https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 151687 times)

Offline jman

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 03:58:21 PM »
Ah but did you notice the first few episodes have the lesser known extended theme tune that the later episodes dont, only a true FPOBA fan knows all the words to the extended version  ;)

And congratulations on spelling Afghanistan correctly too late.. despite never going there or for that matter, fighting there.... least he cant knock the education in good ol blighty!!  ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 04:09:46 PM »
I thought the first full series had the extra verse - was surprised to see they shortened it after only approx five episodes. I confess I don't know the "extra" verse by heart.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 06:54:59 PM »
we whipped your butts in the revolutionary war we would do it again  ;D

This from a country that call a game where the feet hardly ever get used to make contact with the ball "football".  And now you're complaining cos we call it a telly :P

As for kicking our butts in the revolution, you were on home turf last time. This time we'll send our massive navy against you, with our aircraft carriers and ... erm, aircraft carrier ...

... what, wait a minute, what do you mean we haven't got any fighter jets to go on our aircraft carriers? Oh crap, well sod it, if the yanks can call a game where the feet are hardly ever used football, we can call ships that don't have any aircraft "aircraft carriers".

Never mind, our SBS and SAS will still kick your special forces butts. So we'll call that a moral victory.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 07:11:47 PM »
no no i say tv you say pass the tee and crumpets you crooked tooth brits

As for crooked toothed Brits, we've seen representatives of your Southern states, where a boys mother is also his sister. We've even sent Jerry Springer over there to do a regular review of your people ...

... and that's tea and crumpets by the way. Oh and the language you speak, that's right, it's English (well, as Late said, a bastardised form of it). If we hadn't given you English, you'd be speaking in a variation of some tribe's dialect, you know, those tribes who are the real Americans. Which is also why you bastardise the English language, because most of you don't know what your real origins are. A bit of Dutch, a sprinkling of Irish and pinch of this and a dash of that, mixed with a liberal spattering of latino.

:P :P :P
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 07:38:24 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fys3MsKMpms

and you shouldn't let these people breed, let alone vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIcV4N1qvss

;)  :P
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:51:13 PM by Dragontao »

armyholmes

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 08:45:10 PM »
i would make fun of the french but thats like picking on the retarted kid in school, its just not cool :D

Offline harv

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 02:25:30 AM »
i would make fun of the french but thats like picking on the retarted kid in school, its just not cool :D

Lmfao, you couldn't make it up. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline bealec

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2012, 08:37:19 AM »

Lmfao, you couldn't make it up. ;D

It must be quite hard to type when you have 6 fingers on each hand.

Offline harv

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2012, 09:44:43 AM »
Great for playing the banjo though :P
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2012, 10:07:38 AM »
...Gonna have to get me one of those cheapo little media players (simvision or similar). My Bluray will play most things, but I've got a growing number of tv programs and films that won't work - and I know most (or all) will play on one of those little players as I recently bought one for the kids. (Could bring that one downstairs, but it's all wired in behind their telly so it's a bit of a chew to keep moving it around.) They're only about £20-£30 but I keep thinking "just leave it another month and a better one will be available" or "pay the extra - get a small form pc with xbmc on".
Get your hand in your pocket and just bloody buy one, Late......
Done. Got myself the Sumvision Cyclone Micro 2+. Cracking little player - has played everything I've thrown at it (including divx/xvid/mkv/mp4/m4v). My bdp played most files, but this plays everything. The unit's only weak point is the remote control - which is poorly designed (blue writing on a black unit, so can be difficult to read the button labels; and some strange layout choices) but it only took a few minutes to reconfigure my Harmony remote to control it. Damn but I love my Harmony.
Anyways, I definitely recommend that media player to anyone who's looking for something along those lines. I paid £32 for it, but you occasionally see it for around £25. There are other models in the range that can be had cheaper, and it's a fantastic and cheap way of bringing avi/mkv to another telly...
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2012, 11:58:19 PM »
I've got a Samsung D5300 and that plays most things, I've not found something it doesn't play yet. I had an older model Samsung which wouldn't play some formats that this one will. Relatively cheap starting at around £90 depending on where you buy it. Got mine with my reward points from my credit card, so even better. Nice range of features. Apparently you can plug an external USB hard disk into the USB port, but I haven't tried that yet.   

For anything that doesn't play I have a couple of cheap media players with hard disks fitted and a pc plugged straight into the vga port of the tv.

Offline harv

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2012, 03:18:30 AM »
I've got my PC plugged into one of my HDMI ports. 1080p at 24Hz, looks bloody lovely when I download something in 1080p-o-vision...although technically my telly isn't supposed to support that. Got a warning that popped up when I adjusted my Windows display settings but my telly hasn't blown up...yet lol :P

Limits on electronic devices are made to be broken ;)

Offline jman

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2012, 07:32:13 AM »
Yup, same here, I can stream pretty much anything to my telly, even straight from the net. Set up playlists of music/video and can then just fire them straight to the tv without the need for an extra bit of hatdware, my tv is badass!!

Although saying that, I usually just let my 360 do all the streaming I want

Offline harv

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2012, 09:37:47 AM »
Best thing about my telly is that it only cost £249.99 ;D

A 37" Full HDTV with Freeview with black being nice and black and no motion blur, ghosting and absolutely no input lag whatsoever. It's basically a £400+ telly but bought it when that model was being discontinued. March/April is always the best time to buy a new telly 8)

Offline Late

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2012, 11:03:42 AM »
Pfft - I dunno how you get by with a portable in this day and age. (Anything under 42" is of course considered a portable telly :P )

My front room's only 11' square, but I couldn't stand to have anything smaller than my 50". Half wish I'd gone with 60" tbh. My only regret is only having 720p. Should've paid the extra for 1080p (but at the time I had no bluray, no hd channels, etc. so 720p seemed more than adequate).

Would like to have a pc hooked into it, but it'd have to be a small form unit with xbmc or similar.

Not massively interested in streaming, as I'm very happy with my current set up, but it's something I should probably sort out at some point. At present I've got over 5tb of hard drives on the pc (pretty much all full of tv/films) but nothing is "shared" - cos there's a few things on there I don't want the wife and kids stumbling into... Need to delete them, put 'em on a removable drive, or stick them on a hidden partition/drive at some point, but I'm in no rush - my current set up is great.