https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: Telly Programmes That Need A Comeback..?  (Read 5260 times)

Offline harv

Telly Programmes That Need A Comeback..?
« on: December 15, 2012, 05:28:57 PM »
I watched the last half hour of the United match on Setanta earlier (had a hospital appointment to get my eyes checked out so missed the rest of it >:( ) and was thinking about Special One TV which Setanta used to show before the match a couple of seasons ago. The puppets are very Spitting Image looking so was thinking that I'd really love to see that programme making a comeback. It was brilliant.

Drop The Dead Donkey was also excellent.

So what would you like to see either making a comeback or being remade..? We've got Hawaii 5-0 already, have had Battlestar Galactica. I'd quite like to see The Incredible Hulk being remade, I used to love that programme when I was a kid...'Mr McGee...don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...' :o ;D 8) ;D

Tiswas also needs to make a comeback!!!
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline Late

Re: Telly Programmes That Need A Comeback..?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 01:44:16 AM »
Pfft!
New stuff instead, please.
I don't get your obsession with the eighties and nineties. They were alright at the time, but entertainment (TV, movies, gaming) has moved forward a lot since then.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 03:38:59 PM »
I've said it before. Modern take on Hill Street Blues. Not a remake but just a continuation if you like in modern times. Classic cop show. Plenty of scope still for involving some of the old cast as well as using the kids of characters from the original show into a remake. Furillo and Belker had kids, there's Fabian, the adopted kid that Bates took on.

Furillo could be the mayor now or Chief of police.

I didn't much like the original Hulk series. Changed the name of the main character, the only real way it was like the comic book was that he was big and green. The proper character of the Hulk works well in the movies but in the context of a TV show, don't think so.

Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline styles

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 07:48:16 PM »
Danger mouse
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline harv

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 10:54:59 PM »
Danger Mouse was fantastic!!! ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever