pedal to get that real authentic funk guitar sound. Gives you that Starsky and Hutch guitar sound which I've always loved. Best thing about all this is that just now I've combined this with a chord progression that I've been messing about with for a while and it sounds great. Was playing it pretty clean with a bit of delay and it wasn't going anywhere until I added a bit of Wah-Wah and funked it up a bit. Was basically a two chord progression, 1 and 2 in Am, with an Am7 and Bm7 turning each chord into a 9th. Have added a 5 in there now, and did something else which sounded really cool but I've completely forgotten what I did lol :-[ ;D

I'm always doing that, used to do that all the time when rehearsing with a couple of bands I was with, used to drive the other band members nuts lololol ;D ;D ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2013, 07:01:46 PM »
Decided to throw caution to the winds and bought myself a violin from eBay for £32.99.

Bloody thing hasn't arrived yet either >:(
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 05:43:32 PM »
Got it a couple of hours ago!. Took me a while to get it setup, get it in tune and apply enough rosin on the bow so that I could get a sound out of it but it deosn't sound too bad. I've attached a pic to this post.

Offline harv

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 12:47:33 PM »
Aw bollocks...have been doing pretty well paying off some of my credit card debts but have just fallen off the wagon lol :-[ ;D

Have been checking out Floyd Rose guitars because I'm planning on writing a space rock opera during these next few years and I'm bound to need some dive bombing goodness somewhere along the line. Have been checking out eBay for a while looking for aabargain and found one yesterday.

It's a Chord CSS78-BK, never heard of Chord guitars before but they're usually average £200 new, cheapest I'd seen was £150. They have a licenced Floyd Rose trem and licenced Wilkinson HSH pickups.

According to the listing they've been sitting in a storage warehouse in their boxes so need a clean, frets polished and restringing. Because of that they're going for 63 quid plus postage so I'm basically getting a £200 guitar for £80.95 8) 8) 8)

Nice!!! ;D

Will add pics when I get it on Tuesday/Wednesday...although will shrink them before posting this time lol :P

Offline harv

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 06:54:15 PM »
Got my new guitar delivered today, will post pics as soon as I get through the nightmare of doing my very first Floyd Rose setup. Took the old strings off all at once to treat the fingerboard and polish the frets, the guy on eBay wasn't kidding when he said it needed a clean, fret polish and new strings...it was fucking filthy. Still a bit of tarnish on a few of the frets but it's playable now, if I had some wire wool I would have finished the job and got them 100% spotless.

The action appears to be nice and low, only have 4 out of 6 strings on at the moment and not sure if there's any fret buzz, the intonation appears to be a little sharp on all strings but I'll have to wait and see what happens when all 6 strings are on and the floating bridge is set right. Have a t-shirt holding the bridge in place at the moment so will whip that out when all strings are on and in tune.

Weird how simple it all is, most people take their Floyd Rose guitars to a shop to get them setup thinking it's a complicated process but it's quite easy to do really.

Going to be dive bombing real soon hopefully! ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 12:39:50 AM »

There you go, a pic of my new baby sitting next to Georgie Porgie. Haven't quite fot the setup done yet, should have it finished tomorrow. A real bargain for 80 quid. 8)