https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: What Music Are You Listening To Now..?  (Read 63221 times)

Offline Dragontao

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Now..?
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2012, 03:13:48 AM »
Been back for a little while from Hard Rock Calling, watching Springsteen and a few other bands.

Jack Savoretti and a couple of others on one of the smaller stages were pretty good. John Fogerty was pretty good but the highlight of his set was when Springsteen came on at the end and sang Rocking All Over the World with Fogerty.

Then it was Springsteen's turn. As usual, bloody excellent. If you've never seen him live you really need to before he stops performing. The E-street band are superb musicians and with Steve Van Zandt and Nils Lofgren both in the band they are even better. Clarence Clemons nephew has taken over from the big man on sax and was damned good as well.

Bruce definitely doesn't play because he needs the money or help in selling records. He plays because he loves it, as do the likes of Van Zandt. 3 hrs and 10 minutes on stage and he only stopped because the miserable toads turned the speakers off to stop him carrying on, which was a bloody disgrace considering he was just finishing his second song with Paul McCartney, who had been brought on as a special guest (which was pretty damned awesome in itself), what a version of Twist and Shout that was. That menat no encore and no tribute to Clarence Clemons. Totally disrespectful to Springsteen and McCartney to do what they did in the manner they did it. 

Apparently there was a 10:30 curfew on a Saturday night because it upsets the residents in the area. Well I hope that the organisers take Hard Rock Calling elsewhere and tell Kensington Borough where to poke it. The festival brings in enough revenue for them.

I think Sir Paul should have a word with Queeny and tell her that the Royal Borough of Kensington should have the Royal taken away from it. There were a lot of people made happy by the music, made very unhappy at the end by the organisers.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2012, 03:53:52 PM »
Popped into Asda to get some lunch on my way home from the physio, picked up the new Train album for £4.97. Now if only they sold all CDs for that price.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Late

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2012, 02:56:28 PM »
Free Madonna tickets (Awaiting Approval)
Started by Late
Note: This message is awaiting approval by a moderator.

Pfft. Stupid forums.

Will duplicate here since it's probably a time sensitive offer...

Not remotely interested, myself, but:
LINK

Free Madonna tickets, for this Saturday in Edinburgh.
Not sure if it's deliberate, or a glitch. Either way I'd imagine you need to be fast to stand a chance.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2012, 03:15:42 PM »
Dont know whats worse, going to see Madonna or going to Edinburgh  :P ;D

P.S.  Any new topics with a link in the first post always needs to be approved first.. bit stupid.. but stops the crap spambots I guess

Offline Momo

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 08:02:37 PM »

Offline Momo

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2012, 09:52:41 AM »

Offline Momo

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2012, 11:44:24 PM »

Offline Momo

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2012, 04:17:02 PM »

Offline Momo

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2012, 08:53:16 AM »

Offline Momo

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2012, 08:17:35 AM »
Keith Moon's love child................Sharp Dressed Man.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2012, 11:13:14 AM »
Swent and saw Seether at the Electric Ballroom in Camden last night. Great gig once they sorted out the sound levels on the vocals, which took them about 5 or 6 songs and was really annoying. Great live band though.

Support were an old school heavy metal band called Heaven's Basement and they were very good live. Excellent guitarist and the vocalist was superb.

Offline Momo

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2012, 08:34:22 PM »
Would this work on the 'X' Tractor.

I Am A Man Of Constant Sorrow..

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2012, 12:10:41 PM »
I personally quite like that but then I have very eclectic musical tastes.

Got my ticket to see Springsteen again at Wembley next year. Waiting to see who's on at Hard Rock calling as well.
Springsteen concert clashes with the IoW festival this year, but they are selling day tickets again, rather than just whole weekend tickets, so may get a ticket for Sunday at the IoW.

Offline Momo

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2012, 06:58:48 PM »
A wee Winter Solstice pressy for the Dragon..........

Treat Yo Mama.

Offline harv

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2012, 07:28:15 PM »
I've been in a real folk-rock mood lately. When they first started out Heart were a fantastic folk-rock group, their first two albums - Dreamboat Annie and Little Queen - were outstanding. Here's Dreamboat Annie.

They've also done a live unplugged album, On The Road Home which is the dog's bollocks. 8)
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever