https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Sunday League Desert Island Discs  (Read 8553 times)

Offline harv

Sunday League Desert Island Discs
« on: July 07, 2012, 11:36:04 PM »
Can't remember how many the radio show gave you, so I'm giving you 5 albums to listen to for the rest of your life.

Mine are:

1. Chick Corea - The Mad Hatter
2. Yes - Yessongs
3. Rush - All The World's A Stage
4. Joe Satriani - Surfing With The Alien
5. Steely Dan - Aja

And yes, as you can see above, you are allowed double albums 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Dragontao

Re: Sunday League Desert Island Discs
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 01:37:50 PM »
Impossible to pick just 5. Every time I come up with 5 I think of some more.

Do box sets or anthologies count? If so then Direction Reaction Creation by the Jam is number 1 on all of my lists.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 03:19:05 PM »
Nope, just double albums...and some may say that even including double albums is cheating lol
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 07:51:39 PM »
I'm with drags it's impossible.....

Im thinking I'd definately need a Zeppelin album in there, then there is early Genesis and Yes, then I'd like an ELP album and I've forgot about Bowie. Rush are one of my favourites, as are the Kinks, King Crimson and the Stones. I know Queen and Elton John aren't everyone's favourites but they made some amazing music.

And I've still failed to get a Jam, Stranglers or Madness album in and they are a must. I love early Sting solo albums and his work with Police, then the bands I shouldn't like but do......like Duran Duran and Spandau and possibly the best pop rock band in ELO.

And still I haven't even mentioned the ladies.........Joan Armatrading, Patti Smith, Annie Lennox, Chrissie Hyde etc etc or Americans like Simon and Garfunkel, or their rock bands  .........Jeez Harv it really is impossible.

Just as I've re read this post, I've remembered The Who, U2, Thin Lizzy, Gabriel, Dire Straits ...............I bloody give up. ;)

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 08:24:23 PM »
Only having 5 albums makes it a real challenge. Stop wussing out lol. ;D

nyjyrk

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 08:39:58 PM »
Excluding live, compilation, greatest hits, etc. and only going with studio releases.....

- Metallica "Master of Puppets"
- Ramones "Rocket to Russia"
- Misfits "Static Age"
- Iron Maiden "Piece of Mind"
- Black Sabbath "Vol. IV"

Offline harv

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 09:16:03 PM »
You can include those if you want though mate. And a double album counts as 1 CD. ;D

Offline styles

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 11:44:25 PM »
That's what i call music 1-5

Sorted
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.