https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: What Music Are You Listening To Now..?  (Read 65440 times)

Offline harv

Re: What Music Are You Listening To Now..?
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2013, 06:21:49 PM »
Best. Guitar. Effects. Pedal. EVAR!!!!!!! :o

Fuck knows how much it costs BUT I WANT ONE!!! 8)

Edit: Got so excited I forgot to post the link lol :-[ ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:24:33 PM by harv »
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline harv

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2013, 10:32:18 PM »
Cheapest I've seen is £157 with free delivery, got some bonus bagging to do when I'm feeling up to it and am getting some money refunded by my landlord due to one of the other flats being connected to my electricity meter without my realising it :o Turns out I've been paying for his electricity!!! >:( Have only got £470 worth of receipts too which is a right bugger so he'll probably only refund half, this has been going on for a couple of years I think >:( >:( >:(

Has to be the best pedal I've ever heard, I've always loved the sound of the sitar...was thinking about buying one some time in the future.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline harv

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2013, 04:17:47 PM »
Make that the second best pedal ever made, the HOG 2 basically turns your guitar into a synth lol. Keyboard sounds, cello sounds and best of all violin sounds. Fucking amazing but it's waaaay out of my league in terms of finances...it's about 300 quid :o

I've been thinking of buying a DIY violin kit because I've always wanted to play one so will probably do that because it's going to be a great deal cheaper than a HOG 2 lol.

Offline Momo

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2013, 06:06:33 PM »

Offline Momo

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »

Offline jman

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2013, 03:30:27 PM »
Bit of classical music is striking a chord today  ;)

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2013, 06:07:48 PM »

lol. But it does have a nice tune doesn't it.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2013, 06:50:47 PM »

lol. But it does have a nice tune doesn't it.

;D +1

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2013, 06:25:47 PM »

The great thing about music, is you always rediscover little gems from years gone by, that you've forgot about. The first concert I went to was The Jam on the Modern World tour................I absolutely love this song, but probably hadn't heard it for 30+ years.....2 mins 50 secs of brilliance from Weller....enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr0RJP4-kns

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2013, 07:01:40 PM »
The Jam, my all time favourite band.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline chelseachelsea

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2013, 09:04:17 PM »
The Jam, my all time favourite band.

I had the good fortune to see The Jam live 3 times, between 77 and 82. All the gigs were great, but the first as it was my first gig, was so special. It was at Bracknell Leisure Centre, I was 14 really naive, and wore my black school blazer (without the badge which had been ripped off on the train to Bracknell), white shirt and a black shoe lace tie, thought I looked the dogs bollocks, but probably just Bollocks. ;D

I can't say i meet Paul Weller, Rick or Bruce.................. but it was the kind of gig, that as I was waiting for a lift home with my mate in the car park, the band and a few roadies were loading their gear into a van. :o

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2013, 10:01:38 PM »
Saw them live 6 times in total, including their last ever official gig at the Brighton centre, though people I've spoken to since said they played a smaller intimate gig after that but I've found no record of it.

I met the band once at Portsmouth Guildhall and got their autographs. 1981 I think (it was the year Funeral Pyre was released - how nice it was when bands could release stand alone singles without them being leaders for an album).

Jam gigs were great because, if the venue allowed it, if you got there early enough and queued, they'd let those people who were there really early in to watch the sound check. So you'd end up with a mini concert of three or four songs and they'd chat to fans and sign autographs. Bruce Foxton told me how pissed off they were that Funeral Pyre didn't make number one - it really is a brilliant track. Weller is probably responsible for me being the bane of many a future bosses' life (not to mention my teachers for the following year) because he told a slightly impressionable and very stubborn 15 year old never to take any shit from anyone.

After that gig I had bruises on my chest and stomach from being crushed against the barrier in front of ther mosh pit at the front for the whole gig but at the end of it Weller handed me his plectrum. I was one very awestruck 15 year old kid lol.

Offline harv

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2013, 10:42:19 PM »
My Mum had all of the Beatles' autographs on one piece of paper donkey's years ago but cut them up and sold them when our family needed money. She kept Paul McCartney and John Lennon though. The things parents do to feed their kids :o :-\ :o

Bet she's wished she let me and my brother starve since then lol :P ;D :P

I've paid some of that back a little though because I wrote to David Beckham in 1998 asking him to send my Mum an autograph and he sent her a proper signed photo. Was expecting a print at best, that's why I won't have a word said against him. ;D

Offline harv

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2013, 09:57:19 PM »
This is brilliant lol ;D ;D ;D

Offline Momo

« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2013, 03:11:20 PM »