https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: OUYA  (Read 5076 times)

Offline Late

OUYA
« on: July 12, 2012, 08:07:28 AM »
Bringing android gaming to a console on your TV at a cheap price (c£90), designed to be "hackable", and every game to be available for free in one form or another. Sounds a very interesting proposition, and worth taking a punt on at that price.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

Re: OUYA
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 11:55:38 AM »
[Link] to their kickstarter campaign (theres a trailer there about the product too if you can put up with the annoying woman with the annoying eyebrows)...

I heard about this yesterday.. didnt think it was that newsworthy as I cant see it working to be honest.. who wants to pay £90 to play FREE android games on their tv.. not me!! Also, none of the games will be optimized for tv play so the idea of starting with no back catalogue would be a bit offputting.

Offline Late

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 12:09:12 PM »
I'd imagine it'll be relatively easy to make a lot of existing android games compatible with the console.
The kickstarter has been an incredible success (so I guess there's a lot of people got faith in it) - their target was $1m in a month, and they got double that in the first 24 hours (and it's currently at $3.8m) so there's ample funding to get it up and running and lots of sales before the console's even been designed.

Looking forward to it, personally. Nice to see a different approach, with the "feel free to modify and create" attitude that's part and parcel of the Android community; and it's a fantastic way for indie developers to blossom.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Late

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 01:18:37 PM »
Now confirmed to have XBMC and OnLive. Not too bothered about OnLive, but I'm long overdue to get XBMC.
This thing's definitely looking interesting.

ETA: March 2013.