https://cryptopricetracking.com

Author Topic: The Telly Thread  (Read 170609 times)

Offline jman

Re: The Telly Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2012, 04:36:58 PM »
Last ever Harry Hill TV Burp to air on saturday.. should be a doozy!!  :P ;D

Offline Late

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2012, 05:59:43 PM »
.. . until the next series - which he reportedly agreed to last week.
Pretend I have a cool signature thing here.
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline jman

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2012, 06:52:23 PM »
Someone in the audience confirmed it was the last show though as it was recorded the other day... shame... I love watching YBF and TV Burp!!

Offline harv

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2012, 02:07:56 AM »
Have just started watching American Horror Story and it's excellent so far, am on Episode 5. Great stuff, well worth a download imo. ;D
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever

Offline bealec

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2012, 11:09:28 AM »
So Rick revealed what Dr Jenner said to him (in the final of series 1) in the finale of Series two.

I'm a little underwhelmed by what he said. I won't spoil it in case any haven't watched but it was built up to be a big thing and wasn't really.

Offline Late

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:15 PM »
Was still a good episode though. Didn't like that they'd all semi-settled in one place for the series but some of the kills were fantastic, and I'm intrigued by the hooded character. Surprised nobody in the group opted to use swords (or perhaps nobody happened across any).
I did, but the host site died and I can't be arsed to find an alternative right now...

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2012, 09:56:29 PM »
Started watching "Breakout Kings". Watched the first 6 episodes of season one (Which has 13 episodes). U.S Marshalls use a team of convicts to catch other convicts who have escaped. Episode 3 features T-Bag from Pirson Break and is pretty good (it was the reason I got the series and I watched that one first).

First season only has 13 episodes so it must have been close to cancellation but got renewed, season two is airing now.

It's an interesting premise with some reasonably good characters with some room for development. An element of humour. Nothing special but still watchable. Good for passing the time while I'm signed off work.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline harv

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2012, 10:05:21 PM »
Was still a good episode though. Didn't like that they'd all semi-settled in one place for the series but some of the kills were fantastic, and I'm intrigued by the hooded character. Surprised nobody in the group opted to use swords (or perhaps nobody happened across any).

I'm surprised that the redneck hasn't ditched his crossbow for a longbow tbh. Too much of a pain in the arse to reload. First thing I'd do would be to make a longbow and teach everyone how to shoot. They're going to run out of ammunition at some point for their shooters. :-\
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Offline Late

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2012, 02:50:17 AM »
Episode 3 features T-Bag from Pirson Break and is pretty good (it was the reason I got the series and I watched that one first).

Amongst other shows, I'm working my way through Star Trek Next Gen at the moment (currently near the end of series 1), and saw him in that a few days ago, looking young.

I'm surprised that the redneck hasn't ditched his crossbow for a longbow tbh. Too much of a pain in the arse to reload. First thing I'd do would be to make a longbow and teach everyone how to shoot. They're going to run out of ammunition at some point for their shooters. :-\

Pfft - I seem to recall from the old forums that the first thing you'd do is plant a load of crops...

Offline harv

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 03:45:31 AM »
I also said that I'd use a longbow rather than a gun. It's silent and your arrows can be reused. But that was a plague type of situation not a zombie apocalypse. Mind you, my survival plan would be exactly the same.

Offline bealec

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2012, 10:10:58 AM »
I want Carl and Lori to die. They both annoy the crap out of me. That kid doesn't listen and Lori is useless.

Offline harv

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2012, 12:59:07 AM »
Am now watching series 2 of NYPD Blue and there's another cameo by an ex Hill Street Blues star, this time Frank's missus, Fay. David Caruso who played the leader of the Shamrocks gang, Dennis Franz who played detective Buntz, Charles Haid who played Renko and, best of all, the black guy that used to get arrested every five minutes for flashing lololol...and he did exactly the same thing in NYPD Blue - takes off his flasher's mac and shouts, "I'm butt naked!!!" Lololol ;D

Going to be interesting to see how many others appear, although the possibilities are somewhat limited by some of the Hill Street Blues cast dying before 93. :(

It's a great series anyway, don't know how I missed it years ago considering that it was created in part by Steve Bocho who also created Hill Street Blues and L.A. Law. I've downloaded the first series of the latter too. ;D

Edit: Bloody hell, a schizophrenic on there has a pair of in-ear Sony headphones. I'd kill to get hold of a pair of those from the early 90s. They used to unclip so that you could resolder them when the connection started to go. Later on they glued them together to stop you from fixing them. Had a pair that got nicked with a Sony Walkman that I had. Wasn't a happy bunny, best headphones I've ever had >:(
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 12:01:14 PM by harv »

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2012, 12:03:42 AM »
Am now watching series 2 of NYPD Blue and there's another cameo by an ex Hill Street Blues star, this time Frank's missus, Fay.

The reason for so many ex HSB's actors appearing in NYPD blue is because it was a Stephen Bochco show. Barbara Bosson who played fay Furillo was married to him at the time.

On eof the reasons she didn't appear in the final season of HSB (and also opne of the reasons it went downhill a bit) was because Bochco was effectively fired during/at the end of season 5 for the show costing too much.

HSB is probably my all time favourite TV show. I really want them to do a remake of it (but a better job than they have of other 80's shows they have resurrected), plenty of scope for guest appearances from former characters. If I was writing it, Furillo would now be the mayor, his kid would be a cop, bringing him into conflict with his dad. A few of the characters had kids who could be cops/characters in the show (Belker's kid, Fabian (Lucy Bates' adopted kid, Goldblume's kid etc). Would be interesting to see what they could do with it now.
Choosing which political party to vote for is like trying to decide if you'd rather have syphilis, gonorrhea or herpes.

Offline styles

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2012, 10:45:55 PM »
Had taped Friday night lights and watched it this week. generally like us football films but wasn't sure what to expect. thoughts it was great. looking forward to the 5 series of it to come
Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Work hard, be nice.

Offline Dragontao

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2012, 05:22:01 PM »
Quite enjoyed the first season of Breakout Kings in the end and have watched the first 4 episodes of the second season.

Spartacus: Vengeance finished last night. Very good season finale. Can't wait for the third installment now (4th if you inlcude the prequel). Bought the Gods of the Arena and Blood and Sand box sets pretty cheap on Play. In the end I thought Liam McIntyre who took over as Spartacus from Andy Whitfield did a really good job, looked enough like Andy Whitfield to carry it off and played the part well too. Quite a lot of historical accuracy so far, although mostly based on Plutarch's writings it would seem, mixed in with a fair spattering of creative license. A few of the most prominent characters from the first three series killed off in the final episode.

I'd love to see the people who make Spartacus do a TV adaptation of Conan the Barbarian. The film versions, even the latest one (although it was a bit better than the Arnie versions) have not captured the character or stories well at all. The fantasy/swordplay genre seems to be doing well at the moment with Spartacus and Game of Thrones. If a Conan series was shot in the same vein as Spartacus and aimed at an adult audience in the same way, without having to pander to as wide an audience as possible for cinema release, I think they could make a fantastic adaptation and capture the real essence, power and violence of the character. I think they'd have a real hit on their hands. There are an awful lot of Conan fans out there who would love to see just such an adaptation.